• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So...

That article is the kind of info I'm looking for. I just started seeing these commercial properties and I'm wondering if there have always been this many available? Or is this something new due to the impending economic disaster many are predicting?

Though the article seems to lean on the pandemic and the increase of working remotely that is making commercial properties less necessary. But how does that translate to properties like Starbucks, Wendy's, Chipotle? Those are not businesses that can operate remotely.

I've also been seeing a disproportionate number of Dollar Generals on these sites, which has me curious. Is that business in trouble? Shouldn't it do well in a down economy?

This whole thing feels like a trap. On the other hand, if someone has that kind of money, wouldn't they do better in the market than settling for 5% or 6% for 10-20 years?

You can pay whatever you want.
It’s a direct stock purchase. Minimum is $10 to invest

I remember seeing it became like $80 = 1 whole share. I need to look into it more.
When I first started working for CVS, their employee stock purchase program (ESPP) offered 15% off the lower of the two prices on the first day and last day of each six month period. It was a no-brainer, you get 15% more than you pay as long as the price doesn't go down. The only catch was you can't sell those shares for two years. I maxed out and did pretty well, helped me build my house. Not sure what their terms are now, that was a while ago.

You really should get to know what the terms are for Amazon's ESPP and take full advantage. Their stock is pretty far off its highs, so might be a good time to max out if you can afford to. Even if it doesn't take off, you're not likely to get hurt too badly. Worth the risk imo, if they offer a discount.

I mean, if you could buy a $100+ share for $80, you should take the max benefit of that.

But I'm not your dad. You do you. ;-)

When I first started working for CVS, their employee stock purchase program (ESPP) offered 15% off the lower of the two prices on the first day and last day of each six month period. It was a no-brainer, you get 15% more than you pay as long as the price doesn't go down. The only catch was you can't sell those shares for two years. I maxed out and did pretty well, helped me build my house. Not sure what their terms are now, that was a while ago.

You really should get to know what the terms are for Amazon's ESPP and take full advantage. Their stock is pretty far off its highs, so might be a good time to max out if you can afford to. Even if it doesn't take off, you're not likely to get hurt too badly. Worth the risk imo, if they offer a discount.

I mean, if you could buy a $100+ share for $80, you should take the max benefit of that.

But I'm not your dad. You do you. ;-)
Thanks for the input.