• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Scoop: PresidentTrump is pulling U.S. out of Paris climate deal

You must have missed my earlier posts stating the carbon tax is fiscally irresponsible, which is why I supported pulling out of the Paris Accord.

Also, you don't pay carbon taxes, corporations do.

Still doesn't change the science. I still believe the US can reduce emissions on their own, more efficiently than paying into a global bank.

1. All net taxes are borne by end user. Corporations simply pass along taxes, unless they can offshore and then not pay tax.

2. Better efficiency, less pollution has nothing to do with global fearmongering/warming bullshit, and everything to with simple common sense and profitability.

references please.

Please include explanation of feedback mechanism.

TIA

It's proved science. I can understand why people in a political forum have trouble with it. ;)

The Goldilocks zone is the orbital range from the sun where liquid water is possible.

main-qimg-4d89cd9509e77d6ebb791e19181b7a85

Venus has always been an interesting planet. We can't land anything on the surface, and it's not a gas giant. It's simply temperature would melt any metal we try to land there. Due to the Greenhouse runaway there, the surface of Venus is hotter than the surface of Mercury. So closeness to the sun does not always determine surface temperature.

HurrjOo.gif

You reallllllly don't know how cost transfer works, do you?

What? increasing the price of goods to indirectly offset the carbon tax, or the paying into an unregulated world system for no good reason, because the world said so (which I've repeatedly stated, is fiscally irresponsible). I understand money way too well.

You have to understand that people exist that are fiscally conservative, understand and love science, and think polarizing politics is the worst thing for any country.

references please.

Please include explanation of feedback mechanism.

TIA

Still in the goldilocks zone. Problem is runaway greenhouse gas effect leading to a 96% CO2 atmosphere.

Come on Spike, you know the space stats. I love your space posts!

It's proved science. I can understand why people in a political forum have trouble with it. ;)

The Goldilocks zone is the orbital range from the sun where liquid water is possible.

Venus has always been an interesting planet. We can't land anything on the surface, and it's not a gas giant. It's simply temperature would melt any metal we try to land there. Due to the Greenhouse runaway there, the surface of Venus is hotter than the surface of Mercury. So closeness to the sun does not always determine surface temperature.

The solar system, nicely depicted, has little to do with earthly climate change, except for the whole solar temp thing that is ignored in all the climate models.

But that is not relevant. You suggest a 96% CO2 atmosphere, and I asked for references. I wasn't clear. I meant on Earth, not Venus.

Where do you get this "scientific number" would be another way to phrase my request for greater information. For the Earth. TIA.

1. All net taxes are borne by end user. Corporations simply pass along taxes, unless they can offshore and then not pay tax.

2. Better efficiency, less pollution has nothing to do with global fearmongering/warming bullshit, and everything to with simple common sense and profitability.

I hear you confluence, and the carbon tax is actually treated as a commodity inter-corporately, like trading stocks. Corporations can stockpile and trade carbon credits, to either offset their carbon output, or to make a profit by selling to other more pollutive companies with the need to offset their carbon emissions. The net result is still pollution, but from specific companies, and a lot of WBS profit.

The solar system, nicely depicted, has little to do with earthly climate change, except for the whole solar temp thing that is ignored in all the climate models.

But that is not relevant. You suggest a 96% CO2 atmosphere, and I asked for references. I wasn't clear. I meant on Earth, not Venus.

Where do you get this "scientific number" would be another way to phrase my request for greater information. For the Earth. TIA.

I was making a lighthearted statement about how well greenhouse gas feedback worked for Venus. Not a political statement, like you're used to. I could give 2 ***** about politics.

Let me get this straight. You believe that the mechanisms of Venus' climate is "proved science"? Did I get that right?

There is no such thing as "settled science" - a dozen years ago it was "settled" that Pluto was a planet......oops

Entire Solar System Is Heating Up! Scientists Blame Solar Warming

Nothing is stable, including the solar system. New evidence suggests the solar system is moving into a new energy zone which is altering the magnetic fields of the planets.

There is reason to believe Earth is not the only planet in the solar system undergoing climate change, meaning CO2 emissions are not the primary force responsible for the rise in global temperatures. Growth of the dark spots in Pluto, reports of auroras on Saturn, polar shifts in Uranus and changes in light intensity of Neptune suggests something very strange is happening in the solar system.

http://www.space.news/2015-10-06-en...eating-up-scientists-blame-solar-warming.html

Come on Spike, you know the space stats. I love your space posts!

you are right about Venus - Runaway volcanism, the lack of crustal plate tectonics were the primary culprits to heating up Venus, + the sun's charged particles stripped water molecules from it's atmosphere because Venus has no magnetosphere . So to say CO2 is the reason is completely simplistic

Where Venus' Water Went

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zcGFjZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzAwMy85OTkvb3JpZ2luYWwvMDgxMjMxLXZlbnVzLXNvbGFyLXdpbmQtMDIuanBn

http://www.space.com/6273-venus-water.html

There is no such thing as "settled science" - a dozen years ago it was "settled" that Pluto was a planet......oops

Nothing is stable, including the solar system. New evidence suggests the solar system is moving into a new energy zone which is altering the magnetic fields of the planets.

There is reason to believe Earth is not the only planet in the solar system undergoing climate change, meaning CO2 emissions are not the primary force responsible for the rise in global temperatures. Growth of the dark spots in Pluto, reports of auroras on Saturn, polar shifts in Uranus and changes in light intensity of Neptune suggests something very strange is happening in the solar system.

http://www.space.news/2015-10-06-en...eating-up-scientists-blame-solar-warming.html
Great point. Anyone who claims "settled science" cannot claim to be scientific. I am sure that if someone had access to Lexus Nexus and did a search on "settled science", it would cluster around global warming.

I'm sure some will blame this on mankind somehow....

40 Years ago they told us we were heading for an ice age. Do I have to post the video...again? From 1978:

Bullshit...same ol regurgitated talking points over and over from the Trumptards.

GlobalCooling.JPG

https://skepticalscience.com/ice-age-predictions-in-1970s-basic.htm

In the thirty years leading up to the 1970s, available temperature recordings suggested that there was a cooling trend. As a result some scientists suggested that the current inter-glacial period could rapidly draw to a close, which might result in the Earth plunging into a new ice age over the next few centuries. This idea could have been reinforced by the knowledge that the smog that climatologists call ‘aerosols’ – emitted by human activities into the atmosphere – also caused cooling. In fact, as temperature recording has improved in coverage, it’s become apparent that the cooling trend was most pronounced in northern land areas and that global temperature trends were in fact relatively steady during the period prior to 1970.

At the same time as some scientists were suggesting we might be facing another ice age, a greater number published contradicting studies. Their papers showed that the growing amount of greenhouse gasses that humans were putting into the atmosphere would cause much greater warming – warming that would exert a much greater influence on global temperature than any possible natural or human-caused cooling effects.

By 1980 the predictions about ice ages had ceased, due to the overwhelming evidence contained in an increasing number of reports that warned of global warming. Unfortunately, the small number of predictions of an ice age appeared to be much more interesting than those of global warming, so it was those sensational 'Ice Age' stories in the press that so many people tend to remember.

Annnndddd we are done here as well.......

All of this Heartland/ Marc Morano nonsense has been debunked long ago, but the Republitards are just beyond being able to admit the truth.

Bullshit...same ol regurgitated talking points over and over from the Trumptards.

Same ole' selective sourcing from Elftard.

http://www.climatedepot.com/2016/09...l-robust-global-cooling-scientific-consensus/

‘83% Consensus’?! 285 Papers From 1960s-’80s Reveal Robust Global Cooling Scientific ‘Consensus’

"If we were to employ the hopelessly flawed methodology of divining the relative degree of scientific “consensus” by counting the number of papers that agree with one position or another (just as blogger John Cook and colleagues did with their 2013 paper “Quantifying the Consensus…” that yielded a predetermined result of 97% via categorical manipulation), the 220 “cooling” papers published between 1965-’79 could represent an 83.3% global cooling consensus for the era (220/264 papers), versus only a 16.7% consensus for anthropogenic global warming (44/264 papers)."

- In the 1970’s scientists were predicting a new ice age, and had 60 theories to explain it.: Ukiah Daily Journal 0 November 20, 1974 - "The cooling trend heralds the start of another ice age, of a duration that could last from 200 years to several millenia...Sixty theories have been advanced, he said, to explain the global cooling period."

Cooling_1.jpg

Beginning in 2003, software engineer William Connolley quietly removed the highly inconvenient references to the global cooling scare of the 1970s from Wikipedia, the world’s most influential and accessed informational source.

It had to be done. Too many skeptics were (correctly) pointing out that the scientific “consensus” during the 1960s and 1970s was that the Earth had been cooling for decades, and that nascent theorizing regarding the potential for a CO2-induced global warming were still questionable and uncertain.

Not only did Connolley — a co-founder (along with Michael Mann and Gavin Schmidt) of the realclimate.com blog — successfully remove (or rewrite) the history of the 1970s global cooling scare from the Wikipedia record, he also erased (or rewrote) references to the Medieval Warm Period and Little Ice Age so as to help create the impression that the paleoclimate is shaped like Mann’s hockey stick graph, with unprecedented and dangerous 20th/21st century warmth.

A 2009 investigative report from UK’s Telegraph detailed the extent of dictatorial-like powers Connolley possessed at Wikipedia, allowing him to remove inconvenient scientific information that didn’t conform to his point of view.

“All told, Connolley created or rewrote 5,428 unique Wikipedia articles. His control over Wikipedia was greater still, however, through the role he obtained at Wikipedia as a website administrator, which allowed him to act with virtual impunity. When Connolley didn’t like the subject of a certain article, he removed it — more than 500 articles of various descriptions disappeared at his hand. When he disapproved of the arguments that others were making, he often had them barred — over 2,000 Wikipedia contributors who ran afoul of him found themselves blocked from making further contributions. Acolytes whose writing conformed to Connolley’s global warming views, in contrast, were rewarded with Wikipedia’s blessings. In these ways, Connolley turned Wikipedia into the missionary wing of the global warming movement.“

After eviscerating references to 1970s global cooling scare and the warmer-than-now Medieval Warm Period from Wikipedia, and after personally rewriting the Wikipedia commentaries on the greenhouse effect to impute a central, dominant role for CO2, Connolley went on to team up with two other authors to publish a “consensus” manifesto in 2008 that claimed to exp”ose the 1970s global cooling scare as a myth, as something that never really happened.

Peterson, Connolley, and Fleck (2008, hereafter PCF08) published “The Myth of the 1970s Global Cooling Scientific Consensus” in Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, hoping to quash once and for all the perception that there were scientists in the 1960s and 1970s who agreed the Earth was cooling (and may continue to do so), or that CO2 did not play a dominant role in climate change.

As will be shown here, the claim that there were only 7 publications from that era disagreeing with the presupposed CO2-warming “consensus” is preposterous. Because when including the papers from the 1960s and 1970s that indicated the globe had cooled (by -0.3° C between the 1940s and ’70s), that this cooling was concerning (leading to extreme weather, drought, depressed crop yields, etc.), and/or that CO2’s climate influence was questionable to negligible, a conservative estimate for the number of scientific publications that did not agree with the alleged CO2-warming “consensus” was 220 papers for the 1965-’79 period, not 7. If including papers published between 1960 and 1989, the “non-consensus” or “cooling” papers reaches 285.

Again, these estimates should be viewed as conservative. There are likely many dozen more scientific papers from the 1960s-’70s cooling scare era that would probably fall into the category of a “cooling” paper, but have not yet been made available to view in full online.

In reviewing the available scientific literature from the 1960s-’80s, it is plainly evident that there was a great deal of concern about the ongoing global cooling, which had amounted to -0.5°C in the Northern Hemisphere and -0.3°C globally between the 1940s and 1970s.

Of course, this inconvenient global-scale cooling of -0.3°C between the 1940s and 1970s has necessarily been almost completely removed from the instrumental record by NASA (GISS) and the MetOffice (HadCRUT). After all, the observations (of cooling) conflicted with climate modeling. Overseers of the surface temperature datasets (such as the MetOffice’s Phil Jones or NASA’s Gavin Schmidt) have recently adjusted the -0.3°C of cooling down to just hundredths of a degree of cooling. NASA GISS, for example, has reduced (via “adjustments”) the global cooling down to about -0.01°C between the 1940s and 1970s, as shown below. It is likely that, during the next few years of adjustments to past data, the mid-20th century global cooling period will disappear altogether and mutate into a warming period.

For those who actually experienced the non-mythological cooling scare during the 1960s and 1970s (that has since been made to disappear from graphs), the consequences of the -0.5° Northern Hemispheric cooling (especially) were frequently discussed in scientific publications. There were geoengineering strategies proposed by scientists to melt Arctic sea ice. Droughts and floods and extreme weather anomalies/variability were blamed on the ongoing global cooling. Glaciers were advancing, even surging at accelerated rates during this period. Sea ice growth and severe Arctic cooling meant that the oceans were much less navigable. Crop growth and food production slowed as the Earth cooled, which was of great concern to world governments. Severe winters in the 1960s and 1970s led many climatologists to assume that the Earth was returning to an 1800s-like Little Ice Age climate. Observations of mammals migrating to warmer climates during the 1960s and 1970s due to the colder temperatures were reported in scientific papers.

Synonyms for the 1960s-’70s climate cooling conditions commonly used in the literature were words such as deterioration, recession, detrimental, and severe. In contrast, warming periods such as during the warmer Medieval times or the warm-up during the first half of the 20th century were referred to positively, or as optimum (i.e., the Medieval Warm Period was referred to as the “Little Optimum”).

According to Stewart and Glantz (1985), in the early 1970s it was the “prevailing view” among scientists that the Earth was headed into another ice age. It wasn’t until the late ’70s that scientists changed their minds and the “prevailing view” began shifting to warming. This is in direct contradiction to the claims of PCF08, who allege warming was the prevailing view among scientists in the 1960s and early 1970s too. Furthermore, as recently as 1985, it was still acknowledged that “the causes of global climate change remain in dispute.”

------------------------------------------

As said, we are done.

http://www.climatedepot.com/2016/09...l-robust-global-cooling-scientific-consensus/

‘83% Consensus’?! 285 Papers From 1960s-’80s Reveal Robust Global Cooling Scientific ‘Consensus’

"If we were to employ the hopelessly flawed methodology of divining the relative degree of scientific “consensus” by counting the number of papers that agree with one position or another (just as blogger John Cook and colleagues did with their 2013 paper “Quantifying the Consensus…” that yielded a predetermined result of 97% via categorical manipulation), the 220 “cooling” papers published between 1965-’79 could represent an 83.3% global cooling consensus for the era (220/264 papers), versus only a 16.7% consensus for anthropogenic global warming (44/264 papers)."

- In the 1970’s scientists were predicting a new ice age, and had 60 theories to explain it.: Ukiah Daily Journal 0 November 20, 1974 - "The cooling trend heralds the start of another ice age, of a duration that could last from 200 years to several millenia...Sixty theories have been advanced, he said, to explain the global cooling period."

Cooling_1.jpg

Beginning in 2003, software engineer William Connolley quietly removed the highly inconvenient references to the global cooling scare of the 1970s from Wikipedia, the world’s most influential and accessed informational source.

It had to be done. Too many skeptics were (correctly) pointing out that the scientific “consensus” during the 1960s and 1970s was that the Earth had been cooling for decades, and that nascent theorizing regarding the potential for a CO2-induced global warming were still questionable and uncertain.

Not only did Connolley — a co-founder (along with Michael Mann and Gavin Schmidt) of the realclimate.com blog — successfully remove (or rewrite) the history of the 1970s global cooling scare from the Wikipedia record, he also erased (or rewrote) references to the Medieval Warm Period and Little Ice Age so as to help create the impression that the paleoclimate is shaped like Mann’s hockey stick graph, with unprecedented and dangerous 20th/21st century warmth.

A 2009 investigative report from UK’s Telegraph detailed the extent of dictatorial-like powers Connolley possessed at Wikipedia, allowing him to remove inconvenient scientific information that didn’t conform to his point of view.

After eviscerating references to 1970s global cooling scare and the warmer-than-now Medieval Warm Period from Wikipedia, and after personally rewriting the Wikipedia commentaries on the greenhouse effect to impute a central, dominant role for CO2, Connolley went on to team up with two other authors to publish a “consensus” manifesto in 2008 that claimed to exp”ose the 1970s global cooling scare as a myth, as something that never really happened.

Peterson, Connolley, and Fleck (2008, hereafter PCF08) published “The Myth of the 1970s Global Cooling Scientific Consensus” in Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, hoping to quash once and for all the perception that there were scientists in the 1960s and 1970s who agreed the Earth was cooling (and may continue to do so), or that CO2 did not play a dominant role in climate change.

As will be shown here, the claim that there were only 7 publications from that era disagreeing with the presupposed CO2-warming “consensus” is preposterous. Because when including the papers from the 1960s and 1970s that indicated the globe had cooled (by -0.3° C between the 1940s and ’70s), that this cooling was concerning (leading to extreme weather, drought, depressed crop yields, etc.), and/or that CO2’s climate influence was questionable to negligible, a conservative estimate for the number of scientific publications that did not agree with the alleged CO2-warming “consensus” was 220 papers for the 1965-’79 period, not 7. If including papers published between 1960 and 1989, the “non-consensus” or “cooling” papers reaches 285.

Again, these estimates should be viewed as conservative. There are likely many dozen more scientific papers from the 1960s-’70s cooling scare era that would probably fall into the category of a “cooling” paper, but have not yet been made available to view in full online.

In reviewing the available scientific literature from the 1960s-’80s, it is plainly evident that there was a great deal of concern about the ongoing global cooling, which had amounted to -0.5°C in the Northern Hemisphere and -0.3°C globally between the 1940s and 1970s.

Of course, this inconvenient global-scale cooling of -0.3°C between the 1940s and 1970s has necessarily been almost completely removed from the instrumental record by NASA (GISS) and the MetOffice (HadCRUT). After all, the observations (of cooling) conflicted with climate modeling. Overseers of the surface temperature datasets (such as the MetOffice’s Phil Jones or NASA’s Gavin Schmidt) have recently adjusted the -0.3°C of cooling down to just hundredths of a degree of cooling. NASA GISS, for example, has reduced (via “adjustments”) the global cooling down to about -0.01°C between the 1940s and 1970s, as shown below. It is likely that, during the next few years of adjustments to past data, the mid-20th century global cooling period will disappear altogether and mutate into a warming period.

For those who actually experienced the non-mythological cooling scare during the 1960s and 1970s (that has since been made to disappear from graphs), the consequences of the -0.5° Northern Hemispheric cooling (especially) were frequently discussed in scientific publications. There were geoengineering strategies proposed by scientists to melt Arctic sea ice. Droughts and floods and extreme weather anomalies/variability were blamed on the ongoing global cooling. Glaciers were advancing, even surging at accelerated rates during this period. Sea ice growth and severe Arctic cooling meant that the oceans were much less navigable. Crop growth and food production slowed as the Earth cooled, which was of great concern to world governments. Severe winters in the 1960s and 1970s led many climatologists to assume that the Earth was returning to an 1800s-like Little Ice Age climate. Observations of mammals migrating to warmer climates during the 1960s and 1970s due to the colder temperatures were reported in scientific papers.

Synonyms for the 1960s-’70s climate cooling conditions commonly used in the literature were words such as deterioration, recession, detrimental, and severe. In contrast, warming periods such as during the warmer Medieval times or the warm-up during the first half of the 20th century were referred to positively, or as optimum (i.e., the Medieval Warm Period was referred to as the “Little Optimum”).

According to Stewart and Glantz (1985), in the early 1970s it was the “prevailing view” among scientists that the Earth was headed into another ice age. It wasn’t until the late ’70s that scientists changed their minds and the “prevailing view” began shifting to warming. This is in direct contradiction to the claims of PCF08, who allege warming was the prevailing view among scientists in the 1960s and early 1970s too. Furthermore, as recently as 1985, it was still acknowledged that “the causes of global climate change remain in dispute.”

As said, we are done.

"Selective sourcing" are you serious?

I mention Marc Morano and like a good little lemming you run to his site and quote a bunch of garbage about Michael Mann editing some Wiki entries???

I mean really...what are you 12? I doubt Mann has time or cares about Wiki entries on ice age predictions or Medieval warming entries since both those things are easily understood and both easily explained.

Yet you take it as gospel coming from Morano who is basically an Exxon employee.

https://www.desmogblog.com/marc-morano

Marc Morano

Credentials

B.A., Political Science, George Mason University. [1]
Background

Marc Morano is the executive director and chief correspondent of ClimateDepot.com, a project of the Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow (CFACT). Morano is also the Communications Director at CFACT, a conservative think-tank in Washington D.C. that has received funding from ExxonMobil, Chevron, as well as hundreds of thousands of dollars from foundations associated with Richard Mellon Scaife. According to 2011 IRS Forms (PDF), Morano was the highest paid staff member with a salary of $150,000 per year. Morano's blog Climate Depot regularly publishes articles questioning man-made global warming. [12], [13], [6], [37]

Although he has no scientific expertise in the area, Morano has become a prominent climate change denier. He has been called “the Matt Drudge of climate denial,” the “King of the skeptics,” and a “central cell of the climate-denial machine.” He was also listed as one of 17 top “climate killers” by Rolling Stone Magazine. He has accused climate scientists of “fear mongering,” and has claimed that proponents of man-made global warming are “funded to the tune of $50 billion.” [15], [16]

From 2006 to 2009, Morano was the communications director for Senator James Inhofe (R-Okla.), the minority chair of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee. Prior to the last election, Inhofe was the majority chair of the EPW committee. In the 2002 election cycle, Senator Inhofe received more in donations from the oil and gas sector than any other Senator. Sen. Inhofe is known for his infamous quote that the threat of catastrophic global warming is the “greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people,” and as his communications director, Mornano has spent his recent years propagating this message. [3]

According to Marc Morano's archived profile at the Heartland Institute, “Morano joined the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee as the majority Communications Director in June 2006 after a decade and a half as a working journalist, documentary maker, radio talk show host, and national television correspondent.” Apart from being a regular speaker at the Heartland Institute's International Conference on Climate Change, Morano is also listed on their website as a “global warming expert.” [2], [17]

Prior to working for Senator Inhofe, Morano was a journalist with Cybercast News Service, which is owned and operated by the Media Research Center (MRC). The MRC is supported in part by right-wing foundations and funding from industry, including over $200,000 from ExxonMobil. From 1992 to 1996, Morano also worked as a producer for the Rush Limbaugh Television Show and was known as “Limbaugh's man in Washington.” Morano often appears on Fox news to promote his ideas regarding climate change. [4]

Unbelievable........truly useful idiots.

Cooling_1.jpg

As said, we are done.

I remember sitting in the sciences classes and they scared the **** out of me.

Yet you take it as gospel coming from Morano who is basically an Exxon employee.

but Exxon agrees with global warming, don't they? It says so on their site, goddammmit.

ice age predictions or Medieval warming entries since both those things are easily understood and both easily explained.

COMPLETE and utter BULLSHIT!

NOBODY knows HOW or WHY ice ages started or stopped! - and we're STILL COMING OUT OF THE LAST ICE AGE, the warming has been going on for the last 12,000 years

There are plenty of "theories" which are nothing more than "best guesses" why ice ages come and go - unless you are 12,500 years old and witnessed it all happen

The biggest question of course is what is "normal temperature"?????? Who gets to set the thermostat and call it "normal"?

How does the fact that we are still in an ice age affect the climate change debate?

It seems that scientifically speaking we are still within an "Ice Age" but are in a warm period within the Ice Age called inter-glacial period. The definition of "not in an Ice Age" seems to be "no glaciers on earth".

By this definition, we are in an interglacial period—the Holocene—of the ice age. The ice age began 2.6 million years ago at the start of the Pleistocene epoch, because the Greenland, Arctic, and Antarctic ice sheets still exist.

About 33 million years ago (end of the Eocene epoch), Earth's climate shifted dramatically towards colder temperatures that generated Antarctic glaciation (unseen for 30+ million years previous). Since then, global temperatures have been up & down; but especially over the last 8 million years, we've seen increasingly colder temperatures on average, with 40,000- to 100,000-year-long cycles of intense glaciation (= continental ice sheets) coupled with "interglacial" period of less ice.

So if you take the Eocene as "normal", then we've been in an ice age for millions of years, and still are.

https://www.quora.com/How-does-the-...n-an-ice-age-affect-the-climate-change-debate

------------------------------

They still have NO CLUE why all the megafauna in North America died off either - just more theories

Megafauna Extinctions - What (or Who) Killed All the Big Mammals?

Massive Large Bodied Mammal Die Offs of the Pleistocene

https://www.thoughtco.com/megafauna-extinctions-what-killed-big-mammals-171791

"Selective sourcing" are you serious?

Absolutely dead serious because I lived in that day and age and the general consensus at the time is we were heading for an Ice Age. You want to try to convince the readers here that just a few whack jobs were predicting the ice age.

That is demonstrably false.

But keep attacking the source, the facts presented be damned.

Keep on being an AGW lemming too. It's utterly comical.

Oh, the gullible.

I love the scare tactic films of the 60s-80s. The upcoming ice age (which is cyclic), as well as warming periods happen over millennia. It shouldn't be observable in a lifetime, yet we are observing change now in decades. Seems like a unique case study to me.

I also remember a ton of Nostradamus shows about the end of the world, overpopulation reaching epic proportions by 2000 and killing all of our natural resources. They were great for feeding fear too. I wouldn't put too much faith in TV shows from that era garnering shock ratings.

I love the scare tactic films of the 60s-80s. The upcoming ice age (which is cyclic), as well as warming periods happen over millennia. It shouldn't be observable in a lifetime, yet we are observing change now in decades. Seems like a unique case study to me.

I also remember a ton of Nostradamus shows about the end of the world, overpopulation reaching epic proportions by 2000 and killing all of our natural resources. They were great for feeding fear too. I wouldn't put too much faith in TV shows from that era garnering shock ratings.
You seem to really like the scare tactics of the 2000s.

Well when you grow up during the cold war under constant threat of nuclear destruction, it's easy to be fearful.

Happily I was able to get past it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Steeler Nation mobile app

The Cold War was NOTHING compared to AGW/Global Warming/The Pending Ice Age. I lived through that **** too. This climate stuff though??? Run for your lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It kills 600,000 people a year already!!!!!!

lemmings-off-cliff.jpg

29286-1.jpg

Cartoon-IPCC-Lies.jpg

Last edited:

I remember that book, "Democrats are from Venus, Republicans from Mars"

Have to admit, I didn't know it was about global warming, and the Dems melting down.

Good read, for sure.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Steeler Nation mobile app