• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Six key points for a Republican to win the 2016 Presidency

Rand is the ONLY chance the repubs have, because of voters like me. I don't hate the Rep party but I don't trust them. Rand would at least give me some hope that things would be on the up and up.

Rand is the ONLY chance the repubs have, because of voters like me. I don't hate the Rep party but I don't trust them. Rand would at least give me some hope that things would be on the up and up.

I need to see him or Scott Walker somewhere on the ticket if I'm going to vote Republican. If it's Jeb Bush then me and most of the base are going to stay home or vote Libertarian. Might vote Libertarian anyway since Hildebeast is going to win anyway. At this point what difference does it make?

I will most likely vote for any candidate that is not named Clinton. While I admire the conviction of many of you have, to vote based on your principles, I do have a question.

Do you honestly believe someone like Rand Paul can bring out the vote in numbers enough to win? He may get the conservative vote, but it's going to take votes from moderates, minorities, and women to defeat the beast.

I will most likely vote for any candidate that is not named Clinton. While I admire the conviction of many of you have, to vote based on your principles, I do have a question.

Do you honestly believe someone like Rand Paul can bring out the vote in numbers enough to win? He may get the conservative vote, but it's going to take votes from moderates, minorities, and women to defeat the beast.

We ran moderate candidates the last two times and it didn't work. Romney's problem, one of them anyway, was that the Conservative voters were not impressed and stayed home.

#1 - Dems have Hillary for President!

We ran moderate candidates the last two times and it didn't work. Romney's problem, one of them anyway, was that the Conservative voters were not impressed and stayed home.

Agree.......Romney had Barry on the ropes after the first debate, and did not go for the knockout in the next three. Who ever runs against Hillary cannot follow that pattern.

Agree.......Romney had Barry on the ropes after the first debate, and did not go for the knockout in the next three. Who ever runs against Hillary cannot follow that pattern.
If he does, it'll be "He's mean to women. You're not supposed to hit the girl, you sexist abuser of women." Hildebeast wins in a landslide.
Zona, I know you don't post in G&G a lot so you may have missed me saying this before. I was HIGHLY involved in Romney's campaign on the county level and a little bit on the state level and I will tell you that his campaign staff did a lousy job as far as the nuts and bolts of actually running a campaign. The database and phone bank systems especially were a clusterfuck, enough that we had meetings at the state level to analyze what went wrong. The Democrat's system of microtargeting voters for phone calls, door knocking, emails, and snail mail is MUCH more advanced than the GOP system.

Points 7 and 8 would be:

7. Tea party does not hate him

8. He isn't bloodied by fellow Republicans in debates

Those are the two points that I think hurt Jeb's chances the most. He might pull off the nomination, but will end up damaged for the general election.
Tea partiers might even stay home.

Tea partiers seem to be the group LEAST likely to stay home from an election. I mean, they're generally people who splintered off from the Republican party with a purpose. Why identify yourself as a separate group with specific goals in mind and then not go out and vote?

Moderate Republican is just DNC-Lite and people know this. The GOP can't win trying to out democrat the Democratic Party. Didn't work with McCaine or Romney won't work with Jeb Bush. Rand Paul energizes your base gets most of the independants and a fair number of Libertarian voters thus sealing the win. And he will walk the walk not just talk the talk.

An interesting reply. The middle class is going backward, and independent types are breaking for Republicans. If the Republicans can offer a pledge of tax breaks for those making 35-80K a year, I think they take lots of Democratic votes. I say do it, then cut some spending.

Fair or not the tea-party has been poised by the media by baseless acquisitions of racism. The media helps Dem's vote against them, but their narrative will not work on JEB Bush who speaks Spanish and married a Latino.

I really like Paul ( and would support him 100% ) , but I think he polls poorly with women voters.

If Paul does win the nomination, I think he'll have to do much better with women voters. Paul's 100% pro life will hurt with women. He will need the moral high ground, and limit what he says allowing for the act in the case of rape, or health. I also think his stance on gay marriage will make him a target with media. Better stated would be if Paul said let your own religion decide. But Paul is bright, and can work his way out of it. I just hate it that he has two strikes against him before his first at bat.

Repubocrats

or

Demlicans

same thing; the verbiage is slightly different to imply choice, but the fiscal and monetary policies are the same.propagations from the past.

The differences are more like debating the differences between MTV and VH1 rather than between TV and a real live conversation. Or like the differences in Kardashians compared to real discussions of policy differences.

You all are comparing apples and apples because you can't see any real oranges.

The Bush name is good enough for the tea party folks. .

No. It's not.

Why not pick the lesser of two evils then, unless you want 4-8 more years of Obama like politics. Those are the stakes.

We are where we are as a result of picking the LOTE. Republicans are the definition of insanity.

An interesting reply. The middle class is going backward, and independent types are breaking for Republicans. If the Republicans can offer a pledge of tax breaks for those making 35-80K a year, I think they take lots of Democratic votes. I say do it, then cut some spending.

Fair or not the tea-party has been poised by the media by baseless acquisitions of racism. Fair or not? How can being painted as something you aren't be fair?? The media helps Dem's vote against them, but their narrative will not work on JEB Bush who speaks Spanish and married a Latino.

I really like Paul ( and would support him 100% ) , but I think he polls poorly with women voters.

If Paul does win the nomination, I think he'll have to do much better with women voters. Paul's 100% pro life will hurt with women. He will need the moral high ground, and limit what he says allowing for the act in the case of rape, or health. I also think his stance on gay marriage will make him a target with media. Better stated would be if Paul said let your own religion decide. But Paul is bright, and can work his way out of it. I just hate it that he has two strikes against him before his first at bat.

He has the moral high ground.