• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

sack man Jones!!

He could have simply been warming up. Of course, maybe he is doing some shrugs. He is not a thick necked guy. Hard to say, would not get too excited or condemn anyone over one offseason photo...unless it involved "Kinky Kelly and the Sexy Stud"

clerks2qv2.jpg

I kind of like that grey sweatshirt above....

I realize the ones I showed as an example were KG. It is because most of the photos that showed various sizes did not give the thickness angle well and many are color coded. But, I looked through other workout photos and can promise you that he was not using weights with KG. In fact....

temp2014_OSWkr_0502_0163_1--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

temp2014_OSWkr_0502_0109_1--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

If those were 99 pound plates, I will drive to a draft day party and blow all the attendees. No doubt in my mind there were not more than 45s.

Looks like a 25 and 50 on each side. The bar is usually 45. So, you're looking at 195 lbs.

I don't care how much weight is on the bar - just keep lifting!!!

LOL..I with you Berm, the stronger he gets the better. He seems smart, he's got quickness...now with some strength, he may be what we drafted him to be.

LOL..I with you Berm, the stronger he gets the better. He seems smart, he's got quickness...now with some strength, he may be what we drafted him to be.

I agree with you guys. Keep lifting and get better. Some people just look at it as another chance to pile on and criticize the guy.

20 lbs of muscle in the offseason is very hard to do. Even 10 lbs will take a lot of effort. Now, he could put on some fat lbs also but he needs to be able to carry the weight. If he can come in 10 lbs heavier than he did for last years camp, I'd be happy - as long as he did gain strength in his legs and core. That's where he needs it to move around 325 lb linemen.

I agree with you guys. Keep lifting and get better. Some people just look at it as another chance to pile on and criticize the guy.

VERY good point, It does take time to develop. I'm glad he is working hard & developing during the off season. What more can you ask!!

Salute the nation

Pretty tough to add 20lbs of muscle in 4 months without some extra "help"

I would hope that more people realized that performance enhancing substances are being used; there are things other than conventional steroids. I have believed it to be around the NFL since the 1960s.

I found it comical that McGuire and Sosa were praised in 1998 for their home run chase and vilified after. I determine these people to be either hypocrites or just plain stupid (Mike Greenburg anyone)

Those absolutely could be 25/35/45 pound plates. In areas where the bar goes to the floor, places that can afford them use rubber plates. Hard to tell the weight on those plates without seeing it stamped.

kgbumpers-h1_1.jpg

Most gyms do not have them because the rubber bumper plates are actually more expensive than the steel plates.
Hard to say what exercise it is. Maybe he is in the middle of taking it from his waist to his shoulders or maybe he is about to send the weights to the floor. Lots of guys drop those rubber weights.

I have seen Rubber Plates ONCE - getting a tour of Bucs training facility. Forgot about that - they did have KG weights there. Normal gyms never have anything but the steel plates so I can be stood corrected.

FWIW 20 some years ago I was talking with a former trainer from the Bengals. He said that they used to get the players to lift the heaviest weights they could 5 times and immediately lower the weight a few pounds and lift again without rest until they couldn't lift again, and keep reducing the weight, no breaks until even the bar was too much to push up. He said it got the muscles completely fatigued quickly and was the quickest way to add bulk.

Not saying that that's being done now, but there isn't much you can tell from just one picture if the weight is low.

FWIW 20 some years ago I was talking with a former trainer from the Bengals. He said that they used to get the players to lift the heaviest weights they could 5 times and immediately lower the weight a few pounds and lift again without rest until they couldn't lift again, and keep reducing the weight, no breaks until even the bar was too much to push up. He said it got the muscles completely fatigued quickly and was the quickest way to add bulk.

Not saying that that's being done now, but there isn't much you can tell from just one picture if the weight is low.

Pretty common bodybuilding practice, they are called burn sets.

I love them, nice pump, great burn. There's also the 1-10 method. Start with your one rep max, do that, take a little weight off do two reps, take weight off and do three reps, etc. All the way to ten reps. Both methods are great for fatiguing the muscles so you can really destroy them and add size.