• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So how come?..

I think it's partially the type of food you can afford but partially a cultural thing.

Sometimes I watch that show "My 600 pound life" admittedly that's the extreme but the quantities of food people put on their plate, the amount of fast food they order and the amount of desserts and soda they eat and drink is just mind boggling. It would be much cheaper to eat normal amounts of healthy food than massive quantities of cheap food.

No, poor people are obese for the same reason they're poor. They're either too stupid and lazy to improve their lives or just don't give a **** or a combination of the two.

Judgmental much??

I know skinny poor people and I know overweight rich people. Laziness knows no economic class.

I think it's partially the type of food you can afford but partially a cultural thing.

Sometimes I watch that show "My 600 pound life" admittedly that's the extreme but the quantities of food people put on their plate, the amount of fast food they order and the amount of desserts and soda they eat and drink is just mind boggling. It would be much cheaper to eat normal amounts of healthy food than massive quantities of cheap food.

Couple months ago we did the funeral for a guy i grew up with. I hadn't seen him in years and he was skinny when we were kids but now he weighed 500 pounds (for real, that's not an exaggeration) AND he was autopsied. You don't want to know what it was like to fix him up.
Casual observation as a funeral director tells me that we never do funerals for obese people in their 80's and 90's because if you're obese you don't live to be 80 or 90.

That show is disgusting. Those morbidly obese people are disgusting. Expecting pity because they're too fat ..the next moment they're stuffing their faces with Big Macs and fries. I could never watch that show all the way through. I detest those people, don't feel sorry for them one iota. They're self made freaks.

That show is disgusting. Those morbidly obese people are disgusting. Expecting pity because they're too fat ..the next moment they're stuffing their faces with Big Macs and fries. I could never watch that show all the way through. I detest those people, don't feel sorry for them one iota. They're self made freaks.

A little compassion can go a long way in life. Being that obese and continuously eating out of control is a symptom of mental illness or at the very least substituting food for something else that is lacking in their lives. It's very easy to say someone is a disgusting waste or they deserve what they get, but I always hope that as people get older they develop some compassion for other people even if they can't understand their problems. Those people aren't doing that because they are happy trust me. I think it's very similar to a drug or alcohol addiction.

TRUTH. You can get 10 packs of Ramen noodles for a buck..... but a buck won't even buy a head of lettuce.

I grow my own 24/7 365. They come in at about 40 cents per head

I grow my own 24/7 365. They come in at about 40 cents per head

I have thought about gardening, but I don't eat enough to justify having a garden. But yeah, if it were feasible for me to grow my own stuff, I would. We bought 3 chicks 3 weeks ago. Going to try the farm fresh egg thing and see if we can save money (and sell some eggs on the side).

A little compassion can go a long way in life. Being that obese and continuously eating out of control is a symptom of mental illness or at the very least substituting food for something else that is lacking in their lives. It's very easy to say someone is a disgusting waste or they deserve what they get, but I always hope that as people get older they develop some compassion for other people even if they can't understand their problems. Those people aren't doing that because they are happy trust me. I think it's very similar to a drug or alcohol addiction.

I agree, it's very similar to addiction. Even the excuses they make, the denial...they go into the doctor and try to tell him they are eating right and just can't understand why they aren't losing weight, even after they've been filmed eating horribly.

Having grown up with two addicts though it's not always easy to feel compassion for someone who is actively killing themselves and making everyone else's lives miserable and just won't stop doing it.

Having grown up with two addicts though it's not always easy to feel compassion for someone who is actively killing themselves and making everyone else's lives miserable and just won't stop doing it.

I think it makes it easier for me to feel compassion knowing more about how there is, really, something that drives them and how tough it is to break that cycle.

We have been pretty successful at getting large numbers of people to quit smoking. Obesity and drug addiction, not so much.

Throw the addicts and users/dealers in jail...they did that **** with black and brown folks....do it to the Anglos too.......lock em up, throw away the key. **** that "they need help so lets save em".....