• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Scorched Earth Health Care

A good start would be to take steps to reduce the insane malpractice premiums that doctors and hospitals have to pay but since the lawyers groups own the Dems I don't think that will happen.

Absolutely. I've trained a few doctors in home and they show me some of the insane lawsuits they get constantly. Just frivolous nonsense too.

Absolutely. I've trained a few doctors in home and they show me some of the insane lawsuits they get constantly. Just frivolous nonsense too.

It was quite some time ago but when I worked in a large Pittsburgh hospital the average doctor paid more for malpractice insurance than I made in a year.

One of the major expenses in healthcare is the insurance bureaucracy. The massive amount of paperwork that needs to be generated at both the healthcare provider end, and the insurance end, is mind boggling. If we really want to cut costs, we need to eliminate this step. More and more I am starting to believe that we blow up the whole entitlement insurance model that we've built, and go back to a cash system. It increases competition and lowers rates, We should add an affordable catastrophic plan, so folks don't go bankrupt.. Everyone should be more accountable for his/her health, because bad health impacts their pocketbook. Win, win. And we have to get government away from our healthcare..

One of the major expenses in healthcare is the insurance bureaucracy. The massive amount of paperwork that needs to be generated at both the healthcare provider end, and the insurance end, is mind boggling. If we really want to cut costs, we need to eliminate this step. More and more I am starting to believe that we blow up the whole entitlement insurance model that we've built, and go back to a cash system. It increases competition and lowers rates, We should add an affordable catastrophic plan, so folks don't go bankrupt.. Everyone should be more accountable for his/her health, because bad health impacts their pocketbook. Win, win. And we have to get government away from our healthcare..

I couldn't agree more with this. Personal accountability. A good 50% of our mortality rate is from lifestyle choices alone. Better choices better health. As I've stated in the past it can leave plenty of money for the sick who had little involvement in their own demise.

I've said before that a few years ago when I didn't have insurance I had to get a CT scan of my head for a sinus problem that would not go away. Since I was paying out of my own pocket, I called around. Hospital was over $1200, one outpatient place was $800 as I recall, and another clinic was $230.

I've said before that a few years ago when I didn't have insurance I had to get a CT scan of my head for a sinus problem that would not go away. Since I was paying out of my own pocket, I called around. Hospital was over $1200, one outpatient place was $800 as I recall, and another clinic was $230.

I did that with my daughter and a MRI. I ended up paying 425 or so instead of 1100. I had an HSA and shopped around.