• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Snowflakes win again...

Just more proof that social media is the devil. I don't think she had any malicious intent at all and it's funny, but as soon as a parent finds out you made fun of their kid in front of 100,000 people via the internet, you have no chance.....done.

One wearies, or I weary anyway, of the endless news stories reporting that children can barely read or not at all, can’t add, and don’t know anything.

“Detroit Public Schools: 93% Not Proficient in Reading; 96% Not Proficient in Math” Nationwide, only 33 percent of public-school eighth graders scored proficient or better in reading….”

This in the United States? The exceptional nation, shining city on a hill, guiding light of mankind? On and on it goes: the national toleration of the stupid, the inferior, the lazy, and the uncultivated. More specifically, toleration of substandard teachers, substandard approaches to schooling, and intellectually shiftless people bitching about everything being somebody else’s fault.

If some kids, simply lack the mental horsepower, it would make sense to separate them, teach them what they are able to learn–and not let them drag everybody else down. Ask how many hours a week the parents, or parent, of those failing kids in Detroit spend with them, teaching them to read? If the parents can’t read, they might try learning with their kids

In too many cases we have protected, unionized mediocrity at best and often way worse who, lacking the intelligence, education, or culture to value actual learning, instead play psychobabble feel-good games. A country deserves what it tolerates and in this case it seems to tolerate firing a teacher for doing her job rather than playing those same psychobabble feel-good games.

Yeah we should look ashamed !

This happened just up the road from me (20 mins away).

This pisses me off. Read it if you haven't:

"On Jan 5th, a student tweeted "close school tammarow PLEASE". But as you can see, tomorrow was misspelled and Katie Nash, who was the Web Services Coordinator of FCPS, responded to the student with, "but, how would you learn how to spell 'tomorrow' :) .""

That's it???! That is all the Web Services Coordinator said?? And she was FIRED? Are you freaking kidding me?

I'm not old, but I'm not young - whatever, I'm 48. When I went to HS, spankings were already gone, but a teacher could tell you you were failing, coming up short, where your deficiencies were and do so in front of a class full of kids. What this woman said in this tweet was true and had a sense of humor to it and I would fully expect a teacher in a class room had this been written in front of the students to use a similar sense of sarcasm in providing an answer to the student in front of his/her peers.

This is ridiculous.

How many more days till Trump begins to end this bullshit PC world we live in?

What an embarrassing moment for that school district. No reason that employee should have been fired..

Wait, I thought adding a smiley face at the end of the tweet made the comment immune from criticism. Jeez, I may have to re-think my tweeting.

Naaaaah ...

I had a principal swat me once. It was that or he called my mom. I picked the big wooden paddle with holes in it hanging on his wall behind his desk. It was much less painful than the alternative.

What a bunch of easily offended, soft, crybabies we're allowing our future leaders to grow and model themselves after. This will end well. I'm sure of it. /snark

This happened just up the road from me (20 mins away).

This pisses me off. Read it if you haven't:

"On Jan 5th, a student tweeted "close school tammarow PLEASE". But as you can see, tomorrow was misspelled and Katie Nash, who was the Web Services Coordinator of FCPS, responded to the student with, "but, how would you learn how to spell 'tomorrow' :) .""

That's it???! That is all the Web Services Coordinator said?? And she was FIRED? Are you freaking kidding me?

I'm not old, but I'm not young - whatever, I'm 48. When I went to HS, spankings were already gone, but a teacher could tell you you were failing, coming up short, where your deficiencies were and do so in front of a class full of kids. What this woman said in this tweet was true and had a sense of humor to it and I would fully expect a teacher in a class room had this been written in front of the students to use a similar sense of sarcasm in providing an answer to the student in front of his/her peers.

This is ridiculous.

How many more days till Trump begins to end this bullshit PC world we live in?

Those are a whole bunch of ASSumptions for just one CONservative dumbass. So you think mocking children is a good thing? And that when King Trump takes office in a few days this type of behavior will be acceptable?

Some of you Trump Chumps© are so loathsome and ignorant it defies any attempt at giving you the benefit of the doubt.

How do you not think for a minute that maybe this child accidentally hit the wrong key and left it at that since it's just twitter?

No, like the person from the school we immediately come to a conclusion and decide what we must do is mock and humiliate publicly .

She deserved getting fired, and as a bonus a kick in the *** on the way out.

As far as your king, he's going to have his hands full just avoiding impeachment in the next few months.

How do you not think for a minute that maybe this child accidentally hit the wrong key and left it at that since it's just twitter?

Because they hit the wrong key twice, which is also on the opposite side of the keyboard.

I think most fair minded people would agree that the comment doesn't deserve termination. The student even said he didn't mind the comment and took absolutely no offense. And you're bellyaching about people making assumptions but that's exactly what you did in your quoted text.

So you think mocking children is a good thing? And that when King Trump takes office in a few days this type of behavior will be acceptable?

As with the majority of this board, those who commented on the article, and those who syndicated the article and wrote about it, yeah, I'm pretty damned comfortable with my position. This woman did nothing wrong. In fact, her reply wasn't even in the least offensive.

Comments from CBS local about the woman's comments (universal condemnation of the school's decision): http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/01/14/frederick-county-public-schools-employee-fired-for-tweet/

But thank you for coming to the thread and admitting that you're one of today's *****-*** snowflakes yourself (not that we needed that one spelled out for us). As the board's never ending schizophrenic victim (today I'm African American, yesterday I was a Jew with Aspergers, tomorrow I'll play the Native American card), no one here in the least is surprised that you experience butt hurt over this woman's witty reply to this student.

PS...the student nor her family complained about the incident. From the article above: "The student later wrote that he didn’t mind Nash’s original reply and didn’t take it personally."

Seems your *** is chaffed far more than the supposed victim's.

Last edited:
The Elftard is a perfect example of how deranged our society has become under eight years of the commie-terrorist.

One wearies, or I weary anyway, of the endless news stories reporting that children can barely read or not at all, can’t add, and don’t know anything.

“Detroit Public Schools: 93% Not Proficient in Reading; 96% Not Proficient in Math” Nationwide, only 33 percent of public-school eighth graders scored proficient or better in reading….”

This in the United States? The exceptional nation, shining city on a hill, guiding light of mankind? On and on it goes: the national toleration of the stupid, the inferior, the lazy, and the uncultivated. More specifically, toleration of substandard teachers, substandard approaches to schooling, and intellectually shiftless people bitching about everything being somebody else’s fault.

If some kids, simply lack the mental horsepower, it would make sense to separate them, teach them what they are able to learn–and not let them drag everybody else down.* Ask how many hours a week the parents, or parent, of those failing kids in Detroit spend with them, teaching them to read?* If the parents can’t read, they might try learning with their kids

In too many cases we have protected, unionized mediocrity at best and often way worse who, lacking* the intelligence, education, or culture to value actual learning, instead play psychobabble feel-good games. A country deserves what it tolerates and in this case it seems to tolerate firing a teacher for doing her job rather than playing those same psychobabble feel-good games.

Yeah we should look ashamed !

Why do you point out Detroit?

Is it race? Is it because of Democrats?
Is it because of teachers unions?

I live in Oklahoma. Overwhelmingly white(teachers&students),overwhelmingly Repugnican, and split as far as union vs. non union teachers thanks to our education/teacher hating Governor Mattress Mary Fallin (our female version of Bill Clinton).

And look at where we sit...........

http://oklahomawatch.org/2015/01/07/state-ranks-among-worst-in-education-outcomes-report/

How does that fit your false narrative? Bigot.

As with the majority of this board, those who commented on the article, and those who syndicated the article and wrote about it, yeah, I'm pretty damned comfortable with my position. This woman did nothing wrong. In fact, her reply wasn't even in the least offensive.

Comments from CBS local about the woman's comments (universal condemnation of the school's decision): http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/01/14/frederick-county-public-schools-employee-fired-for-tweet/

But thank you for coming to the thread and admitting that you're one of today's *****-*** snowflakes yourself (not that we needed that one spelled out for us). As the board's never ending schizophrenic victim (today I'm African American, yesterday I was a Jew with Aspergers, tomorrow I'll play the Native American card), no one here in the least is surprised that you experience butt hurt over this woman's witty reply to this student.

PS...the student nor her family complained about the incident. From the article above: "The student later wrote that he didn’t mind Nash’s original reply and didn’t take it personally."

Seems your *** is chaffed far more than the supposed victim's.

Oh! the kid said he liked it.......what was I thinking? Carry on turd.

And of course carry on mocking my ethnicity. I never have engaged in victimhood in any form in my life, but keep peddling your strawman you racist POS.

I am not sure what the big deal is. I don't see it as mocking children. You shouldn't have to be in school to learn.

And of course carry on mocking my ethnicity. I never have engaged in victimhood in any form in my life

LMAO, what we pick on are your schizophrenic ethnic changes - Jew one day, jive-faking black under another alias another, American Indian the following week...with AS on top of it to boot. None of which you are or have, we are sure.

And yeah, many times you've used these varying personas to play the victim.

It's what you Libtards do.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Those are a whole bunch of ASSumptions for just one CONservative dumbass. So you think mocking children is a good thing? And that when King Trump takes office in a few days this type of behavior will be acceptable?

Some of you Trump Chumps© are so loathsome and ignorant it defies any attempt at giving you the benefit of the doubt.

No, like the person from the school we immediately come to a conclusion and decide what we must do is mock and humiliate publicly .

She deserved getting fired, and as a bonus a kick in the *** on the way out.

As far as your king, he's going to have his hands full just avoiding impeachment in the next few months.

You Sir, are a puss willy!

I had a principal swat me once. It was that or he called my mom. I picked the big wooden paddle with holes in it hanging on his wall behind his desk. It was much less painful than the alternative.

Getting paddled was a right of passage. When I got mine, I became one of the cool kids.

Oh! the kid said he liked it.......what was I thinking? Carry on turd.

And of course carry on mocking my ethnicity. I never have engaged in victimhood in any form in my life, but keep peddling your strawman you racist POS.

giphy.gif

laughing-gifs-taylor-swift.gif

giphy.gif

Sanford_Son_Laughing.gif

raw

laughing-gif-gifs.gif

Last edited: