• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

SCOTUS Thread

Trump should appoint Bomma so the Left will dig into his **** and we'll get to the bottom of his student loan fiasco.

I don't under stand how only 110 Catholics going to church every week will help much.

But not the SAME church, so we are talking about almost 200 square miles here. That covers up to 1,000 people, unless it's Wyoming, then it covers djfan and another guy whose truck broke down.

Trump should appoint Bomma ..................

The Left would be like;

latest

I keep hearing so much about RGB’s last wish.
Ambassador Steven’s last wish was for someone to rescue him in Benghazi.
........................................................../Facebook meme

But not the SAME church, so we are talking about almost 200 square miles here. That covers up to 1,000 people, unless it's Wyoming, then it covers djfan and another guy whose truck broke down.

Damn straight. It was an Indian, so I fixed it for him and sent him on his way. Must have been going to dinner. Had a reservation or something.

Also, what arrows are really in the Houses' quiver? What is impeachment going to do?

Impeachment isn’t happening—it’s an uneducated “threat” made by AOC.

Even the Wicked Witch of the West Pelosi wouldn’t say it....she did imply it; but recognize a negotiation tactic when you see it.

They are truly threatening to use FDR failed tactic of staking the court.

But here are facts: Dems did this to themselves in 2013 when Harry Reid changed the requirement for the Senate to confirm from 60% to 50%: McConnell warned him they’d regret it. Now Trump has his 50% and Dems are losing it cuz they can’t stop it.

The Democrats strategy is to win the election through the courts & fraud. And this just put a huge steak in the heart of that plan

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

I keep hearing so much about RGB’s last wish.
Ambassador Steven’s last wish was for someone to rescue him in Benghazi.
........................................................../Facebook meme

Seth Rich's last wish was to live as well.

You know, I'm actually fairly confident Republicans can eventually get Stephen Breyer's seat as well.

He's 82 but pretty healthy so let's just ASSUME he lasts about 5 more years on the court.

That puts us into whoever wins the 2024 election. To me, it doesn't matter WHO wins this year, I think Republicans win in 2024. If Trump wins, I think all the good that will happen will lead to a new wave of conservative in his mold, without his faults, that will really appeal to America (especially as the left continues to go bat crazy and further left with TDS).

If Biden wins, he might not even LAST a term before he turns it over to Kamala Harris. And I just don't think America likes her enough to revote her into office. As long as the Republicans play it right come 2024 with the primary, I'm pretty confident we win in 2024.

That means Breyer's seat is up for grabs.

I don't under stand how only 110 Catholics going to church every week will help much.

Democrats will be zeroing in on Barrett's faith. The 110 million Catholics that go to church ever week are not going to like how they grill her and her faith. A good portion of voters who have not made up their minds, might swing to Trump. For these 110 million, faith matters.

Religion is viewed as hate speech by the left. This pick is perfect, let the Democrats attack a catholic woman.

Hey guys. I want yinz the first to hear it here. Amy Coney Barrett once took advantage of me at a frat party.

I heard ACB has children from men outside her marriage!!! :frown:

You know, I'm actually fairly confident Republicans can eventually get Stephen Breyer's seat as well.

He's 82 but pretty healthy so let's just ASSUME he lasts about 5 more years on the court.

That puts us into whoever wins the 2024 election. To me, it doesn't matter WHO wins this year, I think Republicans win in 2024. If Trump wins, I think all the good that will happen will lead to a new wave of conservative in his mold, without his faults, that will really appeal to America (especially as the left continues to go bat crazy and further left with TDS).

If Biden wins, he might not even LAST a term before he turns it over to Kamala Harris. And I just don't think America likes her enough to revote her into office. As long as the Republicans play it right come 2024 with the primary, I'm pretty confident we win in 2024.

That means Breyer's seat is up for grabs.

If Biden wins he will step down by Valentine's Day. Breyer should look at this and retire well before the next election day.

the left disagrees with ACB being appointed because they disagree with ACB being appointed. Fine journalism on display. Maybe the journalist simply forgot to get specific examples of what makes these people disagree with ACB being appointed other than they disagree with ACB being appointed.

https://www.wmcactionnews5.com/2020...e-supreme-court-nomination-amy-coney-barrett/

Rhodes College alumni start Facebook group to oppose Supreme Court nomination of Amy Coney Barrett

By Chris Luther | September 26, 2020 at 9:51 PM CDT - Updated September 28 at 7:01 AM
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC) - Some graduates of Rhodes College disagree with Amy Coney Barrett’s nomination to the Supreme Court and have started a fast-growing Facebook group in opposition.

The Facebook group is named “Rhodes Alumni Against ACB’s nomination.”

The group founders say, in their view, Barrett’s legal opinions go against the school’s values and hundreds of other alumni have agreed.

Rhodes College alumni Rob Marus and Katherine Morgan Breslin say they believe the legal opinions expressed by Supreme Court nominee and Rhodes College graduate Amy Coney Barrett, such as opposition to the Affordable Care Act and abortion, would be dangerous in a conservative majority on the Supreme Court.

“Why I wanted to use my voice is to speak up for the younger women as well, who may be really scared and may not know how this is going to affect their future,” Katherine Morgan Breslin Esq., Rhodes College Alumni Class of 1998 said.

“Her public record really jeopardizes a lot of people that Rhodes taught us to care for and to serve,” Rob Marus, Rhodes Alumni Class of 1997 said.

Marus and Breslin believe a letter from Rhodes President Marjorie Hass sent to alumni, faculty and students this week was too supportive of Judge Barrett, who they believe has marginalized at-risk groups in her judicial rulings, such as the LGBTQ and immigrant communities.

They’ve written their own letter addressed to President Hass, describing how they believe Barrett has violated the three core principles of Rhodes College which are Truth, Loyalty and Service.

“There really needed to be a strong statement from the Rhodes community, particularly from alumni who stand with them in solidarity,” Marus said. “Some of us are from vulnerable communities, I myself am gay, and say these are not the values that we learned at Rhodes.”

“There’s a lot of concern for those in marginalized communities or vulnerable communities,” Breslin said.,

More than 1,000 alumni have commented on the letter on Facebook, adding their names to be signed in agreement.

“People feel deeply about it including people who are literally friends with her, good friends with her, former roommates,” Marus said.

Saturday afternoon, President Haas issued a statement in support of Barrett’s nomination.

That statement reads:

"At Rhodes College, we set our graduates on a path to professional success at the highest levels. Judge Amy Coney Barrett ’94 is part of that legacy as she is nominated to the Supreme Court. The college has a long history of connections to the highest court in the land. Alumnus Abe Fortas ’30 was a Supreme Court justice, Rhodes graduates have clerked for justices and serve as federal judges, and Rhodes has recently hosted both the late Justice Antonin Scalia and Justice Stephen Breyer on our campus. Our mock trial team is ranked at the top of national lists.

"In a recent letter to our students and alumni, I emphasized that our long connection to the Court and the significance of this moment gives members of the Rhodes community a particular responsibility to rise to the great challenges of our time with courage and integrity.

“A Rhodes education embodies the values of critical thought, reasoned debate, the development of personal values, and the ability to engage across differences. Rhodes produces graduates in many fields who fall across a wide range of the political spectrum. As an institution devoted to excellence in the liberal arts and sciences, we are fundamentally committed to diversity, inclusion, and respect for the dignity and value of all persons. Rhodes stands in support of the rights of our students through advocacy, supportive policies, and the assertion of institutional values.”

“Her confirmation to the court will tilt the court across the board in a more conservative direction,” Mike Nelson, WMC Action News 5 Political Analyst said.

Views of Barrett’s judicial opinions aside, Mike Nelson, WMC Action News 5′s Political Analyst and Rhodes professor, says Barrett’s appointment is a tremendous accolade for Rhodes College. If Barrett is confirmed, she would be the 2nd Rhodes Alumni to be a Supreme Court Justice, after Abe Fortas who served in the 60s.

“There is no other small college in the small and few if any in the country that have produced two Supreme Court justices,” Nelson said.

Nelson says Republicans in the Senate appear to have the votes necessary to confirm Barrett easily and quickly.

The alumni group opposing Barrett’s nomination say they want the Rhodes President to make a statement saying she supports Rhodes Alumni and students who are marginalized members of American society.

Copyright 2020 WMC. All rights reserved.

She has 7 kids.(that she knows about) tramp

She has 7 kids.(that she knows about) tramp
insert Planned Parenthood joke here

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk