• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Santa Claus Banned from Oregon Classrooms

Spike

Reaction score
HILLSBORO, Ore. (WTVD) -- A school district in Oregon is joining many others around the country in a controversial decision to ban holiday symbols and decorations from the classroom.

KATU reports Santa Claus is no longer welcome in Hillsboro Schools, outside Portland.

The district told staff who wished to decorate offices or doors to refrain from religious-themed decorations or images, including Santa. The students are not allowed to wear anything Santa-themed, either.

School officials said they just want to make sure all cultures and backgrounds are comfortable at school.

http://abc11.com/society/santa-claus-banned-from-oregon-classrooms/1631841/

-------------------

Can't wear Santa socks?, who the **** comes up with this ****?

What next, ban Frosty The Snowman because he's white?

Libtards shouldn't be allowed to have kids

I'm sure Mohammed is okay though.

Pretty sure Santa wasn't born in a stable and is the son of God.....

Wet blankets. Since when did Santa become a religious figure?

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Santaclaus=Saint Nicolas

I will be okay with it so long as they stop having kids recite the Shehada when learning about islam as it is a prayer and a declaration of faith.

Santaclaus=Saint Nicolas

I will be okay with it so long as they stop having kids recite the Shehada when learning about islam as it is a prayer and a declaration of faith.

Okay but it's kind of a reach

But we can still have elves and reindeers right? Or will that piss everyone off too?

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

I have it on good authority that Rudolph is a Jehovah's Witness, so of course he has to go as well.

I just don't get it, back in the day if you wanted to come to America, come on welcome! but become an American, not so anymore

We're supposedly a melting pot. Somewhere along the way PC sensitivity got the edge over sanity and the preservation of what "made us great". No Santa Claus? That has always been the safe haven that has transcended racial and cultural divides.

We're supposedly a melting pot. Somewhere along the way PC sensitivity got the edge over sanity and the preservation of what "made us great". No Santa Claus? That has always been the safe haven that has transcended racial and cultural divides.

Absolutely well said. So many artists/musicians/thespians have collaborated on one single, wonderful tradition that has been so important to kids and in the spirit of miracles and ideals w/o the exclusion of anyone -- one Santa Claus.

And who gives a **** if he's based on a 4th century Christian philanthropist? The Saint Nicholas I've read about doesn't even have a "controversy" section on their Wikipedia entry, making him a true saint in my eyes.

just another battle on the war against religion. Once again, the self proclaimed tolerant leftists prove they are the least tolerant of all.

True, But not religious. I'm not going there, but I think people are ready to fight back.

Asinine. Yes technically Santa WAS a religious symbol but he is hardly viewed as one. Nobody looks at Santa and the first thing to pop in their mind is something religious....unless you're a liberal ******* just wanting to start ****.

He's been relegated to being an obese make believe character surrounded by elves and flying reindeer for goodness ******* sake.

I believe it's a general pathetic swing to the PC world we now live in. If something offends even one person's sensitivity, it must be banned by the PC police. Another example is Halloween. It is now called the Harvest Festival, because some think it promotes Satanism, or some other horseshit. Same with what used to be Easter break.

I believe it's a general pathetic swing to the PC world we now live in. If something offends even one person's sensitivity, it must be banned by the PC police. Another example is Halloween. It is now called the Harvest Festival, because some think it promotes Satanism, or some other horseshit. Same with what used to be Easter break.

it's not Thanksgiving Break anymore either. It's Fall Break. The word Thanksgiving supposedly conjures up images of Indians being massacred and the white men stealing food. I **** you not.

We sure do have a group trying to gut every tradition in America. All because it may offend someone.Really? How pathetic.Well they offend me and I want to ban them from all schools and universities.

Today is the anniversary of san bernadino shootings by muslim husband /wife team.

This was on the radio first thing this morning. They continued the story by saying " The only motive found for the shootings were some internet postings stating that they were angered about christmas holiday events and they were muslims. "

Wow, so we're going to lose Christmas to appease the Muslims? What other traditions are Muslims unable to bear living around? WTF is wrong with us?

Go back to your **** hole of origin if our country doesn't suit you!!! You don't belong here!!!

Nothing can be celebrated, especially anything to do with Christian holidays. No one is allowed to be happy about anything. Everyone must be a whiny, sniveling, offended wussy liberal douchebag.

Oh wait... TRUMP WON, *******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F-you and your fragile libtard feelings!

Santa will be replaced with muhammed
Reindeers will be replaced with goats
Sleigh rides will be replaced with toyota trucks
Presents will be replaced with bombs
All to cater to liberal needs

I have always been anti-santa. Calling him Saint Nicholas is revisionist history. His only purpose is to promote consumerism and distract the from the lord and savior, baby Jesus being born to save all Christians. There is nothing magical about a fat man doing a billion B&Es the night before Jesus' Birthday.

You want to keep the Christmas spirit? What is more magical than celebrating the birth of Baby Jesus?

**** Santa. Schools can ***** and ban his fictitious *** all they want. But if my kid is told to take off her baby Jesus shirt in December, that school will understand the term 'fire and brimstone'.

Santa has always lacked religious overtones for me. We were taught that Santa Claus was of the world. That seems to fit for me. That doesn't mean that I don't think that every kid in America deserves to dream about the little old man with the reindeer.

I have always been anti-santa. Calling him Saint Nicholas is revisionist history. His only purpose is to promote consumerism and distract the from the lord and savior, baby Jesus being born to save all Christians. There is nothing magical about a fat man doing a billion B&Es the night before Jesus' Birthday.

You want to keep the Christmas spirit? What is more magical than celebrating the birth of Baby Jesus?

**** Santa. Schools can ***** and ban his fictitious *** all they want. But if my kid is told to take off her baby Jesus shirt in December, that school will understand the term 'fire and brimstone'.

But what you're saying is the exact reason schools shouldn't ban Santa....as you said, he's a fictitious character not a religious one.

They will never completely remove all traces of Christmas. My thing is I am tired of Christianity being the only target. Don't deny one religion as strictly forbidden while teaching all about others. Either leave them all alone or exclude them all.