• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Schlereth….should stop patting ourselves on back

steelhurt

In Andy I trust....
Reaction score
This guy must have taken one too many hits to the head. Last week we were supposed to get beat by Bo Nix and the Broncos now it’s we shouldn’t pat ourselves on the back for beating a rookie.
Rookie QBs do win in this league. We watched it a dozen times right here in Houston last year with CJ.Stroud.
He’s pissed because Nix stinks and his team sucks.
As far as I’m concerned the Steelers beat a team in their stadium so they did what they were supposed to do.

This guy must have taken one too many hits to the head. Last week we were supposed to get beat by Bo Nix and the Broncos now it’s we shouldn’t pat ourselves on the back for beating a rookie.
Rookie QBs do win in this league. We watched it a dozen times right here in Houston last year with CJ.Stroud.
He’s pissed because Nix stinks and his team sucks.
As far as I’m concerned the Steelers beat a team in their stadium so they did what they were supposed to do.
He isn't wrong, C.J Stroud is the anomaly. He is getting all the hype in Houston because he looks like the real deal. Who was the last rookie that played like that year 1? Big Ben? Brady?
The Steelers did do what they were supposed to do but context matters here. Mark is 100% right

He isn't wrong, C.J Stroud is the anomaly. He is getting all the hype in Houston because he looks like the real deal. Who was the last rookie that played like that year 1? Big Ben? Brady?
The Steelers did do what they were supposed to do but context matters here. Mark is 100% right
About what? He started the discussion by saying Steeler fans shouldn't pat themselves on the back. Again, what Steeler fan is? So when you start something totally wrong, can it ever be 100% correct?

If I actually had sway in helping them win from my sofa,I'd certainly pat myself on the back. Hell I'd have them passing for 500 yards and 8 touchdowns a game.

He's just all bent, whomever that is. Isn't he a retired rodeo clown or something?

Joe Burrow played pretty good as a rookie. I think Jalen Hurts played ok as a rookie. Cam Newton was ok as rookie. Not great mind you but they played ok.
Steelers defense shut down Denver but the offense is very much a work in progress. Team badly needs a number two WR whomever that would be and someone to step up in the slot.
But we won in Denver which is never easy to do and we’re 2-0 which I’ll take every day.

Who cares. Why do people worry so much about what people say ?
You're right. It's just his constant whining about Wilson. Hey, maybe he was a problem for the Broncos, idk, but he ain't their problem anymore. Schlereth is like a guy who's girlfriend dumped him and he can't stop talking about her.

THe horse is dead, Schlereth.

Who the hell is patting themselves on the back?
Yeah this is an incomplete team. I don't need him to tell me that. I have eyes. They need to develop a complete offense. But they have allowed a pitence of points and the Falcons beat a team I consider outside legit contender last night.

Ben Roethlisberger, will be a VERY long time before any rookie will equal that rookie start / play.

Salute the nation

Schlereth needs to QBR.
Doesn't he know that we have The Greatest Coach In The History Of Football Who Has Never Had A Losing Season?
Shades is so awesome that the Steelers are 2-0 while only scoring one TD.

Brady never started as a rookie

Schlereth needs to QBR.
Doesn't he know that we have The Greatest Coach In The History Of Football Who Has Never Had A Losing Season?
I think that each new season without a losing record should bring named recognition:
Tomlinships.
Used in a sentence:
The Steelers are aiming for their 17th Tomlinship in 2024.

Shades is so awesome that the Steelers are 2-0 while only scoring one TD.

About what? He started the discussion by saying Steeler fans shouldn't pat themselves on the back. Again, what Steeler fan is? So when you start something totally wrong, can it ever be 100% correct?
He's 100% right about rookie QB's being bad almost every time

Joe Burrow played pretty good as a rookie. I think Jalen Hurts played ok as a rookie. Cam Newton was ok as rookie. Not great mind you but they played ok.
Steelers defense shut down Denver but the offense is very much a work in progress. Team badly needs a number two WR whomever that would be and someone to step up in the slot.
But we won in Denver which is never easy to do and we’re 2-0 which I’ll take every day.
Burrow is a good QB but he was 2-7-1 as a rookie, Hurts and Cam are glorified RB's who have the exact same passing issues that almost all Rush first QB's have, they collapse when they have to play QB like a QB and pass to win.