• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rooney hears us………….. shout loud

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Art 2 has been doing significant things differen tly and one needs to acknowledge that. He is responding to hearing the criticism from the fans.

Some here may say the Tomlin needs to be gone, that may very well be should no PO win(s) occur this season.

Article if from Home page here at STEELERNATION.COM

Good read, give it a look.

(sorry, I didn’t post link, here it is)

Salute the nation

Last edited:
Art 2 has been doing significant things differen tly and one needs to acknowledge that. He is responding to hearing the criticism from the fans.

Some here may say the Tomlin needs to be gone, that may very well be should no PO win(s) occur this season.

Article if from Home page here at STEELERNATION.COM

Good read, give it a look.

Salute the nation
Thank you DIC For this post and following you..................... and for the many posts along the way. you are an indeed a Steeler nation treasure. Do not change who you are or what you post.

I posted the link, sorry not for doing so with original post.

I think he is doing something, they have changed the entire way they are preparing for the season. It started in baby steps last year and progressed to larger steps this year.

I can see the Tomlin in lesser “control” role and very more concerned moving forward.

I feel this is his make or break year. His season will determine his future.

Salute the nation

I'm just hoping to see the team get back to being a physical football team on offense and defense.

I can't think of a single Steeler squad who made the Superbowl that wasn't physical.
I am sadly just hoping to win another playoff game at this point. Or a competitive one. Oh how the "Standard" has fallen over these last 17 years.

The Steelers' offense has been their Achilles' heel in recent years.

I found this interesting. When we have made the playoffs it has been our D that has **** the bed.

I am sadly just hoping to win another playoff game at this point. Or a competitive one. Oh how the "Standard" has fallen over these last 17 years.

I found this interesting. When we have made the playoffs it has been our D that has **** the bed.
I thought it was a combination of both but I agree they definitely IMO share a decent amount of the blame. Including the lack of X and O coaching and a suspect scheme.

I posted the link, sorry not for doing so with original post.

I think he is doing something, they have changed the entire way they are preparing for the season. It started in baby steps last year and progressed to larger steps this year.

I can see the Tomlin in lesser “control” role and very more concerned moving forward.

I feel this is his make or break year. His season will determine his future.

Salute the nation
As long as Tomlin has his fingers in the Defense it will be more of the same. I will wait and see if he has backed away from the Offensive side of the ball.

That said. I truly hope Rooney isn't making moves off what fans are saying. That is horrible if it is factual. How about simply looking at the product we have been putting on the field. Looking where we have been failing year in and year out. Make your decisions off the product....not us fans crying.

In the end if you look at our problems they all lead back to Tomlin. After 17 or so years it is long over-do for us to move on. So if you are reading this Rooney. And you are making moves off what fans want......FIRE TOMLIN aleady!!!!

I've often wondered if Art was tapped into the online fan base at all. I mean, not him personally...but perhaps a person or two who monitors the Steeler's online fanbase and gives him a brief of some sort. Or does the man even give a rat's *** about places like this awesome forum? We used to have a poster on here, forget his name now, who worked in marketing or promotions for the Steelers, not sure if he is still here or not.

I've often wondered if Art was tapped into the online fan base at all. I mean, not him personally...but perhaps a person or two who monitors the Steeler's online fanbase and gives him a brief of some sort. Or does the man even give a rat's *** about places like this awesome forum? We used to have a poster on here, forget his name now, who worked in marketing or promotions for the Steelers, not sure if he is still here or not.
Cooch?

😁

As long as Tomlin has his fingers in the Defense it will be more of the same. I will wait and see if he has backed away from the Offensive side of the ball.

That said. I truly hope Rooney isn't making moves off what fans are saying. That is horrible if it is factual. How about simply looking at the product we have been putting on the field. Looking where we have been failing year in and year out. Make your decisions off the product....not us fans crying.

In the end if you look at our problems they all lead back to Tomlin. After 17 or so years it is long over-do for us to move on. So if you are reading this Rooney. And you are making moves off what fans want......FIRE TOMLIN aleady!!!!

You can bet Art 2 has a assistant / staff member who monitors fan base & reactions. Every business does and wants to know what people think.

NO, he does not make decisions solely based on fan response, but it's a small part of the big picture.

My company spends ZERO $$$dollars$$$ on advertisement, I listen to my customers, use some as input for a better product. I run a plumbing & HVAC business for over
25+ years and seem to be the busiest guy in several towns.

Fan / customer input is a small piece of the pie chart, but a piece none the less.

Salute the nation

Because they haven't changed **** and are easily exploited come playoff time vs good/great teams.

It's actually embarrassing for a franchise long known for having exceptional defense to get shredded like wet paper pretty routinely now.

You just can't do the same thing over and over while expecting different results.

Because they haven't changed **** and are easily exploited come playoff time vs good/great teams.

It's actually embarrassing for a franchise long known for having exceptional defense to get shredded like wet paper pretty routinely now.

You just can't do the same thing over and over while expecting different results.
I am hoping Rooney will read this post. Apparently watching 10 years of it isn't hitting home yet. Maybe even Cam will screenshot your post and use it for a little motivation. Hell....hopefully Tomlin will start using screenshots to get the team up for a game.

still the O didn't put the D in a good situation, botched snaps, ints, fumbles

Thank you DIC For this post and following you..................... and for the many posts along the way. you are an indeed a Steeler nation treasure. Do not change who you are or what you post.
I don't know. He could wash the Luxury S10 from time to time.

I don't know. He could wash the Luxury S10 from time to time.

Still mad 'cause you had to ride in the back.......... Lunar's White Castle chics were a no-brainer for riding, up front also...................... ;)

Salute the nation

I remember when we played in the HOF game. Cowher was there, so he asked Shades if he could call a defensive play. Tomlin let him, and Cowher said that when he was coaching they had a play called (whatever. I don't remember the real name of the play). Tomlin responded "We still call it that."

The talking heads thought it was funny. I thought it was pathetic. Here he is, getting his signals stolen by the cheatriots, and they don't change even basic stuff up???

Dude is retarded at times.

/rant

Last edited:

It has been more a factor of they have had no one left to play defense come the playoffs AND the offense keeps ******** the bed putting them in terrible situations.

still the O didn't put the D in a good situation, botched snaps, ints, fumbles
Top paid D in the game. They have been ******** the bed. Tomlin's entire game plan revolves around our D being "elite". They have been far from elite unfortunately. You seeing this Cam? Yeah. I am calling you out.

Top paid D in the game. They have been ******** the bed. Tomlin's entire game plan revolves around our D being "elite". They have been far from elite unfortunately. You seeing this Cam? Yeah. I am calling you out.
Again let’s look at what injuries have ended up leaving us with come the playoffs, in many of these games we were extremely short at pivotal positions then we get the offense turning the ball over Iike against Cleveland.

I have said this for years. The D shyte the bed, though the O hasn’t really been a shining light.

Again let’s look at what injuries have ended up leaving us with come the playoffs, in many of these games we were extremely short at pivotal positions then we get the offense turning the ball over Iike against Cleveland.
Nope. Not today. Every team has injuries. It simply is what it is. A defensive scheme that has run its course. And who has their fingers in the bowl when mixing up the ingredients? Yep. Tomlin.

You reading this Mr. Rooney? How about you Cam?

There had been a lot of talk on this board a while back about Art II only caring about the $$$$$. People were convinced of it.

I've always believed he yearns to hoist the Lombardi like his father and grandfather did before him.

Last edited:
There had been a lot of talk on this board a while back about Art II only caring about the $$$$$. People were convinced of it.

I've always believed he yearns to hoist the Lombardi like his father and grandfather did before him.

I think young Dan said

”Dad, you’ve got two years to make that happen, then I’m taking over”

Salute the nation