• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Seven Round Full mock with trades

I’d pay to see slash throat punch some of these guys.
Just silly trolls who I have irritated along the way. You smack them on top the head Benny Hill style. Just like the smacks that they are.

BarrenZestyIvorybackedwoodswallow-max-1mb.gif

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Last edited:
Okay then, let's see the latest.

I like Taylor enough to trade up for him if he's still on the board when round two starts. I figure our 3rd round comp pick is enough to do it. Then we can try to trade Conner for something, as he has one year left on his contract.

Question: Do you think Tombert drafts a RB with huge fumbling issues?

I do like Taylor but I fear his fumbles would take him off or at least way down our board.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Things I never touch in the draft:

1)Fumble prone RBs

2) WRs with a lot of drops

3) QBs who are inaccurate

I think this is an on point statement. You won't make a suspect hands guy develop great hands. You will have a hard time with a fumble prone RB. Very hard for an inaccurate college QB to develop high accuracy. For every one success story there is probably ten failures in comparison. Teams take players with thinking they will be the team to fix said player of their deficiency. It just is a few and far between positive outcome.

They are hard to correct but it can be done. Aaron Rodgers had accuracy issues at Cal but letting him sit behind Favre he learned proper footwork and is one of the more accurate QBs in the nfl. Tiki Barber had the absolute worst fumbling problem but they coached him hard and he learned to secure the ball. Yes, hard but not impossible.

They are hard to correct but it can be done. Aaron Rodgers had accuracy issues at Cal but letting him sit behind Favre he learned proper footwork and is one of the more accurate QBs in the nfl. Tiki Barber had the absolute worst fumbling problem but they coached him hard and he learned to secure the ball. Yes, hard but not impossible.

Sorry Ford but I am not sure I would consider either of those 2 guys as examples for correcting problems.
Rodgers had a 63.8 completion rate over his college 2yr at Cal throwing 43 Tds vs 13 INTs and a passer rating of 150.3....... his career pro completion rate is 64.6 spent time behind Favre and with QB coach Tom Clements who won my team in Ottawa a Grey Cup in 1975 ....loved him as a player and think he is a pretty good coach.....but I think he had a very talented prospect to start with in Rodgers

Tiki is the all time fumble leader for Giants RBs ....he is only behind 4 QBs on the list for most overall..... he had 53 fumbles in 154 games and 25 were recovered .... he was used sparingly the first 3 years ......he didn't get his **** together until the last 3 years of his career...... from 2000-2003 he had 9,8,9,9 fumbles by year ....... in 1999 he had 5 fumbles on only 62 carries
its a good thing the Giants had a decent DEF for years cause this guy was brutal with the ball security

I think this is an on point statement. You won't make a suspect hands guy develop great hands. You will have a hard time with a fumble prone RB. Very hard for an inaccurate college QB to develop high accuracy. For every one success story there is probably ten failures in comparison. Teams take players with thinking they will be the team to fix said player of their deficiency. It just is a few and far between positive outcome.

Yet year after year, GMs and Coaches ignore this because of Sparq numbers, insane 40times, or strong arms. Remember when Kyle Boller threw a ball over the crossbar from the 50 on his knees? I knew he was a bust right then. Strongest arm ever, with no means to accurately deliver it to a person.

Tape don't lie. If you catch 1200yds and 10TDs your senior year in QB, but have **** hand placement, you do not translate to the NFL.

Sorry Ford but I am not sure I would consider either of those 2 guys as examples for correcting problems.
Rodgers had a 63.8 completion rate over his college 2yr at Cal throwing 43 Tds vs 13 INTs and a passer rating of 150.3....... his career pro completion rate is 64.6 spent time behind Favre and with QB coach Tom Clements who won my team in Ottawa a Grey Cup in 1975 ....loved him as a player and think he is a pretty good coach.....but I think he had a very talented prospect to start with in Rodgers

Tiki is the all time fumble leader for Giants RBs ....he is only behind 4 QBs on the list for most overall..... he had 53 fumbles in 154 games and 25 were recovered .... he was used sparingly the first 3 years ......he didn't get his **** together until the last 3 years of his career...... from 2000-2003 he had 9,8,9,9 fumbles by year ....... in 1999 he had 5 fumbles on only 62 carries
its a good thing the Giants had a decent DEF for years cause this guy was brutal with the ball security

And Jamarcus Russell had over a 67% pass completion percentage in college. Different system different league. Rodgers had a lot of balls sail or short hop in college. Mostly because his foot placement was incorrect. Packers got him and corrected it. Barber fumbled 9 times his last 3 years. The 4 years prior he fumbled 35 times. So yes, they helped correct it. I remember they completely switched where and how he held the ball to help.

Taylor holds the ball so loose and low that’s his problem. I can’t remember a badger RB that held the ball properly in fact. But physically there’s no reason why Taylor can’t correct it. He has decent sized arms and hands. But I do agree the Steelers will drop him down the board because of the fumbling issue. That’s one thing Tomlin/Colbert can not handle is a fumble.