• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Sitting Bull's gun up for auction

His story is a sad one.

As well as most Native Americans...

But then again...all people have sad tales to tell throughout history...
Its an unfortunate human condition.

But wait, you're a conservative, aren't you?
We're supposed to be bigoted and have no concern for our fellow man and the downtrodden.

But wait, you're a conservative, aren't you?
We're supposed to be bigoted and have no concern for our fellow man and the downtrodden.
My momma taught me right... ;)

Anyhoot---Im a former Democrat and now a registered Independent ....that leans Right...but used to sympathize with the Left....which is getting harder and harder to do.,..

My momma taught me right... ;)

Anyhoot---Im a former Democrat and now a registered Independent ....that leans Right...but used to sympathize with the Left....which is getting harder and harder to do.,..

Yep, me a former demonrat as well. Saw the light years ago. I vote for whoever has an R after their name.

His story is a sad one.
Yeah...his death lead to the massacre at Wounded Knee. Just horrible.

I will say this though...the idea seems to be that the Native Americans all got along and they didn't do evil things to each other like white men and that just isn't so. I know it was a movie, but remember the scene in "Dances With Wolves" when John Dunbar helps to defend the village against an attack by the Indian played by Wes Studi? At the end of it the narrator opines that this wasn't a battle over some dark political objective or for land, but to protect the food stores for the winter. So you are sitting there in the theatre...oh, man, we white people suck, we fight over political things and land.

But if you think on it a little, first of all, what's the difference? It's still a battle and death. I'm sure as you lay dying you are saying well at least I'm not dying over some political objective. That's a relief. But if you look at the scene, the attacking group drew the warriors out of the village so they could attack women, children and old men. Had they been successful, most of the women, children and old men would have been killed. Those that survived and perhaps were not taken away into some type of servitude would have been left to starve to death. How the hell is that more noble?

Yeah...his death lead to the massacre at Wounded Knee. Just horrible.

I will say this though...the idea seems to be that the Native Americans all got along and they didn't do evil things to each other like white men and that just isn't so. I know it was a movie, but remember the scene in "Dances With Wolves" when John Dunbar helps to defend the village against an attack by the Indian played by Wes Studi? At the end of it the narrator opines that this wasn't a battle over some dark political objective or for land, but to protect the food stores for the winter. So you are sitting there in the theatre...oh, man, we white people suck, we fight over political things and land.

But if you think on it a little, first of all, what's the difference? It's still a battle and death. I'm sure as you lay dying you are saying well at least I'm not dying over some political objective. That's a relief. But if you look at the scene, the attacking group drew the warriors out of the village so they could attack women, children and old men. Had they been successful, most of the women, children and old men would have been killed. Those that survived and perhaps were not taken away into some type of servitude would have been left to starve to death. How the hell is that more noble?
1706313149205-png.558595

Yeah, this absolute BS of the Natives living in peace throughout their history needs to stop. If they had the technology advancements the settlers had, there would maybe have been 10-12 tribes left standing. Even then, those tribes would not have lived in peace either.

I dont recall many storylines of tribes living in peace together. Alot of times warriors would not fight to the death. touching the enemy was considered braver. but a lot of times they would kill.

It's not like the white man invaded a sovereign nation.
America was a landmass consisting of tribes who fought and killed each other.

Consider Europe, once just a landmass consisting of Barbarian tribes...the Goths, Visigoths, The Franks, The Huns, The Vandals, etc...

European nations eventually formed as a result of one barbarian tribe conquest of another.

So hundreds of years later The American continents became the latest and last to be conquered.

The Spanish led by Cortez did a number on Mexico and it's indigenous peoples.
I wonder why this Spanish speaking nation has no Indian reservations.

Tribes had there on version of manifest destiny. A lot of the Sioux Lands used to be Crow land, Arapahoe land, and probs vise versa

Last edited: