• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Sayonara Steelers...

Dude was just trying to remind people that he's still out there.
Goodbye Pittsburgh? oh yeah? Where you heading Terrell?
Nobody that I can think of screams out the phrase "the best ability is availability" more than Edmunds
He's been a solid player, but damn that boy is durable.
Was he posturing as in just wishful thinking?

Was he posturing as in just wishful thinking?

Very well could be as I haven’t seen anything saying someone signed him ? No money talk either.

I read somewhere the “safety“ market was saturated and some of the FAs were going to have to reconsider and ask for less money.

I don’t know if by doing his social media, he burnt any bridges here or not but he may have to re-think his money position and employment position all the while asking for maybe a pay cut and his job back……

Salute the nation

I've always been hard on Edmunds, but I can't deny he was a class act and reliable. He was a good player, just never became a great player, which we all expect out of first rounders. If he was drafted in the 3rd or 4th, i'd probably have less of a problem about his splash plays, but those are cards that were dealt.

Good luck in your NFL future!

If edmunds had been a low second or a third he would have been a good pick… we got five years out of him and he was starter quality… the Steelers reaching for him doesn’t make him a bad player
Troy Edwards syndrome.

The thing is, when Kazee got healthy, we moved Edmunds down into the box on passing downs, and I thought he played great there. He was the guy they wanted all these FA LBers to be.

He definitely had his best year. It's not like we signed Kazee for big money, so imo he could still be in play.

Where’s the post ”he wasn‘t used correctly”?? why they didn’t put him at ‘little” linebacker where he could cover and pop that short slant over the middle, where he could have filled shazier’s shoes better than bush given the chance, is anyone’s guess. it wasn't really a fair expectation of Edmonds to fill the troys role in the “men of steel“ defense.… all the talk of tomlin being a players coach is laughable as hes constantly playing guys out of position! De’s at tackle, right tackles at left tackles, guards at center, safeties at linebacker-linebackers at safety, wide outs at the slot… on and on. coach has one job “put the players in a position to make plays!“ to succeed. Edmonds will have over a hundred tackles in a defense that suits him with a coach that puts him in a position to succeed not fail. I don’t know where he’s going or if that’s the deal but if he goes to a team like the giants with wink at dc… watch and learn how to use a player properly coach tomlin…
Yeah. Trading up for Devin Bush was masterful, wasn't it?

He went to the Eagles on a one year contract. Heard a rumor previously but it is now confirmed.

I think DJ’s skillset is perfect for the slot. Wicked quick. He’ll create 5 yards of separation on a 3 yard pattern, just too bad it’s in the wrong direction.
Yeah, he would excel as a slot receiver. For whatever reason he or the coaching staff seem set on keeping him outside.

Where’s the post ”he wasn‘t used correctly”?? why they didn’t put him at ‘little” linebacker where he could cover and pop that short slant over the middle, where he could have filled shazier’s shoes better than bush given the chance, is anyone’s guess. it wasn't really a fair expectation of Edmonds to fill the troys role in the “men of steel“ defense.… all the talk of tomlin being a players coach is laughable as hes constantly playing guys out of position! De’s at tackle, right tackles at left tackles, guards at center, safeties at linebacker-linebackers at safety, wide outs at the slot… on and on. coach has one job “put the players in a position to make plays!“ to succeed. Edmonds will have over a hundred tackles in a defense that suits him with a coach that puts him in a position to succeed not fail. I don’t know where he’s going or if that’s the deal but if he goes to a team like the giants with wink at dc… watch and learn how to use a player properly coach tomlin…
Trying to figure out what the hell this has to do with my post about Colbert reaching for Devin Bush.