• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

See, Omar believes there has to be a far-reaching "conspiracy"...

and their cheating (probably PI) didn’t make Ben force a stupid throw.

The throw was there and it would have been a TD if Rogers wasn't held. But don't let that slow you down...

I won't argue that it would have been better all around for Roethlisberger to do what he intended originally and simply clocked it. A whole slew of dumb decisions jumped in at that point. But don't for a moment pretend that throw to Rogers wasn't there. Watch the replay. If he isn't being pulled down and back, he's got that ball uncontested. Being Rogers, he MAY have dropped it. That's true, but the throw was dead on the money. Sorry dude.

the same reason any other habitual cheater keeps going

for self gain self profit

was that minor slap on the wrist supposed to sway billacheat into playing it straight?

the illegal formations
head set out
reports of playbook thefts
deflated footballs
Al Riveron

says different

thanks for playing

more overturned game deciding wins than any other team
more penalty changing first downs than any other team

if it was a snake it would have bitten you on the ***

I didn't explain myself well.

Why would the NFL "keep going?"

I didn't explain myself well.

Why would the NFL "keep going?"

money

money

money

as far as stopping them?

nobody is telling on them, and the cheats have figured out ways not to get caught

Roger wants to sweep away problems not investigate them.

And if you think about it. Only Billacheat and Al Riveron need to know all the things going .

None of the players etc, need to know.

They can blow off fans comments as they are just jealous of their winning ways.

Seems to have been working out well for them to a certain degree.

Last edited:
They weren’t cheating when we let Gronkowski practically sprint all the way down the field.
That was bad coaching combined with bad defense.
and...
They weren’t cheating when we came out of the review completely unprepared...
That was bad coaching...

For the record, I do want to point out that I think the entire stupid go to the ground rule is pretty ******* dumb and ultimately it does little more than give DBs a clean opportunity to try to kill receivers as they come down with the ball. It's a dangerous, stupid rule.

I think Brandin Cooks TD SHOULD have been a TD. I also think James TD SHOULD have been a TD. I understand why they called James the way they did. My issue is ,the EXACT same guy who called Cooks catch "good" called James catch "bad". And Cooks muffed his MUCH more than James did. From the reverse angle you can clearly see he doesn't have a grip on the ball as he's going down and he traps it against the ground. But Riveron called it a catch. Fair enough. James catch, admittedly, you see the ball twist. And it does seem as though the ball my touch the ground, but at the same time you can see his right hand under it. The backside View CLEARLY shows his entire hand under the ball. And given the speed with which James popped up, there was precious little time for the ball to be "uncontrolled" on the ground. Thus Riveron was inconsistent with his rulings. THAT is my issue.

If he calls it the same way in both plays, I'm good. No big deal. I said I wasn't going to die on the James TD hill. (Course then I saw the back angle shot of James' hand under the ball and that pissed me off.) But by then it was over and done. What DID irritate the **** out of me was the blatant holding on the interception play that wasn't called. And yes, I get that referees don't like to call that at the end of games, but when it's that blatant and on that important a game, they'd better have a damn good reason for swallowing their whistle.

The fascinating thing is Riveron simply can't help himself. He HAD to do it again last week. He just HAD to overturn Kelvin Benjamin's TD even though he had to dig and dig for "conclusive" evidence. Ironically, his standards for conclusive evidence for the P*ts catches is far less stringent than it is for other teams. I am simply asking that Unca Al be consistent. And he demonstrates over and over and over that he cannot do this in regard to the P*triot games.

money

money

money

as far as stopping them?

nobody is telling on them, and the cheats have figured out ways not to get caught

Rodger wants to sweep away problems not investigate them.

And if you think about it. Only Billacheat and Al Riveron need to know all the things going .

Non of the players etc, need to know.

They can blow off fans comments as they are just jealous of their winning ways.

Seems to have been working out well for them to a certain degree.

You think any of the other 31 owners have a few people who know about football and would have some questions that couldn't be answered by Goodell and Al? What would happen then?

There seems to be a pattern with conspiracy believers where proportionality bias seems to always be the main element. In this case it's Roger Goodell.

Look at both sides then think about the cost to Goodell or the other 31 owners,coaches, players, and you'll see that there is always two sides, and one side isn't going to sit idly by while the other takes everything for itself.

Without AB.........

Steelers are 2-11 vs. Br*dy since 2001 and have never beaten him in Foxboro. Pretty much doesn't matter who we have or don't have.

You think any of the other 31 owners have a few people who know about football and would have some questions that couldn't be answered by Goodell and Al? What would happen then?

There seems to be a pattern with conspiracy believers where proportionality bias seems to always be the main element. In this case it's Roger Goodell.

Look at both sides then think about the cost to Goodell or the other 31 owners,coaches, players, and you'll see that there is always two sides, and one side isn't going to sit idly by while the other takes everything for itself.

Owners are getting their money, besides what are they going to say without proof?

And you see how the media is scared about talking about the past cheating?

I am sure just about every avenue has been warned about tarnishing the shield without proof.

So you think a team that has won more game overturning decisions than any other team, won more 1st down decisions than any other team, to go along with winning streaks (never a down year) and past statistics (fumbling, etc) that show they are way out of the bracket of normal in some categories, is all due to a genius huh?

same team caught cheating multiple times, can't be still cheating huh?

man whatever you are taking ship me a box of it please

Steelers are 2-11 vs. Br*dy since 2001 and have never beaten him in Foxboro. Pretty much doesn't matter who we have or don't have.

so how did they get those 2 wins?

ohhhh right, right, they had to make sure that the game was called more evenly (or heck, maybe even in pittsburgh's favor!) so as to throw the clever ones off the trail. right.

ohhhh right, right, they had to make sure that the game was called more evenly (or heck, maybe even in pittsburgh's favor!) so as to throw the clever ones off the trail. right.

so if billacheat was given a lie detector test about playing by the rules now, what would be the results?

I think we did, that's just as good as we can do against them.

No, they didn't. We got a holding penalty on the first play. It's first and twenty. They ran the ball with a dude who never touches the football on first down. THAT, is pussified football when you've walked up and down the field all day. When they punted my only hope was they would score quick and leave us time. I had no doubt in my mind we would be behind once they conceded to punt. All game long until that it was balls out, and like normal for this team against them they flinched when it matters most. Unlike most I don't think they're all that good this year. IF we get another chance we will beat them if all of our starters are on the field.

That doesn't matter, the U.S. had never lost a war till Vietnam........the Pats are going to get their Vietnam if we meet up again.

Seriously Burgundy, they can be beaten. THIS Steeler team WILL beat them. As great as Bellichick/Brady are the Steelers are a far better team.

Now if our coaching completely ***** the bed that is another story, I don't see it happening though because surely Tomlin has learned by now what you have to do to them early.

No, they didn't. We got a holding penalty on the first play. It's first and twenty. They ran the ball with a dude who never touches the football on first down. THAT, is pussified football when you've walked up and down the field all day. When they punted my only hope was they would score quick and leave us time. I had no doubt in my mind we would be behind once they conceded to punt. All game long until that it was balls out, and like normal for this team against them they flinched when it matters most. Unlike most I don't think they're all that good this year. IF we get another chance we will beat them if all of our starters are on the field.

please tie Uncah Al up in the basement just in case

sincerely,

Steelernation

(most of them)

They don’t beat us because they cheat. They weren’t cheating when we let Gronkowski practically sprint all the way down the field.

no no, charles. ya gotta look..*looks over shoulder to make sure no ones taking notice of conversation, leans in*...ya gotta look at the big picture *speaks quietly, almost a whisper* for you see, years ago, before sean davis ever even entertained the idea of going to maryland, the NFL already had a plan for him. oh yes, it's true! different theorists have different numbers, but there are those who say that the NFL went to the U. of Maryland when sean davis was as young as 14 yrs old, to offer the school AD a big-time payout to make sure that, no matter who their coach was *looks over shoulder again*...no matter who their coaches were, that davis WOULD BEEEE recruited to go play there. yes, you heard me right, YEARS IN ADVANCE! the NFL couldn't risk the steelers getting another polamalu-type of talent to possibly inhibit the successes of the patriots, so they had to make SURE that there was a player that would be easily beatable on the field, one-on-one in late-game situational football; during davis' freshman season at UM, the NFL sent a man in a trench coat to strike up a conversation with kevin colbert one morning, as he was having his saturday morning regular order at the local waffle house. this mysterious figure impressed upon colbert the intangibles of sean davis, and how great he would fit what the steelers would eventually try and do under a defense coached NOT by the great dick lebeau, but eventually by his understudy, kevin butler, this after lebeau refused to be a part of the conspiracy to ensure their demise in big games!....you see, there's a visceral HATE for the steelers in the league office, they can't stand the people of pittsburgh, they can't stand those who root for the steelers, they'll do anything, ANYTHING, to ensure their demise *takes pained hit off cigarette, exhales smoke*....if anyone asks, no one ever told you anything, play coy at every turn, avoid conversations with ANYONE who tries to strike up small talk out of the blue, becuase they're *looks around again* ....they're everywhere....i've already said too much *slinks into the shadows*

8a8.gif

so if billacheat was given a lie detector test about playing by the rules now, what would be the results?

well, given that he pretty much shows absolutely no emotion and is about as cold a character as you can drum up, i'd say he'd probably pass whatever questions they'd ask.

well, given that he pretty much shows absolutely no emotion and is about as cold a character as you can drum up, i'd say he'd probably pass whatever questions they'd ask.

oh he could cheat his way around the results i never thought of that !

I don't remember the first one, the second win in 2011 we played man and got good pressure on Br*dy and got him off his game. The very next time we played them in 2013 LeBeau went back to his old playbook, no sense doing what worked, that's just what they'll be expecting, and the Pats***** hung 55 on us, the most points ever scored against the Steelers.

That doesn't matter, the U.S. had never lost a war till Vietnam........the Pats are going to get their Vietnam if we meet up again.
Nope, the Pats***** almost never lose at home, especially to the Steelers.

Seriously Burgundy, they can be beaten. THIS Steeler team WILL beat them. As great as Bellichick/Brady are the Steelers are a far better team.
We're a better team but they're a smarter team. Cheating aside, they are a well-coached team that is up on their details and rarely makes mistakes. The Steelers are an iffy coached team, less than adequate on details, and habitually make a lot of mistakes.

Now if our coaching completely ***** the bed that is another story, I don't see it happening though because surely Tomlin has learned by now what you have to do to them early.
Tomlin has had ten years to figure it out and like Cowher before him, if he doesn't have an answer by now he never will.

Besides, as we see, even if we keep it close the refs will find a way to give it to the Pats*****. If we play them in Foxboro we'll get beat by a lot more than three points on a last second call. It won't be close.

Bottom line! When the games have to be decided by the suits in NY then it’s no longer is a pure game but turns into entertainment.
More and more fans are moving away from the NFL with the game becoming more diluted with foolish rule changes, games being decided by people overturning the original calls, disrespecting the anthem, players showing more and more disrespect to coaches. The list keeps growing.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Wig needs to get together with this guy.......

I love how he reads the rule, then proceeds to try to make a case from his misunderstanding of the rule.......you can't make it up.

That's a great video pointing out what is wrong with the catch rule, namely, you can interpret it any way you want and it is not consistently applied other than that it always seems to favor the Pats. That seems to be the only constant with these interpretations.

It's kind of the like the old Soviet Union, there were so many laws on the books that anyone, at anytime, could be guilty of a crime. The rules are so plentiful, and of course vague, that any interpretation can be made on extended pass plays. This is insane. The NFL is WWE. I always thought those predictions were overblown.