• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Russell Wilson promising statistic

The one thing that bothers me about the pickett thing is ”he wasn’t used properly“ from the beginning. He beat out numb-nuts his rookie year… from day one he was the better qb! not a big shocker he was a 5th yr senior that played at heisman trophy level all year… he was ready just as Purdy, another 5th yr senior, was ready for the 9ers. instead the Steeler “brain trust” decided to ease KP in… and all they managed to do was insure the whole team got off to a horrible start. The next year he plays and they go into the season with everyone in the state of Pennsylvania but Mike tomlin believing Canada should be fired! And of course KP gets hurt… and being the good soldier he wanted to be, like the legends of old, he decides to play hurt… he doesn’t play well but he plays hurt until they have to take he out and Tomlin keeps him out! He never gave Randolph a fair shot after drafting KP but then decide to give him a shot after he’s committed the team, the fans, everyone to KP!!. Now you have a qb mess! Then “the brain trust” decide to bring in a has-been. Maybe he has some left in the tank, Kurt Warner did, but who knows!? Tomlin should have been fired over the KP mess! Either KP was horrible and shouldn’t have been drafted or he was horribly abused by the Steelers! maybe it’s both or maybe it’s neither but Tomlin should have been fired! Horrible! But life goes on as usual around the Steelers no one held accountable! It’s like the US government runs the Steelers!

How do you use a QB with: poor accuracy, poor pocket presence, and a barely average arm- properly?

The Steelers took a low-risk, high-reward approach and over drafted a QB (at least a round too early) @ #20. Not the worst strategy.

For the Steelers to have a chance at a playoff win they need a dominant defense and an even better run game.
Huge upgrade over Pickett isn't really guaranteeing anything.
Neither Fields nor Wilson's body of work over the past few seasons is anything to write home about.
My early excitement of running Pickett out of town has subsided and I've come to the realization every bad team in the league gets rid of awful QB's all the time, and it takes much more than that to build a team that has legit shot at playoff success.

I do see some major upgrades, like OC, OL and Payton Wilson.
I still see major liabilities in the pass game between the unknown at QB and the Unproven at WR.

How do you use a QB with: poor accuracy, poor pocket presence, and a barely average arm- properly?

The Steelers took a low-risk, high-reward approach and over drafted a QB (at least a round too early) @ #20. Not the worst strategy.
As it turns out, it was a hideous strategy.

The one thing that bothers me about the pickett thing is ”he wasn’t used properly“ from the beginning. He beat out numb-nuts his rookie year… from day one he was the better qb! not a big shocker he was a 5th yr senior that played at heisman trophy level all year… he was ready just as Purdy, another 5th yr senior, was ready for the 9ers. instead the Steeler “brain trust” decided to ease KP in… and all they managed to do was insure the whole team got off to a horrible start. The next year he plays and they go into the season with everyone in the state of Pennsylvania but Mike tomlin believing Canada should be fired! And of course KP gets hurt… and being the good soldier he wanted to be, like the legends of old, he decides to play hurt… he doesn’t play well but he plays hurt until they have to take he out and Tomlin keeps him out! He never gave Randolph a fair shot after drafting KP but then decide to give him a shot after he’s committed the team, the fans, everyone to KP!!. Now you have a qb mess! Then “the brain trust” decide to bring in a has-been. Maybe he has some left in the tank, Kurt Warner did, but who knows!? Tomlin should have been fired over the KP mess! Either KP was horrible and shouldn’t have been drafted or he was horribly abused by the Steelers! maybe it’s both or maybe it’s neither but Tomlin should have been fired! Horrible! But life goes on as usual around the Steelers no one held accountable! It’s like the US government runs the Steelers!
Nice post.

For the Steelers to have a chance at a playoff win they need a dominant defense and an even better run game.
Neither Fields nor Wilson's body of work over the past few seasons is anything to write home about.
My early excitement of running Pickett out of town has subsided and I've come to the realization every bad team in the league gets rid of awful QB's all the time, and it takes much more than that to build a team that has legit shot at playoff success.

I still see major liabilities in the pass game between the unknown at QB and the Unproven at WR.
LOL.....You made a funny. Tomlin runs this defense. He has for years. When he stops running it...perhaps we will trend toward dominant....until then though....it is laughable to put the words dominant defense with Tomlin in the same sentence. Just saying.

Horrible OL. Horrible OC. Horrible play-calling. Horrible coaching. These are irrefutable facts. Laying all the blame on Pickett is laughable. Coaches job to put the players in the best position to succeed and win. You can not say Tomlin did this for Pickett. Or Rudy for that matter.

LOL.....You made a funny. Tomlin runs this defense. He has for years. When he stops running it...perhaps we will trend toward dominant....until then though....it is laughable to put the words dominant defense with Tomlin in the same sentence. Just saying.
The architect who averaged 40+ points given up in the last 4 playoff games combined? Yea, there's just a touch of a problem with him and our Ds. Just a smidge: averaged over 40 points in the last 4 postseason games. Yea, I'd say there's a problem there.

I hear that and agree 100%. I said that's what We need, not what we'll get.

But Tomlin is so super great at running the defense. He spends more than ANYONE in the NFL yet produces far below that matrix when it comes to putting together a stellar D. He spends more than ANY TEAM yet produces a D that ranks 21st, beautiful. Great going, imbecile. Do you outline the defensive game plan with color crayons? This team is purely Mickey Mouse right out of the gates. They've AVERAGED giving up 40+ points a game in their last 4 playoff games. That's real greatness there.

Ahh you and Lloyd ever the hopeful optimist.