• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

round 4-6 wishlist

Archer is a young pup, nothing would keep him from adding 5-10 pounds if needed. That would put him in the company of the following players around the league:

He's 23, older than most rookies. Dunno about you, but I was done growing before 23. And I'd be worried about him adding 10 pounds (which he apparently couldn't do in college) and damaging the one and only thing he has, his speed.

He's 23, older than most rookies. Dunno about you, but I was done growing before 23.
I'm 45 and still growing... for whatever it's worth. ;)

I think the pick of Archer was stupid, considering a legitimate LT was sitting there ... waiting ... waiting ... waiting ...

Richardson
Ellington
Exum
Ellis
Roberson
Coleman

In no particular order

Here's my mock for the rest of the draft (which will never happen)

R4 CB PIERRE DESIR LINDENWOOD
R5 WR BRANDON COLEMAN RUTGERS
R5 CB ROSS COCKRELL DUKE
R6 DT JUSTIN ELLIS LOUISIANA TECH
R6 DE TAYLOR HART OREGON
R7 OLB AARON LYNCH SOUTH FLORIDA

That would be awesome. I wouldn't mind trading down to snag an extra pick somewhere. I want a legit third down back...maybe Seastrunk or White.

R5 CB ROSS COCKRELL DUKE
R6 DE TAYLOR HART OREGON

Some great, great options left. We have our work cut out for us to make up for the Archer pick. Dude might not ever dress for a game.

OT Antonio Richardson, Tennessee - A natural LT with outstanding athleticism and upper-body strength. He waist-bends a bit, but he'll start on the left for someone. His footspeed is awesome for a zone scheme, too.

WR Bruce Ellington, South Carolina - Fast, quick, tough slot guy. Massive upside.

CB Rashaad Reynolds, Oregon State - A talented ball-skills CB who fits what we do here. Plays off, but attacks and closes on the ball. Pursues and tackles. In all honestly, I had the guy ranked ahead of Justin Gilbert.

If all three were available at that point, my mock would go:

4. Ellington
5a. CB E.J. Gaines, Missouri
5b. WR Devin Street, Pittsburgh
6a. NT Ryan Carrethers, Arkansas State
6b. OLB Devon Kennard, USC
7. TE Marcel Jensen, Fresno State

Antonio Richardson
Anthony Johnson
Ed Stinson
Laurent Duvernay-Tardif
Rashaad Reynolds
Keith McGill
Antone Exum
Shamar Stephen
Adrian Hubbard
Daquan Jones
AJ McCarron
Logan Thomas
Caraun Reid
Christian Jones
Ka'Deem Carey
Shaq Evans
Andre Williams
Daniel McCullars
Deandre Coleman
Seantrel Henderson

that's 20 guys - some of whom may go before we pick. Throw in some more WRs and RBs and we still may have some quality talent slide to us.
Hopefully we don't pass it up and take some **** who should be classified a premium FA

Watkins put up 16 reps. Beckham put up 8. 6'5 231 Mike Evans put up 12. Sorry, but all are considerably better built and more durable than the oft-injured Archer.

I would get the pick if he projected to any role whatsoever on offense. Read TMC's extensive post on Archer. The best season by a RB under 180 in the last 10 years was McCluster's 500 yards (he was then moved to slot WR). I cannot imagine how they expect to give this guy offensive a role. He didn't return punts at all in college, so they didn't draft him to do that. Kickoffs have been obliterated in today's NFL as most kickoffs are downed, so I surely hope they didn't draft him to do that. He wasn't a WR in college, so I doubt they drafted him to do that. Either they think he's going to completely revolutionize the NFL in multiple ways, or they felt this was a throwaway pick to spend on another Chris Rainey.

Maybe they plan on using him to retrieve the kicking tee after kick-offs? On an off the field with the quickness of a small dog.

McGill is the giant CB that's so trendy right now. Huge, good/great athleticism. And he'd be on my board if he wasn't a 25 year old sissybitch.

R5 CB ROSS COCKRELL DUKE
R6 DE TAYLOR HART OREGON
I'll play too...

R4 Justin Ellis, NT
R5 Antoine Exum, CB
R5 Larry Webster, TE
R6 Devin Street, WR
R6 Dontae Johnson, CB
R7 Jonathan Dowling, FS

I would expect some kind of trade to move up as well. Maybe to acquire an extra 4 or a move up in the 5th. There is still plenty of talent they can choose from at this point in the draft. They have 6 picks today. Lets see what those bring.