• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Season Prediction Thread

6-11

Mikey Sunglasses is not a good enough coach to overcome not having a HOF QB under center.

Well it’s time for me to put up or shut up. Coolie,hopefully you’ll throw this thread up at the end of the season.

While I obviously hope my prediction is way off I believe we go 8-9. This upcoming season,for me,is probably the most uncertain in a long,long time. I don’t believe in either QB. Yes,they will make plays and show flashes. But not enough. I worry about defense’s loading the box and stopping our run game,forcing the passing game. Which in turn will break down our pass protection. With our QB getting sacked multiple times.

Our OLine will be good. But might take them a year. Can our Defense be special? They will have to be. My worry is that when they play top offense teams they have folded. Let’s hope Fitz has a huge year. Let’s see him back in his more successful role of the past. To me he has regressed the past couple of seasons,let’s hope my favorite FA signing of many seasons,Patrick Queen can right the ship and let Fitz play the role he was meant to play. I am hoping TJ has a monster year. I think he took not winning Defensive player of the Year very personally. Motivation.

Najee and Warren will have to have great years and consistently beat stacked boxes. Russ will have to have success in the air so that opposition D will lay off the stacked boxes. Both of these will come down to our OLine play. Are they ready? This will be the key to any success. Will our TE’s be made to help blocking more than route running as been the case for several years?

I still think we’re not ready to make a serious challenge. Some building blocks are in place. Time will tell. Russ Wilson/Justin Fields…..make me eat my words.

12-5 we make the AFCC. Najee has an All-Pro season and demands a huge payday next year as team MVP.
Man would I love to see this. But I fear a 5-12 season is in our future, the bright side is we will be getting Ben's replacement in seven months..