• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Slick Dick Rick Maddow CONFIRMS the obvious - Trump is rich and paid taxes

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
https://www.forbes.com/sites/maddie...ddow-releases-trump-tax-returns/#217a7ff37a70

Rachel Maddow Releases Trump Tax Returns

Madeline Berg, Forbes Staff

Less than two hours before her 9 o'clock show was set to air on MSNBC, Rachel Maddow tweeted that she had landed a stunning exclusive: Donald Trump's tax returns. The tweet had just enough time to go viral (it had been shared over 68,000 times before the show began, and "Rachel Maddow" was trending on Twitter almost immediately) before she went live with details from the Form 1040 from Trump's 2005 return.

Maddow said it showed that Trump reported over $150 million in income that year and paid $5.3 million in federal income tax and $31 million in alternative minimum tax. Many questions were left unanswered, including the sources of his income.

The investigative reporter and tax expert David Cay Johnston, who had obtained the 1040 in the mail and passed it on to Maddow, suggested Trump, himself, had sent him the document. Johnston he also emphasized how Trump used loopholes to secure a discounted income tax rate and that he believed the rest of the returns would show something that Trump may be trying to hide.

Trump's tax returns played a contentious role throughout the 2016 campaign after Trump refused to follow precedent and disclose his to the public, leaving many suspicious they contained comprising or embarrassing information. Trump repeatedly used the excuse that he was "under audit by the IRS" and could not release his recent returns; he also refused to release past returns.

The White House responded before the show even aired, claiming to MSNBC that the network is "desperate for ratings" and that the network was "violating a law to push a story." (Maddow disputed this, saying the First Amendment gave her the right to discuss the returns.)

“The dishonest media can continue to make this part of their agenda, while the President will focus on his, which includes tax reform that will benefit all Americans,” the statement continued.

BREAKING: We've got Trump tax returns. Tonight, 9pm ET. MSNBC.

(Seriously).

— Rachel Maddow MSNBC (@maddow) March 14, 2017

After social media went wild with the news that Maddow had obtained the portion of Trump's tax return from Johnston, the author of The Making of Donald Trump, Maddow can expect Nielsen to report a ratings bonanza. (Both Maddow's and Johnston's websites crashed following the show.)

This ratings bump will come just as Maddow—who is unapologetically left-leaning and uses long monologues to form arguments against Trump—has enjoyed her highest viewership yet these past few months. Just last week she reached a ratings milestone, with her show beating every other primetime program, including the longstanding cable news champion, Fox News' Bill O'Reilly's O'Reilly Factor. Maddow averaged 2.62 million total viewers—an eight-year high for MSNBC—and 624,000 viewers in the advertiser-coveted 25-54 demographic.

Maddow's ratings rise has coincided with increased viewership across cable news, but MSNBC has seen the largest ratings increase of the three cable newsers, proportionally, according to Nielsen ratings. The network, which used to consistently land behind Fox News and CNN, has been beating CNN more and more frequently and has even risen above Fox News a handful of times.

For the latest on the entertainment industry, follow me on Twitter @MadelinePBerg.

a877d8324cd8c949289c8c8258ea5730.jpg

BWAhahahahaha - blew up in their faces!

kSiIFgZ.png

Fs9Ymmq.png

Best

Election

Ever

LOCK HER UP!

Rachel Maddow Committed A Felony On Live TV : 26 U.S. Code § 7213

26 U.S. Code § 7213 - Unauthorized disclosure of information

(a) Returns and return information

(3) Other persons

It shall be unlawful for any person to whom any return or return information (as defined in section 6103(b)) is disclosed in a manner unauthorized by this title thereafter willfully to print or publish in any manner not provided by law any such return or return information. Any violation of this paragraph shall be a felony punishable by a fine in any amount not exceeding $5,000, or imprisonment of not more than 5 years, or both, together with the costs of prosecution.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ddow-show-break-law-publishing-donald-trumps/

LOCK HER UP!

(3) Other persons

It shall be unlawful for any person to whom any return or return information (as defined in section 6103(b)) is disclosed in a manner unauthorized by this title thereafter willfully to print or publish in any manner not provided by law any such return or return information. Any violation of this paragraph shall be a felony punishable by a fine in any amount not exceeding $5,000, or imprisonment of not more than 5 years, or both, together with the costs of prosecution.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ddow-show-break-law-publishing-donald-trumps/

That. Is. Awesome! Make an example out of him, Trump! **** the media!

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Does anybody really believe that a reporter, who nobody ever heard of, "went to his mailbox" and found my tax returns? @NBCNews FAKE NEWS!
6:55 AM - 15 Mar 2017

He just slapped NBC.

Hilarious headlines

Epic Fail: Rachel Maddow Mocked After Dragging Out Trump Tax ‘Scoop’

MSNBC's "Tax Records" Non-Story: Trump Made $150M, Paid 25% Tax Rate, More Than Romney, Bernie

C67bQ2vU0AAII72.jpg

This is utterly hysterical. Read all of these social media responses. Madcow was destroyed.

--------------------------------------------------

Epic Fail: Rachel Maddow Mocked After Dragging Out Trump Tax ‘Scoop’

MSNBC host Rachel Maddow was widely mocked on social media Tuesday night after drawing out the revelations in what she announced was an “exclusive story” regarding Donald Trump’s tax returns.
Instead of getting right to her big scoop about a 2005 Trump tax return she obtained, Maddow opened her show with a rambling 20-minute rant outlining her often tangential theories regarding Trump’s connections to Russia.

Maddow did not unveil the relevant tax documents until 23 minutes into the show, revealing that Donald Trump had made more than $150 million in income in 2005 and paid $38 million in income taxes that year.

In fact, Maddow took so long to get to the point, that the Trump White House scooped her:

White House releases Trump tax info ahead of MSNBC report, says he paid $38M in 2005 https://t.co/8TtPu4eCA6 pic.twitter.com/qjyl4p6dPM

— The Hill (@thehill) March 15, 2017

So @maddow took so long to get to the news that @realDonaldTrump scooped her. https://t.co/yTwpBHianm

— Joel B. Pollak (@joelpollak) March 15, 2017

Social media lit up with mockery for Maddow’s rambling anti-climactic monologue. The harshest criticism came from Maddow’s own colleagues in the media:

Maddow is going to show us the tax return at 9:57, isn't she?

— Josh Dawsey (@jdawsey1) March 15, 2017

This is like watching a super hyped prize fight and the first few rounds are Zzzzzzz.

— Bob Cusack (@BobCusack) March 15, 2017

I think Maddow's staff lost the tax return.

— GregGutfeld (@greggutfeld) March 15, 2017

Maddow really is the long lost daughter of Glenn Beck circa 2010

It's 9:08. And we are talking about yachts being parked next to one another.

— Chris Cillizza (@TheFix) March 15, 2017

Is she going to start connecting these points with yarn and newspaper clippings on the wall?

— Rory Cooper (@rorycooper) March 15, 2017

pic.twitter.com/5cYt0bJmLm

— Patrick Caldwell (@patcaldwell) March 15, 2017

What is the left's version of black helicopters?

— Dana Perino (@DanaPerino) March 15, 2017

At this point I'm low-key rooting for someone to scoop her on this and tweet out the tax returns before she show them

— Paige Lavender (@paigelav) March 15, 2017

Maddow's burying of the lede has actually become a bigger story than the scoop itself. Peak absurdity.

— Brad Dayspring (@BDayspring) March 15, 2017

if Giraldo shows up to open the folder containing the tax return, I will stand and applaud.

CNN political reporter Maeve Reston described Maddow’s exclusive as a “good story for Trump.” Fox News’ Katie Pavlich speculated that the Trump White House planted the story “to make the issue look ridiculous.”

So what we've learned so far from @MSNBC is that @realDonaldTrump paid a hefty sum in taxes in 2005. This seems like a good story for Trump.

— Maeve Reston (@MaeveReston) March 15, 2017

My bet: Someone at the White House put this portion of a single tax return in this guy's mailbox as a way to make the issue look ridiculous

— Katie Pavlich (@KatiePavlich) March 15, 2017

Even leftwing actress Mia Farrow mocked Maddow, pointing out that it was 9:19 and nothing had been revealed.

It's 9:19

— Mia Farrow (@MiaFarrow) March 15, 2017

if you have news, Rachel, please tell us. soon. I'm not young.

— Bob Ley (@BobLeyESPN) March 15, 2017

According to a poll I just took of my congressional district, 100% of my constituents want Rachel Maddow to show us the tax return now.

— Brendan Boyle (@RepBrendanBoyle) March 15, 2017

It’s almost like @maddow called @RyanSeacrest for tips on teasing this story out

— Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) March 15, 2017

Quick update on Rachel Maddow’s Trump tax return report pic.twitter.com/zLJjSBLL0a

— Salvador Hernandez (@SalHernandez) March 15, 2017

Why won't Rachel Maddow release Donald Trump's tax returns? What's she hiding?

— T.J. Quinn (@TJQuinnESPN) March 15, 2017

SNL better do a spoof on this

— Katie Pavlich (@KatiePavlich) March 15, 2017

Slate senior editor Sam Adams suggested Maddow’s performance could be turned into a 10-episode Netflix series.

Rachel Maddow announces she will release Donald Trump’s tax returns as a 10-episode Netflix series.

— Sam Adams (@SamuelAAdams) March 15, 2017

Eric Stangel claimed he could fill out his own taxes in less time than it took Maddow to get to the story.

It takes less time to fill out your taxes than for Rachael Maddow to get to what's in Trump's taxes

— Eric Stangel (@EricStangel) March 15, 2017

Other’s suggested that Maddow’s ‘scoop’ was somewhat disappointing.

Without any self-awareness, Rachel Maddow holds up two pages and shrugs "this is all we've got."

— Emily Jashinsky (@emilyjashinsky) March 15, 2017

Most of America felt like this:

Everyone watching @maddow right now expecting actual news. pic.twitter.com/1pMsHA1Ghy

— Chris Tomlinson (@TomlinsonCJ) March 15, 2017

“You know you are desperate for ratings when you are willing to violate the law to push a story about two pages of tax returns from over a decade ago,” the White House responded in a statement, adding that it is “totally illegal to steal and publish tax returns.”

LOCK HER UP!

(3) Other persons

I don't understand the First Amendment argument here. There is no ambiguity. It's a felony.

LOCK HER UP!

(3) Other persons

And the IRS person that gave her this crap.

So the obvious: Trump cheated on his taxes....wow what a surprise that a colluder in Putin's international crime ring cheated on his taxes...my....my... and all the Trumptard lemmings line up to defend him.

How pathetic it must be to know this man has reamed you and his country in every way he can, and will continue to until the impeachment comes.

So the obvious: Trump cheated on his taxes....wow what a surprise that a colluder in Putin's international crime ring cheated on his taxes...my....my... and all the Trumptard lemmings line up to defend him.

How pathetic it must be to know this man has reamed you and his country in every way he can, and will continue to until the impeachment comes.
article-0-1847310A00000578-970_634x351.jpg

Elftard, did you take a single solitary deduction on your taxes? did you get a return or did you pay?

The Elftard is just pissed that now there's proof Trump made a shitload of money and paid a shitload of taxes.

Hmmmmm....wasn't Bernie tweeting a while back about Trump not paying taxes????? The Dem voter needs to wake up themselves and see who's really being taken advantage.

trump_tax_rate.jpg

So the obvious: Trump cheated on his taxes....

He "cheated on his taxes" by paying what he owed, which was more than Obama in 2015, more than Bernie, etc.?

Uhhhhh ... sure. Also paid a ****-ton in state taxes, obviously, since a New York resident.

The story blows up in the Dems' face. Wow, fake news has become so unreliable, it seems.

What really pisses me off now is Sanders makes more money than me but pays a lesser percentage on his taxes than me AND and owns three friggin' houses on a $200K salary. The last one he just purchased is on an island. REALLY BERNIE....REALLY!?!?!?!?!

What really pisses me off now is Sanders makes more money than me but pays a lesser percentage on his taxes than me AND and owns three friggin' houses on a $200K salary. The last one he just purchased is on an island. REALLY BERNIE....REALLY!?!?!?!?!

Bernie is a certain a complete ******* fraud. Much like the rich leftist assclowns.

All this proves is that in 2005, Trump was rich and paid taxes. There are 11 returns since that may say other things.