• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

SIG SAUER Selected by U.S. Army for Next Generation Weapons with New Ammunition

Oh, that's great. The two Sig 9MM pistols the Army is fielding right now are genuine pieces of ****. Plastic junk that units are having a hell of a time keeping in the field. The Beretta was better, and THAT is the definition of junk.

The Army had a chance to get Soldiers a good quality weapon here, and I fear they may have failed. Better manufacturers out there.

How much does this really matter? Did the USA use pistols in the past wars, and it so how often?

It matters coach. ****** weapons cost lives. The fact that you don’t know that Soldiers have been carrying side arms since invention is mind boggling.

It matters coach. ****** weapons cost lives. The fact that you don’t know that Soldiers have been carrying side arms since invention is mind boggling.

There are much better guns to carry than pistols. M 16’s or uzi’s for example.

My question is how often were pistols used in combat?

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Coach, you're spot on. I qualified expert on the Uzi in Basic Training, and that's the only damn "gun" I carried into the theatre of operations. All I needed was a pouch of RedMan, Ripits, and my trusty uzi man.

Dude...you watch way to many Hollywood movies. M16/M4 is a mid range weapon, Pistols are close combat weapons. Grenades are for painting buildings. And for the record, no one in the armed forces are issued a ******* Uzi.

PS I love the kimber .45.

I love my Crimson Pro Carry II. The only issue I have with it, it's not a practical Pistol in the field. It comes with a small allen wrench to hold the spring in place when field stripping it...lose it and you're in for a hell of time. Not something I want to be dicking with in the field.

Dude...you watch way to many Hollywood movies. M16/M4 is a mid range weapon, Pistols are close combat weapons. Grenades are for painting buildings. And for the record, no one in the armed forces are issued a ******* Uzi.

Let's hear from the (D)im's firearms expert:

giphy.gif

As always, Genius Joe carries the day. Womenz don't need a semi-automatic rifle that weighs just 5.5 lbs. They can just "buy a shotgun." Look at this demonstration:

Shotguns

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

The evil, "military-style assault weapon":

It's so freaking obvious which is the better weapon for womenz. You go, Joe!!

Pistols are used when the **** hits the fan. When you are shooting at people over there, you use the rifle. When they hop the wall and overrun your position, you grab that pistol and start blasting as many as you can until you finally have to pull that knife.

Scariest order in battle "Fix bayonets"....

Scariest order in battle "Fix bayonets"....

July 2, 1863: "When their ammunition had almost run out, Chamberlain decided to fix bayonets and charge down into the two Alabama regiments. He cried out the order, 'Bayonets!' ... After Chamberlain ordered Bayonet, the Union line hesitated until Melcher sprang out in front of the line with his sword flashing. ... Another crisis soon faced the Maine soldiers when the left side of the regiment drew even with the right, short of its planned position. Melcher broke this momentary disruption by running down the slope screaming: Come on! Come on boys! with Tozier beside him and Chamberlain not far behind."

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/articles/defense-little-round-top

Hey, anybody want reparations? I believe the 20th Maine and millions of others who fought and hundreds of thousands who died in the Civil War have already paid that bill.

As always, Genius Joe carries the day. Womenz don't need a semi-automatic rifle that weighs just 5.5 lbs. They can just "buy a shotgun." Look at this demonstration:

Shotguns

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

The evil, "military-style assault weapon":

It's so freaking obvious which is the better weapon for womenz. You go, Joe!!

I got knocked on my *** by a twelve e gauge once.