• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Schefter: Steelers Are Now Confirmed In Negotiations For Justin Fields

I hate the off season. is it Training camp yet?

Please do not bring Fields in here for a second round pick.
We need these premium picks and Fields isn’t worth it.
If he is that good then the Bears would keep him and build around him. I’d say they’ve seen enough.
Work on building around Kenny and making him better.
Besides, this Fields crap smells a lot like Shades.
I agree on not bringing in Fields, we don't need another flunkie QB from the Bears, and this one we'd have to give up draft capital to get. No thanks. As far as building around Kenny, I say, for 1 more season but by the season's end be ready to move on from him; if he's putting up anywhere what he has so far in the NFL, got to move on. His 13 TDs - 13 ints ratio is crap. So is his 37 QBR. He stinks in so many ways. He has to really radically improve to be kept past 2024.

It's the offseason. You should expect mountains of pure made up bs. What else are they to do?

The NFL is completely irrelevant at the moment and will be for months. I don't count free agency.

They're definitely nuts if they negotiate some type of longer term contract to cement the trade.
I do think FA adds some meat to the NFL subject, have you seen the list of UFAs this year? RBs in particular. I'd say a few teams are likely to get a lot better between whoever secures Barkley, Henry, Swift and so on could become contenders. No, not everywhere the top RBs go will make that big of a difference but a few likely will. Can you imagine Dallas offense with a Barkley in the backfield?

I agree on not bringing in Fields, we don't need another flunkie QB from the Bears, and this one we'd have to give up draft capital to get. No thanks. As far as building around Kenny, I say, for 1 more season but by the season's end be ready to move on from him; if he's putting up anywhere what he has so far in the NFL, got to move on. His 13 TDs - 13 ints ratio is crap. So is his 37 QBR. He stinks in so many ways. He has to really radically improve to be kept past 2024.

Actually we have no say so in ****..lol. They've kept a bunch of ****** players a long time just because of being drafted high.

Just be glad Kenny doesn't have a monster contract.

I certainly want him to light it up, which I'd give a 40/60 chance of.

The same goes for the HC. I certaintly want him to win and I think that is about a 10% chance of ever building a championship team from scratch.

I do think FA adds some meat to the NFL subject, have you seen the list of UFAs this year? RBs in particular. I'd say a few teams are likely to get a lot better between whoever secures Barkley, Henry, Swift and so on could become contenders. No, not everywhere the top RBs go will make that big of a difference but a few likely will. Can you imagine Dallas offense with a Barkley in the backfield?

Dallas has been cursed since superbowl xxx...lol.

I like Swift,and Henry has a lot of miles on those tires. I would have loved to have see him in black&Gold in his prime

Rumors swirl about Barkley joining the texans.

the next rumor will be that the steelers have no interest in Fields. then they do. then they dont. and Steeler fans will click on every one. This time of year we are starving for Football news and everyone knows it.

the next rumor will be that the steelers have no interest in Fields. then they do. then they dont. and Steeler fans will click on every one. This time of year we are starving for Football news and everyone knows it.

WHAT ??

You mean we are in the off-season ?

Salute the nation

The same goes for the HC. I certaintly want him to win and I think that is about a 10% chance of ever building a championship team from scratch.
Yea but Shades won't have a "losing season" and will say really cool quips during the year so we have that to look forward to. No, sure he hasn't proven that he can build a championship team on his own, but maybe we're just being greedy. In exchange for another Super Bowl title, we won't have a losing season and will get to hear all of his really "cool" quips throughout the season. Let's not get greedy, Shades won't have a losing season, isn't that enough?

Again, Shefter was saying that the Falcons werent interested in Fields then followed it up with something like " maybe something can be worked out with the steelers" and people read wayyy too much into it
He was just on MaCafee's show, said Steelers were not looking at QBs at the combine so much and there seemed like zero interest in Cousins thus far. Said they may pick "one of the FA QBs out there," but not really sure who. Sounds like initial reports were true: Pgh is not interested in acquiring any QB who thinks they could be the starter. Hard to see how that is reving up a legit QB competition operating like that. Gee whiz, you don't say.

You were spot on. Report today that they have no interest in any of the top losers available.

Bears brain trust thinking: we gave up essentially a first round pick for Claypuff, so Fields must be worth at least 2 first round picks.

Hope they end up keeping him because no one wants him at that price.

You were spot on. Report today that they have no interest in any of the top losers available.
With Wilson being confirmed as a release I put my money on black that some media outlets will say they are now in the front running.

This crap will go back in forth until they sign Tannehill.

With Wilson being confirmed as a release I put my money on black that some media outlets will say they are now in the front running.

This crap will go back in forth until they sign Tannehill.
Or Rudolph……

Or Rudolph……

Here’s a bold prediction

I see Rudolf start more than 6 games this up coming season.

This new OC system may be very kind to KP8 (& Rudy for that matter), but I think Pickett’s health will be a concern as well.

Add in the very possibility that Rudolf is just better, they both are on level ground with learning the new system so we will see.

Salute the nation