• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Should Minkah be the DC?

We can debate which was better, but my point was it is ONE OF the best ever.
What exactly makes it so great.....yet comparable to the Bettis trade?

We got a perennial Pro Bowl safety for a reasonable price, that has had immediate impact. Very much like they got in Bettis. Yes, Bettis was a much better bargain.

I would put acquiring Farrior up there as well. I do think the Bettis pick up trumps them all though

I would put acquiring Farrior up there as well. I do think the Bettis pick up trumps them all though

Absolutely. Farrior's ascension and production in the Steelers system was far in excess of what anyone would have reasonably thought at the time. Fans knew what they wanted/expected with both Minkah and Bettis but the level Farrior played at was far less anticipated. Honestly not sure the order I would have, but all are at the top.

Farrior signed as a free agent. It was a great signing too. Obviously a great player in terms of production, but also his locker room presence. He's right up there with some of my all-time favorites.

Yes SIR, FA acquisition, but dang good one at that.

As for Minkah, I want him as a full time player, **** the DC possibility.

Salute the nation

I have a new ideal coaching staff setup. It entails both coordinators on the sidelines but both a defensive and a offensive analyst in the booth observing the play from above

I have a new ideal coaching staff setup. It entails both coordinators on the sidelines but both a defensive and a offensive analyst in the booth observing the play from above
Interesting. I like it. They can use all the help they can get.

Farrior signed as a free agent. It was a great signing too. Obviously a great player in terms of production, but also his locker room presence. He's right up there with some of my all-time favorites.
My mistake, for some reason I thought it was a trade.