• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Science as McCarthyism

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Part of the issue is that the major grant money and accolades really only are being offered to those who support the man driven global warming concept. The only ones even trying to offer opposing research are typically funded by interest groups that are biased enough that the general populous simply dismisses the research as fraudulent, while accepting research that is absolutely wrong and intentionally biased to meet a predetermined result.

Let me be honest, this global warming agenda keeps me in a job, but if they regulate CO2 they will basically destroy our industrial infrastructure possibly beyond repair, and if they try large capacity CO2 capture, which doesn't work to begin with, are going to risk causing a disaster of epic proportions in terms of human life loss if the CO2 were to resurface on a massive scale in a localized area.

Look, the acid rain program and smog programs were wonderful. they cleaned up localized pollution and really fixed a real problem... now they are regulating things in concentrations so minute that they cant even be measured correctly at times. They use scare tactics talking about Mercury and Arsenic, but fail to mention equipment with the latest and greatest pollution controls the emissions of most pollutants are virtually non existent. I laugh as I see commercials with scrubbed stacks spewing white smoke that is really just all moisture and talking about how bad these stacks are. They even put cooling towers in one of them... all that is coming out of those, save for one stack in Germany and another in West Virginia, are basically clouds...

Also, if I were to use some of the bias correction methods that are done in most of these temperature and pollutant studies that the current global warming models are built on , Id be in jail for falsifying data. You can't apply correction factors subjectively, you cant cherry pick data for inclusion and you certainly cannot discard test data unreported simply because it doesn't fit your expected results. Some of the primary studies that are still used as the foundation for many subsequent studies and findings have been admittedly falsified. That is dangerous territory...

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
^^^^ Yep. ^^^^

Hineswardkickedurpanzyass

Reaction score
Jerry Brown just said that the California wildfires are linked to Global Warming. Which is crazy, because I thought they arrested some guy for arson. AGW is the greatest money grab scheme in modern history.

Stewey

Reaction score
Part of the issue is that the major grant money and accolades really only are being offered to those who support the man driven global warming concept. The only ones even trying to offer opposing research are typically funded by interest groups that are biased enough that the general populous simply dismisses the research as fraudulent, while accepting research that is absolutely wrong and intentionally biased to meet a predetermined result.

Let me be honest, this global warming agenda keeps me in a job, but if they regulate CO2 they will basically destroy our industrial infrastructure possibly beyond repair, and if they try large capacity CO2 capture, which doesn't work to begin with, are going to risk causing a disaster of epic proportions in terms of human life loss if the CO2 were to resurface on a massive scale in a localized area.

Look, the acid rain program and smog programs were wonderful. they cleaned up localized pollution and really fixed a real problem... now they are regulating things in concentrations so minute that they cant even be measured correctly at times. They use scare tactics talking about Mercury and Arsenic, but fail to mention equipment with the latest and greatest pollution controls the emissions of most pollutants are virtually non existent. I laugh as I see commercials with scrubbed stacks spewing white smoke that is really just all moisture and talking about how bad these stacks are. They even put cooling towers in one of them... all that is coming out of those, save for one stack in Germany and another in West Virginia, are basically clouds...

Also, if I were to use some of the bias correction methods that are done in most of these temperature and pollutant studies that the current global warming models are built on , Id be in jail for falsifying data. You can't apply correction factors subjectively, you cant cherry pick data for inclusion and you certainly cannot discard test data unreported simply because it doesn't fit your expected results. Some of the primary studies that are still used as the foundation for many subsequent studies and findings have been admittedly falsified. That is dangerous territory...

The way it was put to me was that the human contribution to CO2 levels amount to nothing but a fart in a hurricane.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
The way it was put to me was that the human contribution to CO2 levels amount to nothing but a fart in a hurricane.
Yes but if we can get enough people to believe it and accept a lower standard of living as a result, then it's all good.

madinsomniac

Reaction score

Eh, there is enough to think we may be raising it a few PPM, but not the amounts being tossed out there right now. It was insignificant until a ****-ton more countries started industrializing. That's also the ironic thing... we are basically sinking out economy while the countries that are totally unregulated and who never will regulate are the ones really polluting. I certainly doubt the scenario where it grows to full percentages of the atmosphere... that's just pure scare tactics based on poor research. Deforestation plays a small part... mostly though they are misinterpreting direct heating from paving and radiant heat combined with a natural environmental cycle as atmospheric heating.

Again we built a lot of cities in places that historically had periods either under water or as ground zero for terrible catastrophes, like virtually the entire pacific rim... and if I were a betting man, id say much of this is going to be used to blame other persons when we do see more major catastrophes wipe out Seattle or the California coast, because the people who are aware of the situations don't want to try to relocate or even really shore up some of these cities foundations. Also there are a bunch of us... cough cough... making a small mint off of all this nonsense..

you heard it here first... the new regs that take place in 2015 are going to close about a third of the coal fired power plant megawatts from the already overtaxed grid. If we have another winter like this one there will be blackouts... we all know this. The plants are being torn to the ground. Simultaneously gas prices are expected to rise as they idiotically export that fracking obtained gas about the same time its going to start being taxed heavier... The smart money says that when the price for electricity triples, or worse, the government will be forced to give taxpayer dollars and permission to these companies to build coal and nuclear plants on the taxpayer dime.

There aren't any good guys in this game... everyone is sort of either a virtual heretic or looking to make money off of this.. there just aren't enough people with no agenda making sound logical decisions off of real, repeatable, and unbiased data