• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Something brewing in the M.E.? 'Qatar flight ban begins as Gulf crisis grows'

Let these "kings" work it out.
Exactly. That's why it was such a stupid and unneccesary move by Trump to dive head first into the frey and start tweeting like a coked-up teenager, taking sides against Qatar. Just a dumb, dumb move on his part, given the status of our troops there on the ground. Surely you can see that.

Last edited:
That's not my take on it. It's yet another indication Russia continues to be incredibly active around the world with intrusive, subversive psy-ops. Perhaps this will be a lesson for Trump to tread more cautiously through the minefield that is the ME. His move to suddenly turn on Qatar - a supposed long-time ally and host of our largest ME military base - is point-blank reckless, at the minimum.

Here is a sober, reserved analysis of what this latest Russian hacking could mean, from The Atlantic.

</section>

You know what Tibs, I can agree with you on this, with a barb at the end you won't like. Russia has been incredibly active around the world as long as we've all been alive. They've been a constant threat, while at times somewhat ally, but one we needed to sleep with one eye open with. They have been into the spy business since the days of the KGB. Like the United States, they actively work to affect the elections of foreign government subversively (yes we do the same thing). They are behaving in ways I'm not comfortable with in the Ukraine and other parts of the world. I don't trust Putin and I don't trust them in the ME. He's former KGB. I do think there's potential with Russia for us to repair relations. I'd rather be allies than enemies.

That said, these problems with Russia aren't new and didn't begin 7 months ago. Where was Obama? His 8 years in foreign policy was a disaster. HE didn't deal with Russia. Now the beast has grown and needs to be dealt with diplomatically and through intelligence.

He was also President when the 2016 elections occurred and during all of the run up to it. Let's just say that the John Podesta-created Russia Hacked the Election theory were true. That happened under Obama, no one else.

Let's hope Trump can clean up a lot of these problems that were ignored or simply overlooked.

Let's hope Trump can clean up a lot of these problems that were ignored or simply overlooked.

Unless of course he's implicated for being fully aware of and complicit with Russian counter intelligence efforts. ;)

The Resistance Report? Really? Really?
You're falling into the 'Superman' trap, that is rejecting information out of hand and attacking the source. Re-read what the article said. It's simply statements made by the Defense Dept. Are you suggesting the Defense Department didn't make those statements yesterday? It then quotes Trump's tweets directly, word for word. Are you suggesting Trump did not send out those tweets?

I don't even know where to put this, or start a new thread or what. There seems to be a new ISIS terrorist attack every ******* day of the week. Not sure what's going on, but the idea that ISIS is being twarted or even contained is a pipe dream. And wait, Saudi Arabia? But they're the good guys we just signed an $100+ billions arms deal with. We're basically handing weapons to ISIS now?

1706071028-Twin-Terror-Attacks-In-Tehran-Iran.jpg

At least 12 killed in militant attack in Iran, Guards blames Saudi Arabia

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...605&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Suicide bombers and gunmen attacked the Iranian parliament and the Mausoleum of Ayatollah Khomeini in Tehran on Wednesday, killing at least 12 people in a twin assault which Iran's Revolutionary Guards blamed on regional rival Saudi Arabia.

Islamic State claimed responsibility and released a video purporting to show gunmen inside the parliament building.

The attacks took place at a particularly charged time after Saudi Arabia and other Sunni powers cut ties with Qatar on Monday, accusing it of backing Tehran and militant groups.

They were the first claimed by the hardline Sunni Muslim militant group inside in the tightly controlled Shi'ite Muslim country. Islamic State has regularly threatened Iran, one of the powers leading the fight against the militants’ forces in neighboring Iraq and, beyond that, Syria.

The powerful Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps accused Saudi Arabia of being behind the action, a rare such incident in Iran.

"This terrorist attack happened only a week after the meeting between the U.S. president (Donald Trump) and the (Saudi) backward leaders who support terrorists. The fact that Islamic State has claimed responsibility proves that they were involved in the brutal attack," a Guards statement said.

HOLY WAR!

Iran’s Guards says Saudi Arabia behind deadly attacks in Tehran

Iran’s Revolutionary Guards say Saudi Arabia was behind twin attacks in Tehran on Wednesday that killed at least 12 people and injured 43, a statement published by the Guards said.

Terrorists disguised themselves as women and entered Iranian parliament through the door for ordinary people

The attacks were the first claimed by the hardline Sunni Muslim militant group in the tightly controlled Shi’ite Muslim Iran.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/07/irans-guards-says-saudi-arabia-behind-deadly-attacks-in-tehran.html

-----------------------------

Terrorist supporters now being terrorized!

Let ‘em all kill each other and let Allah sort it out?

Not sure what's going on, but the idea that ISIS is being twarted or even contained is a pipe dream. And wait, Saudi Arabia? But they're the good guys we just signed an $100+ billions arms deal with. We're basically handing weapons to ISIS now?

First of all, the Saudi Royal Family had nothing to do with this. ISIS is losing ground in Syria/Iraq. They are leaving their caliphate, and heading back to their home countries. They then take the fight to their homelands. If any American jihadis return, they should be arrested, tried for treason, and executed.

I don't even know where to put this, or start a new thread or what. There seems to be a new ISIS terrorist attack every ******* day of the week. Not sure what's going on, but the idea that ISIS is being twarted or even contained is a pipe dream. And wait, Saudi Arabia? But they're the good guys we just signed an $100+ billions arms deal with. We're basically handing weapons to ISIS now?
This is why it's important to keep all Muslims out.

This is why it's important to keep all Muslims out.

You dirty, racist xenophobe.

Just wait, Tibselftardlodyte will be along shortly to give you a hundred reasons to hug a Muslim, ESPECIALLY if you're gay. OMG, they love gay people, have you heard? Just don't hug them on top of a building (so someone told me).

Muzzies just being Muzzies

Ramadan Rage 2017: The Complete List of Jihadist Attacks Around the World

Some of the terrorist attacks during Ramadan 2017 include:

May 27 — Charchino, Afghanistan — Group fighting in favor of imposing Islamic law ambushes checkpoint, kills 11.
May 27 — Qadis, Afghanistan — Taliban kills 14, injures 17.
May 27 — Khost, Afghanistan — Taliban suicide bomber targets U.S-backed National Defense and Security Forces, killing 18, wounding 6 others, including children.
May 27 — Kacha Khuh, Pakistan — “Honor Killing” — Brother hacks 18-year-old sister with axe to death for denying to abide by pre-arrange marriage.
May 27 — Marawi, Philippines — Jihadists kill 19 including women and a child.
May 28 — Marawi, Philippines — Jihadists murder 8 for “having betrayed their faith.”
May 28 — Ramo Adey, Somalia — Jihadists bury man to his neck, stone to death for adultery
May 28 — Mosul, Iraq — ISIS sets hospital ablaze and kills a dozen young people inside.
May 28 — Mosul, Iraq — ISIS kills at least 40 women and children trying to flee besieged city.
May 28 — Shirqat, Iraq — ISIS rocket attack kills three children and their parents.
May 28 — Gumsri, Nigeria — Boko Haram kills at least seven villagers.
May 28 — Shakhil Abad, Afghanistan — Islamic extremists kill district governor and his son inside their home.
May 28 — Baqubah, Iraq — Suicide bomber kills 3, injures up to 16 others outside court.
May 29 — Nguro, Nigeria — Boko Haram beheads five people.
May 29 — Ghat, Libya, — Suspected Islamic terrorists kill 1, injure 4.
May 29 — Shirqat, Iraq — Islamic shrapnel dismembers a child, injures 7.
May 29 — Baghdad, Iraq — 17 killed, 32 wounded — ISIS launches suicide attack against ice cream parlor frequented by families who were breaking their Ramadan fast.
May 29 — Baghdad, Iraq — 14 killed, 37 injured. ISIS attacked Shiites.
May 30 — Mattani, Pakistan — Islamist gun down four peace committee members.
May 30 — Peshawar, Pakistan — Suspected jihadist shoots leader of Afghan warlord Gulbuddin Hekmatyar’s Hezb-i-Islami group while he was leaving a mosque.
May 30 — Shifa, Iraq — Mass grave found with 60 ISIS torture victims, including women, elderly.
May 30 — al-Joura, Syria — ISIS mortar kills 14, including children.
May 30 — Bay Hassan, Iraq — ISIS kills 3 Iraqi guards, wounds six others.
May 30 — Baghdad, Iraq — Jihadists kill 7, injure 19 in a blast.
May 30 — Baqubah, Iraq — A bomb explosion at mosque kills 7, wounds 6.
May 30 — Hit, Iraq — Fedayeen suicide bomber kills 8, injures 10.
May 31 — Kaya, Nigeria —Boko Haram kills 14.
May 31 — Fafi, Kenya — Suspected al-Qaeda affiliate al-Shabaab burns down school, kills one teacher.
May 31 — Bab el-Beid, Iraq — Suicide bombers kill 3 civilians, including a child.
May 31 — Hit, Iraq — Shahid suicide bomber kills 3, injures 7.
May 31 — Mosul, Iraq — ISIS kills 34 for trying to leave the city.
May 31 — Mangai, Kenya — al-Qaeda-linked bombers kill 8.
May 31 — Kabul, Afghanistan — Suspected Haqqani Network kills at least 150, Wounds more than 460, including 11 Americans.
May 31 — Sinjar, Iraq — ISIS kills 2, injures 2.
June 01 — Abala, Niger — Jihadists kill 6 guards.
June 01 — Al-Hazm, Yemen — Terrorists kill 6, wound 15.
June 01 — Behsud, Afghanistan — Suicide bomber kills 1, wounds 4.
June 01 — Oldenburg, Germany — Muslim kills one for smoking during Ramadan and refusing to fast.
June 01 — Zanjili, Iraq — ISIS kills 7 for trying to flee caliphate.
June 02 — Kolofota, Cameroon — Islamist use two girls as suicide bombers killing 9 and wounding 30.
June 02 — Sidi Bouzid, Tunisia — Jihadist beheads one man.
June 03 — Marawi, Philippines — Islamic sniper kills 70-year-old man.
June 03 — Halabsah, Iraq — Four suicide bombers kill 1, injure 3
June 03 — London, England — Three Jihadists plow into pedestrians, then stab people, killing 7, injuring 48.
June 03 — Zanjili, Iraq — ISIS kills 43 for trying to flee caliphate.
June 03 — Lower Munda, India — Hizb-ul-Mujahideen kill 2 security troops, injure 4
June 03 — Nawabshah, Pakistan — Alleged victim’s brother-in-law kills two people for alleged adultery.
June 03 — Kabul, Afghanistan — Suicide bombers kill 20, injure 87
June 04 — Kandahar, Afghanistan — Afghan police insider attack leaves six dead, one injured
June 04 — Spini, Pakistan — Two Shiites from Hazara minority group killed.
June 04 — Talibul, Moula, Pakistan — “Honor Killing” — Father kills 18-year-old daughter for allegedly “having an affair.”
June 04 — Zanjili, Iraq — Wave of suicide bombers kills 32, injures 24.
June 04 — Quaidabad, Pakistan — Jihadis kill 1 barber.
June 05 — Melbourne, Australia — ISIS-linked migrant from Somalia kills man, takes prostitute hostage, an injures 4.
June 05 — Baghdad, Iraq — Terrorist mortar fired into family home dismembers 10-year-old boy, injures 4.
June 06 — Lower Munda, India — Hizb-ul-Mujahideen kill 2 security troops, injure 4
June 06 — Paris, France — Jihadist wounds cop with a hammer outside Notre Dame cathedral.
June 06 — Herat, Afghanistan — Terrorist kill 7, injure another 16 near the northern gate of the Great Mosque of Herat.
June 06 — Garissa, Kenya — Suspected al-Qaeda affiliate al-Shabaab jihadists kill 4 aid workers with land mine.
June 07 — Mosul, Iraq — Islamic State massacres 160 civilians trying to flee city, according to United Nations.
June 07 — Tehran, Iran — Sunni ISIS gunmen, suicide bombers attack Shiite country’s parliament and shrine to its revolutionary leader, kills 12, wounding up to 42.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-s...-complete-list-jihadist-attacks-around-world/

Suicide bombers and gunmen attacked the Iranian parliament and the Mausoleum of Ayatollah Khomeini in Tehran on Wednesday, killing at least 12 people in a twin assault which Iran's Revolutionary Guards blamed on regional rival Saudi Arabia.

Islamic State claimed responsibility and released a video purporting to show gunmen inside the parliament building.

Couldn't happen to nicer people.

Muzzies just being Muzzies Ramadan Rage 2017: The Complete List of Jihadist Attacks Around the World

Saturday 28 January 2017 > Donald Trump signs executive order calling for a plan to defeat Isis within 30 days
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...utive-order-isis-defeat-30-days-a7551521.html

“At a rally in Greenville, North Carolina,” CNN reported, “Trump said that on day one of his presidency, he would convene his top generals and give what he called a ‘simple instruction’ to in 30 days submit to the Oval Office a plan for soundly and quickly defeating ISIS.

Seems to me the opposite is happening, based on Spike's list. ISIS terrorist attacks are literally happening each and every day, basically around the clock. How do you spell escalation of terrorism? This was the one area I thought Obama was weak on and actually supported Trump's stance during the election. The notion that he would take the fight to ISIS and deploy - in short order - his 'secret plan' to defeat ISIS.

I think at this stage it's fair to say there was no plan. In fact, there still may be no plan. Which frankly sucks.

Last edited:
Wonder if the plan is to stir em up so they can then be eliminated. Doesn't do much good to let them grow stronger in anonymity. They'll eventually surface on their own schedule and likely larger numbers

Wonder if the plan is to stir em up so they can then be eliminated. Doesn't do much good to let them grow stronger in anonymity. They'll eventually surface on their own schedule and likely larger numbers
Hey, that sounds like a plan. You may be on to something. This is one area I hope Trump succeeds 100%. Eliminate or at least significantly diminish these ******** terrorists.

The world definitely needs the help of the Arab world to make it happen. If they can isolate the bad guys to one or two nations that harbor/support them then we can get down to the type of larger scale war we do better with.

Wow, just wow. So a few days after tweeting this:

“During my recent trip to the Middle East I stated that there can no longer be funding of Radical Ideology. Leaders pointed to Qatar—look!”

“So good to see the Saudi Arabia visit with the King and 50 countries already paying off. They said they would take a hard line on funding extremism, and all reference was pointing to Qatar. Perhaps this will be the beginning of the end to the horror of terrorism!”

Now we get this:

<header class=""> Trump speaks to Qatar's emir, offers to help resolve regional conflict
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/07/trump-qatar-emir-239252?cmpid=sf </header>
President Donald Trump spoke to Qatar's Emir Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al-Thani on Wednesday amid a diplomatic falling-out in the region over accusations the Qatari government supported terrorist organizations.

"The President emphasized the importance of all countries in the region working together to prevent the financing of terrorist organizations and stop the promotion of extremist ideology," the White House said in a statement.

Trump emphasized the importance of reconciliation, saying a strong United States-Gulf Cooperation Council relationship is critical to fighting terrorism and maintaining regional stability.

Trump also offered to host Qatar and other disputing nations in Washington if it would help resolve their differences, the White House said.

If you can't see the blatant inconsistency, the double-speak and point-blank contradictory positions here, all within the span of a few days, you are truly blind to this world.

Defend Trump all you want, but this is pure madness. Perhaps Trump got wind - from his own people in the Defense Dept - that the Qatar crisis may have been sparked by a Russian hacked plant in Qatar's newsfeeds. Regardless, the about-face is stunning and unprecedented in US foreign policy. We are living in dangerous times indeed, and not for the reasons many of you believe. The US presidency is the source of this newfound danger. And it has to stop asap.

You know what Tibs, I can agree with you on this, with a barb at the end you won't like. Russia has been incredibly active around the world as long as we've all been alive. They've been a constant threat, while at times somewhat ally, but one we needed to sleep with one eye open with. They have been into the spy business since the days of the KGB. Like the United States, they actively work to affect the elections of foreign government subversively (yes we do the same thing). They are behaving in ways I'm not comfortable with in the Ukraine and other parts of the world. I don't trust Putin and I don't trust them in the ME. He's former KGB. I do think there's potential with Russia for us to repair relations. I'd rather be allies than enemies.

That said, these problems with Russia aren't new and didn't begin 7 months ago. Where was Obama? His 8 years in foreign policy was a disaster. HE didn't deal with Russia. Now the beast has grown and needs to be dealt with diplomatically and through intelligence.

He was also President when the 2016 elections occurred and during all of the run up to it. Let's just say that the John Podesta-created Russia Hacked the Election theory were true. That happened under Obama, no one else.

I agree with most of this, but to be fair. Obama did hit Russia with sanctions, and I believe he did it more than once.

Update on Qatar.

Al Jazeera hack: Publisher under cyber attack on all websites, Facebook and Twitter pages
The Independent Online

A source at the station says it is combatting an ongoing hack of its cyber security, but all entities were still operational

<figure itemprop="associatedMedia image" itemscope="" itemtype="http://schema.org/ImageObject" class="featured-media medium-width"> <source media="(min-width: 620px) and (max-width: 929px)"> <source media="(min-width: 930px) and (max-width: 1239px)"> <source media="(min-width: 1240px)">
rexfeatures_1292015ah.jpg
<figcaption itemprop="description" class="caption"> The newsroom at al-Jazeera which has suffered from a cyber attack Rex Features </figcaption> </figure> The al-Jazeera media network has been hit with a "cyber attack on all systems, websites and social media platforms", the Qatar based broadcaster has said.
A source at the station said it was combatting an ongoing hack of its cyber security, but all entities were still operational.

Al Jazeera is a right-wing news organization compared to our MSM

More chaos and mayhem from the Trump administration.

President Trump Just Directly Contradicted His Secretary of State
http://time.com/4813247/donald-trump-contradict-rex-tillerson-qatar/?xid=homepage

President Donald Trump directly contradicted Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on how to handle Qatar, speaking one after the other in the same afternoon.

In a joint press conference with Romanian President Klaus Iohannis, Trump touted a recent blockade of Qatar by neighboring countries as a success in his recent foreign trip. "The nation of Qatar, unfortunately, has historically been a funder of terrorism at a very high level," Trump said Friday. "Nations came together and spoke to me about confronting Qatar over its behavior. So we had a decision to make. Do we take the easy road, or do we finally take a hard but necessary action? We have to stop the funding of terrorism."

But earlier the same day, Tillerson said the opposite, urging an end to the blockade. "We call on the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Egypt to ease the blockade against Qatar," Tillerson said, just before he attended Trump's press conference. "There are humanitarian consequences to this blockade... The blockade is also impairing U.S. and other international business activities in the region and has created a hardship on the people of Qatar and the people whose livelihoods depend on commerce with Qatar. The blockade is hindering U.S. military actions in the region and the campaign against ISIS."

Both statements come less than a week after Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates and Egypt cut diplomatic and transport ties with Qatar. The conflicting messages coming out of the White House and State Department show the Trump Administration may lack a cohesive strategy for the United States' complicated relationship with the Gulf nation.

Whatever the **** is going on here, these leaders need to get on the same page.

This is bizzare. Why would Ashcroft take a job like that?

Qatar, Accused Of Supporting Terrorism, Hires Ex-U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft

U.S. President Donald Trump recently accused Qatar of being a “high level” sponsor of terrorism

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The government of Qatar has hired John Ashcroft, the U.S. attorney general during the Sept. 11 attacks, as it seeks to rebut accusations from U.S. President Donald Trump and its Arab neighbors that it supports terrorism.

Qatar will pay the Ashcroft Law Firm $2.5 million for a 90-day period as the country seeks to confirm its efforts to fight global terrorism and comply with financial regulations including U.S. Treasury rules, according to a Foreign Agents Registration Act, or FARA, filing on Friday with the Justice Department.

“The firm’s work will include crisis response and management, program and system analysis, media outreach, education and advocacy regarding the client’s historical, current and future efforts to combat global terror and its compliance goals and accomplishments,” according to a letter by Ashcroft firm partner Michael Sullivan included in the filing.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Yet the Saudis convinced Trump that Qatar is the problem. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SnowJob?src=hash">#SnowJob</a> <a href="https://t.co/kPm9tz58Ik">pic.twitter.com/kPm9tz58Ik</a></p>— Kenneth Roth (@KenRoth) <a href="https://twitter.com/KenRoth/status/873292606465245186">June 9, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Yet the Saudis convinced Trump that Qatar is the problem. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SnowJob?src=hash">#SnowJob</a> <a href="https://t.co/kPm9tz58Ik">pic.twitter.com/kPm9tz58Ik</a></p>— Kenneth Roth (@KenRoth) <a href="https://twitter.com/KenRoth/status/873292606465245186">June 9, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So the 4th most are right here in the USA. Thanks Obama, you piece of **** terrorist. Way to protect our country.