• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

SIG SAUER Selected by U.S. Army for Next Generation Weapons with New Ammunition

Spike

Reaction score
SIG SAUER Selected by U.S. Army for Next Generation Weapons with New Ammunition Technology, Lightweight Machine Gun, Rifle, and Suppressors

NEWINGTON, N.H., (September 3, 2019) – SIG SAUER, Inc. is proud to announce the official award of a contract by the U.S. Army in the down-select process for the Next Generation Squad Weapons (NGSW).

The award encompasses the complete SIG SAUER system consisting of 6.8mm hybrid ammunition, a lightweight machine gun, rifle, and included suppressors. SIG SAUER will provide single-source manufacturing for ammunition, weapons, and suppressors allowing for less risk and increased capability for the U.S. Army.

9-3-2019-PR-IMAGE-700x294.jpg

https://www.sigsauer.com/press-rele...GenWeapons&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua

Oh, that's great. The two Sig 9MM pistols the Army is fielding right now are genuine pieces of ****. Plastic junk that units are having a hell of a time keeping in the field. The Beretta was better, and THAT is the definition of junk.

The Army had a chance to get Soldiers a good quality weapon here, and I fear they may have failed. Better manufacturers out there.

The Beretta is a reliable tank of a pistol, not junk.

Don't care much for Baretta's, and the ones I work on are mostly junk. It is a simple pistol, easy to work on, so it has that going for it. The Army should never have gone away from the .45. They have been struggling to find a good pistol ever since.

But to the main post, I really worry about the reliability of these new rifles and machine guns. After seeing the problems the Army is having with the M17 and M18 pistols, I can only expect that these new weapons will face similar problems. I don't much care for Sig Sauer at all, if you hadn't guessed. There are companies that make good machine guns. Sig isn't normally recognized as one of them. Kinda dumbfounded the Army awarded them the contract.

I have a 92FS and have never had a problem with it. Love how it feels and shoots.I like heavy, all metal guns. I like the CZ 75 too.

Sigs...because the Army can't afford Kimbers. :)

"military grade" used to mean something, giving our fighting men and women the best damn American made products on the planet. Now, it's the low bidder and the low bidder has to make them cheaper than the civilian version to profit off of the order.

The military went away from the .45 because nobody could hit the broad side of a barn with them, lol, and the 9MM has twice the ammo capacity

The Beretta is a good gun

Oh, that's great. The two Sig 9MM pistols the Army is fielding right now are genuine pieces of ****. Plastic junk that units are having a hell of a time keeping in the field. The Beretta was better, and THAT is the definition of junk.
If that's the P320, that's the same pistol being rolled out to Fed LEO's (DHS). I haven't received mine, so no opinion on it yet.

My first duty HG was a Beretta in .40 cal... talk about a tank, for sure. Had something like a 100 lb trigger pull...

I had hoped we'd go with reliable 'ole Glock, preferably the G19 or G22. So many local & state LEOs carry them.

So... Why aren't the Democrats screaming about the Military getting guns? I mean - guns kill people. Guns should be outlawed. We can't just willy nilly allow the police and military to have guns. Guns kill people.

So... Why aren't the Democrats screaming about the Military getting guns? I mean - guns kill people. Guns should be outlawed. We can't just willy nilly allow the police and military to have guns. Guns kill people.

Because the military sometimes works under the Democrats.

u6DGu.jpg

I don't have firearms. They are dangerous. And scary. I use reasoned persuasion to dissuade bad people from doing bad things.

If I see a guy waving a knife at Mrs. Steeltime, I calmly explain that what he is doing is dangerous, and he needs to stop. If he refuses to stop, I break out the pie charts detailing knife injuries. If that fails, I ask him to stop and wait until the police arrive.

All very civilized.

As to the topic - I know some, neighbor included, who love their Sig P229 subcompact, and P320 full size. Or so I've heard. I wouldn't know.

Last edited:
And half the stopping power.

if you hit the target, meanwhile any thug in Chicago can put 3 rds in ya before you can get a second chance

The military went away from the .45 because nobody could hit the broad side of a barn with them, lol, and the 9MM has twice the ammo capacity

The Beretta is a good gun

I qualified expert with a M1911 in 1990 that had been in the inventory since 1949. That the .45 is inaccurate is the biggest load of **** lie that anyone ever told. Shut your filthy **** holster you stupid REMF airscout.

P.S.

Gitcher goddam hands out of your ****** pockets you wing wiping piece of ****.

if you hit the target, meanwhile any thug in Chicago can put 3 rds in ya before you can get a second chance

Oftentimes the thugs in Chicongo cant hit the broadside of a barn and kill unintended victims instead.

I qualified expert with a M1911 in 1990 that had been in the inventory since 1949. That the .45 is inaccurate is the biggest load of **** lie that anyone ever told. Shut your filthy **** holster you stupid REMF airscout.

P.S.

Gitcher goddam hands out of your ****** pockets you wing wiping piece of ****.

Anybody can hit the paper from 9 yds, lol, everybody I know made expert

Anybody can hit the paper from 9 yds, lol, everybody I know made expert

It’s 25m we n the Army: learn to shoot you air force nasty.

As with most government contract, it was awarded based on which company provided the best hookers. Sig is Swedish I believe? Send a bunch of 6 ft blonde fembots and done deal.

Uhh...sorry to interject here but this is a good opportunity to post my meme of the day.

rVASKMk.png

Thanks for your patience, now back to the in-depth discussion in progress.

Oh wait.......a little cleavage before you go....right tape ?

nwavSqC.jpg