• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Sports illustrated stops being a credible source.. lol

madinsomniac

Reaction score
So now that they are lending their name to rando bloggers who have less credibility than most posters here, I just cannot take anything they are saying seriously

Today one of their fansided posts was this drivel:

Xxxx://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/pittsburgh-steelers-george-pickens-accused-implicating-sexual-assault
( i disabled the link because he doesn’t deserve clicks…)

Think about that… it’s literally written to confuse people into thinking that Pickens was accused of something regarding sexual assault… the reality is a huge nothngburger… the police asked him about a teammate who had supposedly committed sexual assault and he basically confirmed tge guy was there and with that girl.

Wow. This kind of stuff should be punished… ive poked fun at people using headlines for clickbait before, but none of them have been so belligerent deceitful as this…

This should read George Pickens assists police in Sexual assault case… he shouldn’t be’”accused of anything.

So now that they are lending their name to rando bloggers who have less credibility than most posters here, I just cannot take anything they are saying seriously

Xxxx://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/pittsburgh-steelers-george-pickens-accused-implicating-sexual-assault

Think about that… it’s literally written to confuse people into thinking that Pickens was accused of something regarding sexual assault… the reality is a huge nothngburger… the police asked him about a teammate who had supposedly committed sexual assault and he basically confirmed tge guy was there and with that girl.

Wow. This kind of stuff should be punished… ive poked fun at people using headlines for clickbait before, but none of them have been so belligerent deceitful as this…

This should read George Pickens assists police in Sexual assault case… he shouldn’t be’”accused of anything.
They haven't been credible since the internet was popular.

So what his roommate was accused of rape. It not like Sports Illustrated reported that his DNA is on the rape kit.

Yeah. My cousin sent me the article. It basically bashes Pickens for just telling the police what he knew and gives a pass to the teammate who raped someone and is now accused of raping another person. Putrid article.

I hate the offseason
b283ac3a85bf9ca3b3814552b3ae419f.jpg

Thanks for the heads up I won't bother clicking on their garbage now that I am aware.

Welcome to the world of saturation sensationalizing crap, it’s all stinky……………………

Salute the nation

Yeah, but without SI, where can you get pictures of a guy wearing a bikini?!? Huh??

And goddammit, Supe, DO NOT text me photoshopped pictures of Coolie.

Oh it’s getting worse too.. today searching “Steelers News” I found two more trashy SI articles…both high on the news results and both equally obtuse…

One speculating that the Steelers are going to cut Mason Rudolph to get absolute surefire bust Malik Willis… probably because the author wanted Willis over Pickett at the draft

The other was the second article trying to suggest the Steelers are going to trade for Aaron Donald… which is beyond stupid on so many levels…

seriously … my future searches are going to be tagged with “-illustrated “

"George Pickens sues Sports Illustrated for slander." Would be the best headline.

Oh it’s getting worse too.. today searching “Steelers News” I found two more trashy SI articles…both high on the news results and both equally obtuse…

One speculating that the Steelers are going to cut Mason Rudolph to get absolute surefire bust Malik Willis… probably because the author wanted Willis over Pickett at the draft

The other was the second article trying to suggest the Steelers are going to trade for Aaron Donald… which is beyond stupid on so many levels…

seriously … my future searches are going to be tagged with “-illustrated “
Yes, I love this thread so much. SI now employs fan bloggers (much like SN) but they're complete trash. They have some type of agreement with Google that all of their stories populate at the top of Google. I know we do a little bit of clickbait but nearly every story from them is 250 words and only clickbait. It drives me nuts when our good stories can't get on Google but they do trash like that George Pickens one.

I am not sure if anybody would notice if Willis threw his passes left-handed.

Yes, I love this thread so much. SI now employs fan bloggers (much like SN) but they're complete trash. They have some type of agreement with Google that all of their stories populate at the top of Google. I know we do a little bit of clickbait but nearly every story from them is 250 words and only clickbait. It drives me nuts when our good stories can't get on Google but they do trash like that George Pickens one.
One day, folks just telling things like they are will be the way again.

Until then, it would be wonderful if titles to articles returned to the short, articulate summation of the content of the piece.

I edited my shocking condemnation of the word salad article title contortionists so as not to offend.