• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Senate Dems plan all-night protest over Trump's EPA pick

Spike

Reaction score
Lock the bathroom doors.

Senate Democrats are planning an all-night talkathon Thursday over President Trump's pick to lead the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).

Asked whether Democrats are planning to hold the floor all night, a spokeswoman for Sen. Tom Carper (Del.) — the top Democrat on the Environment and Public Works Committee — confirmed that "that's the plan."

The late-night floor drama comes after senators voted to move forward with Scott Pruitt's nomination earlier Thursday in a 54-46 vote.

Democrats don't have the manpower to block Pruitt on their own. Cabinet nominees only need a simple majority, and Republicans have 52 seats.

Though Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) is expected to vote against Pruitt, Democratic Sens. Joe Manchin (W.Va.) and Heidi Heitkamp (N.D.) are supporting him.

A final vote, absent a deal, is expected early Friday afternoon.

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-en...s-plan-all-night-protest-over-trumps-epa-pick

---------------------------

All the sit-ins, marches, drum circles, demonstrations, riots, mean nothing.

YOU LOST Get over it!

Too much damn protests already. Give all the dems a snickers bar

giphy.gif

Last edited:
A drift of dumbass snowflakes who should be pumping ******* gas at a full service station.

All the people who give a **** about the Dems' protests, and whining, and sleepovers:

sale-house-vodno-skopje-seven-rooms-350m2-furnished-empty-macedonia.jpg

Democrats are too ******* stupid to realize that nobody gives a **** about their crying jags.

Lock the bathroom doors.

Senate Democrats are planning an all-night talkathon Thursday over President Trump's pick to lead the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).

Asked whether Democrats are planning to hold the floor all night, a spokeswoman for Sen. Tom Carper (Del.) — the top Democrat on the Environment and Public Works Committee — confirmed that "that's the plan."

The late-night floor drama comes after senators voted to move forward with Scott Pruitt's nomination earlier Thursday in a 54-46 vote.

Democrats don't have the manpower to block Pruitt on their own. Cabinet nominees only need a simple majority, and Republicans have 52 seats.

Though Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) is expected to vote against Pruitt, Democratic Sens. Joe Manchin (W.Va.) and Heidi Heitkamp (N.D.) are supporting him.

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-en...s-plan-all-night-protest-over-trumps-epa-pick

YOU LOST Get over it!

So, they are doing this again, because it worked so well the last time they did it.

It is called the Environmental PROTECTION Agency... not the we-don't-give-a-****-about-the-environment Agency.... Remember it was created under Nixon.... not exactly a tree hugging liberal. I believe it was a response to the Cuyahoga River CATCHING ON FIRE!!! Personally, I like that our government thinks it's important that our rivers aren't flammable.... but that's me. Others may feel differently.

Lock the bathroom doors.

YOU LOST Get over it!

It is called the Environmental PROTECTION Agency... not the we-don't-give-a-****-about-the-environment Agency.... Remember it was created under Nixon.... not exactly a tree hugging liberal. I believe it was a response to the Cuyahoga River CATCHING ON FIRE!!! Personally, I like that our government thinks it's important that our rivers aren't flammable.... but that's me. Others may feel differently.

Ooops.

Protesting has become so automatic with obstructionist libtards you completely forgot to state the reason why you're protesting Pruitt.

That's right, the EPA was created under Nixon. Something you probably learned here because I once brought it up.

Last edited:
So, they are doing this again, because it worked so well the last time they did it.

Whine, Wail, Screech, Scream, Alert!

Steven Mnuchin Is Confirmed as Treasury Secretary

14CONFIRM-1487039516770-master768.jpg

WASHINGTON — The Senate confirmed Steven T. Mnuchin, a former Goldman Sachs banker and Hollywood film financier, to be secretary of the Treasury Department on Monday, putting in place a key lieutenant to President Trump who will help drive the administration’s plans to overhaul the tax code, renegotiate trade deals and remake financial regulations.

By a vote of 53 to 47, the Senate confirmed Mr. Mnuchin

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/13/us/politics/steven-mnuchin-confirmed-treasury-secretary.html?_r=1

It has gotta be about time for a new hashtag or something. I mean really show 'em you mean business.

I doubt you find anyone who wants plastic **** all over the place or rivers catching on fire. However, this is, yet another, government agency that might have started with good intentions but has, shockingly, grown into more than it should be and, just as unsurprising, a political tool.

A false dichotomy or false dilemma occurs when an argument presents two options and ignores, either purposefully or out of ignorance, other alternatives.

BAM

Senate confirms Scott Pruitt as EPA administrator

The Senate confirmed President Donald Trump's nominee, Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt, to lead the Environmental Protection Agency on Friday in a mostly party line vote.

Democrats Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota and Joe Manchin of West Virginia, both from energy-producing states, said they will vote with Republicans to confirm Pruitt. Just one GOP senator, Susan Collins of Maine, said she would vote against Pruitt.

The final vote was 52 to 46 in favor of confirmation.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/17/scott-pruitt-epa-confirmation-senate-vote.html

14b44866.gif

Global Warming is over!

Yes, I believe that those are the options. Either let the EPA continue its unfettered regulation of the economy and impose crippling regulations, or alternatively allow poison to flow into our drinking water and radioactive waste sprinkled on playgrounds.

Sounds valid.