• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Sonnie Johnson

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Trumps round table on race relations, zSonnie ran away with it. Her passion is undeniable. If you get a chance, watch it.

I listen to Sonnie on Sirius XM. I like her.

I've tried to listen to her on Sirius but she's just too dramatic.

The whole round table was good. I enjoyed watching it.

The whole round table was good. I enjoyed watching it.

I did as well. She was the highlight of it for me, but the whole thing was good. I am sure it will be all over CNN tonight

Did you hear he trains in martial arts? He mentioned it once.

Ugh. I had him on for five minutes and he said something along the lines of "As someone trained in the arts, I am amazed at how untrained the cops are." He was talking about choke holds. He really needs his *** kicked in a street fight. Did you see that video of him (he showed it on his show) doing some bullshido move disarming a guy with a gun?

Hannity is an ok guy but he gets lost in the weeds at times. Should police be trained more? Probably some of them. I've seen cops so fat they couldn't catch a suspect if he were in a wheelchair with one wheel missing. But every single cop can't be 100% trained for 100% of the things he is going to face. Yes, hand to hand combat training would be good. But still it has to be paid for along with the thousands other things people want them to be train in. Then they still get paid peanuts.

Hannity is an ok guy but he gets lost in the weeds at times. Should police be trained more? Probably some of them. I've seen cops so fat they couldn't catch a suspect if he were in a wheelchair with one wheel missing. But every single cop can't be 100% trained for 100% of the things he is going to face. Yes, hand to hand combat training would be good. But still it has to be paid for along with the thousands other things people want them to be train in. Then they still get paid peanuts.

Yeah, I am fine with the general point Hannity was making - he is almost always directionally correct - it was his comical attitude. He came off like he was Bruce Lee reincarnated commenting on the masses so unfortunately unaware of his level of "the arts".

Cops should be training 20% of the time. Trained in tactics, situational awareness, psychology, and self defense.

Cops should be training 20% of the time. Trained in tactics, situational awareness, psychology, and self defense.

"Do MLB players have practice? - Quora. Not in the way school teams have practice no. ... During the season, teams play 162 games in a 186 days so there's really no time for a lot of full on full practice sessions but they do happen."

I'd imagine its that same for police, every day is real game time. Why do you need practice if you get real experience every day?

Ugh. I had him on for five minutes and he said something along the lines of "As someone trained in the arts, I am amazed at how untrained the cops are." He was talking about choke holds. He really needs his *** kicked in a street fight. Did you see that video of him (he showed it on his show) doing some bullshido move disarming a guy with a gun?

I bet he'd get dropped quick!

It's funny but this hasn't been the greatest year for him with clashing with the MI protesters, criticizing Bloomberg's Stop and Frisk, and going on an on about Covid dangers and bad police.

He gets lost in the weeds when he can't roll along with the Trump Train.

He was kinda like Cowher at the stage Ben came along. Really needs Trump's coat tails.

Also, he intrudes into Laura's time every night!

Last edited:

Absolutely! Any big city cop should be training hard all the time. The more you sweat in the gym, the less you bleed in battle.

I had a buddy of mine who after he got on with the Florida Highway Patrol..gained like 65 lbs in 8-10 months. Now he was former officer in the marine core, so he knew better. He's also 6'6" and was pushing 330 before he got his *** back in shape and dropped all that weight.

To his credit he was stuck at a rest area all night sitting in his patrol car watching movies and obviously eating too much.

Wrestling, jiu-jitsu,judo, aikido and something like pancrase with open hand striking is optimal. Getting comfortable being in uncomfortable in tense situations is something not everyone can do. And it still takes work to keep your.levels high.