• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Santa Claus Banned from Oregon Classrooms

They will never completely remove all traces of Christmas. My thing is I am tired of Christianity being the only target. Don't deny one religion as strictly forbidden while teaching all about others. Either leave them all alone or exclude them all.

THANK YOU!!!!! I cringe every damn year when we have to teach the kids about Kwanzaa....a made-up holiday created by black extremists. Of course the kids aren't allowed to learn THAT.

If I were a teacher in the Oregon school system, I would put up sleigh and reindeer ornaments/pictures with Santa missing. Self driving sleigh technology.

Or better yet, have Mrs. Clause driving the sleigh...she in no way can be labeled a religious figure. Plus that would prove I wasn't a misogynist.

But what you're saying is the exact reason schools shouldn't ban Santa....as you said, he's a fictitious character not a religious one.

I personally don't care what schools do with Santa, I don't have a problem with him being banned because I do not like the idea of him, but he is not a religious symbol. He is the symbol of consumerism.

I personally don't care what schools do with Santa, I don't have a problem with him being banned because I do not like the idea of him, but he is not a religious symbol. He is the symbol of consumerism.

My father felt strongly the same way, enter Santa the symbol of consumerism and Jesus and the true meaning of Christmas gets displaced or forgotten...of course I'm not as religious as he was.

Lol... just noticed some irony... your avatar Cope, he was Jew and most likely didn't believe in Jesus, but may have had no problem with that jolly fat man!

My father felt strongly the same way, enter Santa the symbol of consumerism and Jesus and the true meaning of Christmas gets displaced or forgotten...of course I'm not as religious as he was.

Lol... just noticed some irony... your avatar Cope, he was Jew and most likely didn't believe in Jesus, but may have had no problem with that jolly fat man!

Probably not. I have no problem with secular people who need a holiday mascot, or non christians adopting Santa. I just don't like Christians who have been taught for generations that it is OK to lie to your kids in the days leading up to the birth of Jesus. Last time I checked, the only entity who is supposed to see you when you're sleeping, and know when you're awake, is an omnipotent God, not a jolly fat man...

This has been going on for decades.

When I was in grad school at PSU in the mid 90s, Graham Spanier, of Sandusky scandal fame, and a Jew who had attended Jewish religious ceremonies on campus, did the same thing. No Christmas tree in Old Main, no wreaths, no Santas, etc.

This has been going on for decades.

When I was in grad school at PSU in the mid 90s, Graham Spanier, of Sandusky scandal fame, and a Jew who had attended Jewish religious ceremonies on campus, did the same thing. No Christmas tree in Old Main, no wreaths, no Santas, etc.

Just as long as he didn't put up Jewish Hanukkah stuff.

Maybe with the new President the people will now start to push back against this sort of stuff.

Just as long as he didn't put up Jewish Hanukkah stuff.

I don't know what Jewish stuff is an actual Jewish symbol and what is not. I'm sure the minora is. The crazy thing is Christmas trees, santa, etc. aren't religious symbols, they're holdiay symbols and "holiday" has replaced "Christmas" as the PC term for the season.

For people to suggest they are religious symbols is insensitive toward Christians as it shows an ignorance of their religion.

I don't know what Jewish stuff is an actual Jewish symbol and what is not. I'm sure the minora is. The crazy thing is Christmas trees, santa, etc. aren't religious symbols, they're holdiay symbols and "holiday" has replaced "Christmas" as the PC term for the season.

For people to suggest they are religious symbols is insensitive toward Christians as it shows an ignorance of their religion.

The Christmas Tree is a pagan symbol.
http://www.whychristmas.com/customs/trees.shtml

I would go with them promoting witchcraft -- and put it in line with Halloween symbology.

Don't worry about Santa folks...

The religious Christian holiday of Christmas, with its images of Santa Claus and such, also fuels the secular Black Friday holiday...

Chri$tmas ain't going nowhere any time soon!

^^^Beat me to it.^^^

So when are schools going to start banning yarmulkes and burkas? Those are religious symbols, and are distracting for learning...