• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rush Limbaugh announces he has advanced lung cancer

Spike

Reaction score
Limbaugh told listeners that the advanced lung cancer will keep him off the air on certain days when he receives treatment. He said the diagnosis has been confirmed by two medical institutions since he first realized something was wrong on January 12.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rush-limbaugh-advanced-lung-cancer

--------------------

I don’t know the details but know its serious

Last edited:
Cancer truly sucks. I wish him well, treatments have improved over the last 20 years or so.

And he has a lot of money, so he'll get the best care possible.

Even the best care is very debilitating and painful.

images

Lung cancer is one of the toughest forms, given its propensity to spread. Best wishes.

Even the best care is very debilitating and painful.

images

Yeah, after re-reading that it did come off as calloused which certainly was not my intent. Cancer sucks in any form for everyone. So, I apologize if I came across as a jackass.

Last edited:
Yep, lost my Dad to lung cancer 20 years ago, it was brutal for him.

Just lost my uncle last night to cancer. Dad's brother and they were extremely close so he's taking it pretty hard. I'm glad he's at peace personally, because it was melanoma that metastasized to his organs and kept him bedridden for literally the last 2 years of his life.

I know it was a long time ago for your dad, but my condolences. **** Cancer.

He does often say, "My formerly nicotine stained fingers."

He does often say, "My formerly nicotine stained fingers."

Yeah, and the unfortunate news is that even among those who quit smoking many years before, the years of smoking increase the chances of lung cancer. Also, Rush smoked cigars for many years. Cigar smokers generally do not inhale the smoke, but research shows a definite link between cigar smoking and an increased incidence of lung cancer.

Yeah, and the unfortunate news is that even among those who quit smoking many years before, the years of smoking increase the chances of lung cancer. Also, Rush smoked cigars for many years. Cigar smokers generally do not inhale the smoke, but research shows a definite link between cigar smoking and an increased incidence of lung cancer.

I smoked cigarettes for 30 years and have quit for almost 14 and I smile cigars but I don’t get out of breath like I used to

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Just lost my uncle last night to cancer. Dad's brother and they were extremely close so he's taking it pretty hard. I'm glad he's at peace personally, because it was melanoma that metastasized to his organs and kept him bedridden for literally the last 2 years of his life.

I know it was a long time ago for your dad, but my condolences. **** Cancer.

Lost my mom same way, not bedridden to last couple months of her life,very painful to watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Sorry to hear that Charlie. **** Cancer.

And I heard Rush smoked cigars like a fiend.

As another fan of both the Steelers and Rush, I'm pulling for a speedy recovery. If anyone can beat cancer Rush can

Sent from my SM-N960U using Steeler Nation mobile app

I watch my grandmother waste away to 90 lbs and die from lung cancer. She smoked Pall Mall filterless. It sucks.

She smoked Pall Mall filterless. It sucks.

Jeez, my grandmother also smoked Pall Mall filterless (3 packs a day), died of a massive stroke at 56. Way too young.

Saw this today it realized that this will eventually be a moniker for his legacy.

1789527.gif

You go boy....

ct0i3D6.gif