• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Senate panel overwhelmingly approves Trump Pentagon pick

Spike

Reaction score
The U.S. Senate Armed Services Committee voted overwhelmingly on Wednesday to recommend President-elect Donald Trump's pick for Secretary of Defense, retired Marine General James Mattis.

The committee voted 26-1 to back Mattis' nomination when it is received by the full Senate from Trump after he is sworn in as president. As a result, Mattis' nomination will be sent directly to the Senate for a vote without referral to the committee.

Congress cleared the way for Mattis' quick confirmation last week by backing a waiver that would allow him to lead the Pentagon despite retiring from active duty as a Marine general only in 2013.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...BN1522V9?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

-----------------------

WINNING!

Are we keeping track ?

That's one ??

yes, absolutely

Cz_4HdZWQAAp63a.jpg

I'll give The Donald credit on one thing, he apparently has quite a sense of humor..... He nominates a guy that wants to eliminate the Dept. of Energy ( or at least he did until he was offered a plum job running it). He nominated a guy to head the Environmental Protection Agency that has filed 18 lawsuits against the EPA....including 9 that are still pending.... so I guess he'll be suing himself. He wants a Labor Secretary, Andy Puzder, that says he would like to see robots replace humans, because the way he sees it, "robots are always polite, they always upsell, they never take a vacation, they never show up late, there's never a slip-and-fall, or an age,sex, or race discrimination case". They also don't eat hamburgers. You'd think a guy that makes $4-$10 million a year as the CEO of two fast food chains would be smart enough to realize this.

I'll give The Donald credit on one thing, he apparently has quite a sense of humor..... He nominates a guy that wants to eliminate the Dept. of Energy ( or at least he did until he was offered a plum job running it). He nominated a guy to head the Environmental Protection Agency that has filed 18 lawsuits against the EPA....including 9 that are still pending.... so I guess he'll be suing himself. He wants a Labor Secretary, Andy Puzder, that says he would like to see robots replace humans, because the way he sees it, "robots are always polite, they always upsell, they never take a vacation, they never show up late, there's never a slip-and-fall, or an age,sex, or race discrimination case". They also don't eat hamburgers. You'd think a guy that makes $4-$10 million a year as the CEO of two fast food chains would be smart enough to realize this.

Does it occur to you that these people are chosen to begin the dismantling process?