• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So, if the President signs this spending bill

IS this bill a win for the President?

• Total voters

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Is it a win? He is not getting all that he wants, but he is getting something after Democrats declared "not one penny." On top of that, I am curious to see what else the RINO's in congress caved on. Should be interesting.

So, chime in....did he win?

Is it a win? He is not getting all that he wants, but he is getting something after Democrats declared "not one penny." On top of that, I am curious to see what else the RINO's in congress caved on. Should be interesting.

He compromised, like he normally does in these situations. He views all of these issues as business negotiations, like any businessman would. Which is why he gets more done than the average politician.

While I agree he compromised (grudgingly, no doubt, providing he actually signs this bill), without googling, I cannot name another compromise he has made. On anything. But then, I have kinda tuned out of politics lately. Unless you are referring to his business dealings, then I will defer to you because I don't know a lot about his businesses.

The USA citizens win if he signs the bill. We've lost more citizens to murder at the hands of illegal immigrating than we have lost people on some of our wars.

Trump blew his opportunity when he had the majority in Congress. LOSS

Trump managed to get some border security, with Democrats controling Congress. WIN.

I think we have to wait to see the finished product, and how well it works. Something is better than nothing, and he can always declare an emergency. So I'll say its a win, that could become better depending on how its augmented.

Ted Cruz said make convicted Mexican drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzmán pay for it. U.S. prosecutors are seeking $14 billion in drug profits and other assets from El Chapo. Ted Crux says, use this money to pay for the wall. border security. An excellent idea.

Nothing for DACA people. That's a loss for the left. The left loves to use DACA people as pawns.

Sounds like he's gonna do it

I'm all for getting my $1000 back in taxes on schedule, I don't want any slowdown, yes, go ahead and sign it, don't really care about anyone's perception

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

Was just presented the concept and parameters of the Border Security Deal by hard working Senator Richard Shelby. Looking over all aspects knowing that this will be hooked up with lots of money from other sources....

....Will be getting almost $23 BILLION for Border Security. Regardless of Wall money, it is being built as we speak!

Last edited:

Well, that was McConnell and Ryan's fault. No one in D.C. in either party really wants a wall except for Trump.
Agree, something is better than nothing. Take what you can get and work on more later.

I say a win. The fact that he got anything shows how afraid the Dems are of another shutdown. The fact that Trump's approval rating continues to grow has the Dems backpeddling. The Dems are a fractured party right now, and Trump knows it. He should have a new AG by day's end. He will find more border wall funding....count on it.

Winning. Not tired yet.

Trump managed to get some border security, with Democrats controling Congress. WIN.

A couple things.

1) Agree, but I think the blame also falls on congress and maybe more so. They had opportunities to do so many things, and let themselves get bullied and shamed out of most of it.

2) Democrats do not control Congress. They control the House of Representatives. Republicans control the Senate. Combined the Senate and the House make up Congress.

A couple things.

1) Agree, but I think the blame also falls on congress and maybe more so. They had opportunities to do so many things, and let themselves get bullied and shamed out of most of it.

2) Democrats do not control Congress. They control the House of Representatives. Republicans control the Senate. Combined the Senate and the House make up Congress.

Right. Trump had both houses in Congress for two years. This bill could have been passed without one Democratic vote, had Trump and Congress acted. That was a failure.

Democrats quietly know this is a winning issue, so they are happy just to do the minimum and let the press mock that Trump did not get what he asked for.

Trump should take the deal, and the second one new crime happens against an American, declare the national emergency. I do like Ted Cruz's idea, but I think the house would have to vote on it.

I say no because now he will have to declare a state of emergency and there will be another circus, but this time in the courts.

Right. Trump had both houses in Congress for two years. This bill could have been passed without one Democratic vote, had Trump and Congress acted. That was a failure

I don't think they would of got the support in the Senate. There are/was some people in the Senate that call themselves republicans but clearly aren't.

Federal workers could see 1.9 percent pay increase in bill to avoid shutdown

so I get a retirement pay increase too?

cool

Veterans, military retirees will see a 2.8 percent COLA boost for 2019

WASHINGTON — Veterans receiving disability pay and military retirees will see a 2.8 percent cost-of-living boost starting in December, their largest increase in six years.

Social Security Administration officials announced that the cost-of-living adjustment for 2019 for their beneficiaries will be 2.8 percent, the biggest increase since 2012.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/pent...ercent-cola-boost-for-2019/?utm_source=clavis

Trump told Ryan to include wall money in the bill and that asshat didn't do it. Now he can have the Pentagon build the wall. They've got $10 billion just sitting there.

I don't see this as being a win or a loss for him. He had no choice, another shutdown would be worse for him than whatever compromises he's had to make. People who want the wall will blame Dems and people who don't want it will be glad he caved.

It's all going to be irrelevant (in terms of winning or losing) because if Mueller comes up with something on him he's done, but if he's vindicated his approval will skyrocket.

My understanding is there was 1.6 billion in it for the border before the 1st shutdown. Now there is 1.375 Billion in it for the border.
Call Geico, we've found a new Caveman for them.

My understanding is there was 1.6 billion in it for the border before the 1st shutdown. Now there is 1.375 Billion in it for the border.
Call Geico, we've found a new Caveman for them.

Crazy Nancy and Cryin' Chuck said he would not get one single dollar for a wall. Now he has $1.375 billion plus other sources to fund the wall. Winning.

Its a start. I understand he will have more leverage in December with respect to sequestration. The thought is that the Dems would not hold up billions for their pork projects so as to keep him from securing the border.

I heard something interesting thing a few days ago. The guy on the radio said we should take El Chapos money and use part of it to build the wall. Then name it or a section of it after him. Makes sense. Perfect use of funds seized in illegal drug activity.

I don't think he compromised. I don't think he had much input at all to the process. The Reps compromised. He'll sign it and go get the rest of the money some other way. The Dems can no longer say it's evil or racist. They funded it.

I heard there is a stipulation that any new wall has to built with these funds has to use existing designs. What a bunch of assmunches. He'll go get his own money and his own designs.

Yes, it’s a win. He is actually building the wall. The Dems are against the wall because they think if they can stop it, that will make Trump voters abandon him.

The problem with that is Trump is doing all of this very publicly. It is clear that he is doing all that he can on his end to get this done.

This bill is a big F you to President Trump. Veto and finish the wall with a declaration of national emergency or 10 USC - 284

10 U.S. Code § 284 - Support for counterdrug activities and activities to counter transnational organized crime
U.S. Code
Notes
prev | next
(a)Support to Other Agencies.—The Secretary of Defense may provide support for the counterdrug activities or activities to counter transnational organized crime of any other department or agency of the Federal Government or of any State, local, tribal, or foreign law enforcement agency for any of the purposes set forth in subsection (b) or (c), as applicable, if—
(1) in the case of support described in subsection (b), such support is requested—
(A) by the official who has responsibility for the counterdrug activities or activities to counter transnational organized crime of the department or agency of the Federal Government, in the case of support for other departments or agencies of the Federal Government; or
(B) by the appropriate official of a State, local, or tribal government, in the case of support for State, local, or tribal law enforcement agencies; or
(2) in the case of support described in subsection (c), such support is requested by an appropriate official of a department or agency of the Federal Government, in coordination with the Secretary of State, that has counterdrug responsibilities or responsibilities for countering transnational organized crime.
(b)Types of Support for Agencies of United States.—The purposes for which the Secretary may provide support under subsection (a) for other departments or agencies of the Federal Government or a State, local, or tribal law enforcement agencies, are the following:
(1) The maintenance and repair of equipment that has been made available to any department or agency of the Federal Government or to any State, local, or tribal government by the Department of Defense for the purposes of—
(A) preserving the potential future utility of such equipment for the Department of Defense; and
(B) upgrading such equipment to ensure compatibility of that equipment with other equipment used by the Department.
(2) The maintenance, repair, or upgrading of equipment (including computer software), other than equipment referred to in paragraph (1) for the purpose of—
(A) ensuring that the equipment being maintained or repaired is compatible with equipment used by the Department of Defense; and
(B) upgrading such equipment to ensure the compatibility of that equipment with equipment used by the Department.
(3) The transportation of personnel of the United States and foreign countries (including per diem expenses associated with such transportation), and the transportation of supplies and equipment, for the purpose of facilitating counterdrug activities or activities to counter transnational organized crime within or outside the United States.
(4) The establishment (including an unspecified minor military construction project) and operation of bases of operations or training facilities for the purpose of facilitating counterdrug activities or activities to counter transnational organized crime of the Department of Defense or any Federal, State, local, or tribal law enforcement agency within or outside the United States.
(5) Counterdrug or counter-transnational organized crime related training of law enforcement personnel of the Federal Government, of State, local, and tribal governments, including associated support expenses for trainees and the provision of materials necessary to carry out such training.
(6) The detection, monitoring, and communication of the movement of—
(A) air and sea traffic within 25 miles of and outside the geographic boundaries of the United States; and
(B) surface traffic outside the geographic boundary of the United States and within the United States not to exceed 25 miles of the boundary if the initial detection occurred outside of the boundary.
(7) Construction of roads and fences and installation of lighting to block drug smuggling corridors across international boundaries of the United States.

Been many news stories lately about drug busts at the border. Point to those and flip the bird to the uniparty douches. Build the wall President Trump and let the people decide who was right next election.

Right. Trump had both houses in Congress for two years. This bill could have been passed without one Democratic vote, had Trump and Congress acted. That was a failure.

The problem is that too many Republicans would not support funding the wall.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...changed/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.49593259ee76

That was not a Trump thing, it was a Paul Ryan thing. Don't see how anyone can blame Trump because House Republicans, as too often happens, refused to do what the voters wanted.