• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Starting to wonder about Russ

Don’t sell the Panthers short either 🤣
They passed on 2 1sts and a 2nd for Burns only to take a 2nd and a 5th 😂

Also traded away their only playmakers mcCaffrey and Moore for squat

Traded away draft capital for multiple dysfunctional QBs in their system too, they make Khan seem like pure genius with every move he makes

There are some really bad teams at trading, but it’s only a few. If you scan the bottom feeders of the league you’ll usually find your bad GMs

Yeah, but you can’t really blame GM Dan Morgan, or ever the previous one, Fitterer. Owner/Meddler Tepper is one that stirs the straw of boneheaded transactions.

Yeah, but you can’t really blame GM Dan Morgan, or ever the previous one, Fitterer. Owner/Meddler Tepper is one that stirs the straw of boneheaded transactions.
Fitterer definitely to blame as well
There is more than 1 idiot on that clown car

We’ll see what Morgan can do

For a second there, I thought you were talking about Lloyd, asking who our head coach is ???? SShhhheeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Salute the nation

I’ve got kin in Charlotte who are charter CAR fans. I’ve been told, of Fitterer’s player management recommendations, ALL were ignored by Tepper. His last year, he had no directive but to agree or just be a yes man, because Tepper was using his wife as a soundboard instead of the GM. Ironically, most of the fans felt that Teppers wife would be a better franchise executive than him. She is more rational, and less impulsive. However, she chose Young as well because she had a good a rapport with Young’s parents.

Dan Morgan may not be even given a chance to even turn the ship around. It’s rumored Diontae Johnson will be traded now. Why? Tepper may be meddling again. And no, we won’t get DJ back. We couldn’t even if we tried. NFL rules prevent it.

For a second there, I thought you were talking about Lloyd, asking who our head coach is ???? SShhhheeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Salute the nation

You know what Drink, maybe you are right. Is Fiji using his Jedi mind trick on his posts? Clown car and Lloyd are synonymous with each other (or is Fiji telling us that?) 🤔

Russ has suited up as the emergency QB the last few weeks. I'd bet he's well enough to play. He'll get even healthier if Fields starts throwing INTs
And their going to have to take the training wheels off very soon..
As soon as tomorrow night.. more than likely.

I’ve got kin in Charlotte who are charter CAR fans. I’ve been told, of Fitterer’s player management recommendations, ALL were ignored by Tepper. His last year, he had no directive but to agree or just be a yes man, because Tepper was using his wife as a soundboard instead of the GM. Ironically, most of the fans felt that Teppers wife would be a better franchise executive than him. She is more rational, and less impulsive. However, she chose Young as well because she had a good a rapport with Young’s parents.

Dan Morgan may not be even given a chance to even turn the ship around. It’s rumored Diontae Johnson will be traded now. Why? Tepper may be meddling again. And no, we won’t get DJ back. We couldn’t even if we tried. NFL rules prevent it.
I live in Charlotte,
Definitely have a bit of a finger on the pulse down here myself
Also know a couple people who work in the organization and a few of the local writers

Fitterer is not blameless
Mr “in on every deal” had dirt on his hands as well. He had more autonomy at the beginning but as his bad decisions piled up faith in him was lost by the meddler

Yes, Tepper meddles way too much
Fitterer was also garbage and owns some blame

Darnold (and the overpayment for) was all Scotty
Also was part of not dealing Burns from what I’m told

Strangely you’re right his wife is better at talent assessment as Chuba was her pick, hadn’t heard she was solely behind Bryce…find that hard to believe. She may have been a voice in the room though cuz she was on the plane that went to visit.

Allegedly Stroud was the guy until Tep came in, but Fitterer was the one who orchestrated the trade to #1 so they could get their guy no matter what, then they changed up for Bryce against the wishes of the HC and QB coach 🤦🏻‍♂️

The franchise is a mess for sure
Meddling owners and bad GMs are a helluva hurdle to success

Hopefully Dan gets more autonomy, but i doubt his leash is very long

Last edited:
I live in Charlotte,
Definitely have a bit of a finger on the pulse down here myself
Also know a couple people who work in the organization and a few of the local writers

Fitterer is not blameless
Mr “in on every deal” had dirt on his hands as well. He had more autonomy at the beginning but as his bad decisions piled up faith in him was lost by the meddler

Yes, Tepper meddles way too much
Fitterer was also garbage and owns some blame

Darnold (and the overpayment for) was all Scotty
Also was part of not dealing Burns from what I’m told

Strangely you’re right his wife is better at talent assessment as Chuba was her pick, hadn’t heard she was solely behind Bryce…find that hard to believe. She may have been a voice in the room though cuz she was on the plane that went to visit.

Allegedly Stroud was the guy until Tep came in, but Fitterer was the one who orchestrated the trade to #1 so they could get their guy no matter what, then they changed up for Bryce against the wishes of the HC and QB coach 🤦🏻‍♂️

The franchise is a mess for sure
Meddling owners and bad GMs are a helluva hurdle to success

Hopefully Dan gets more autonomy, but i doubt his leash is very long

Well if you are there too you’ve got all the access. That proud fan base is just getting dumped on by Tepper’s ego and ineptitude. What I want to know, and no one seems to want to answer is, after Rhule was canned did Fitterer back Steve Wilks or did Tepper just cut bait altogether. Most of the vets wanted Wilks to be given a shot, but a complete reset occurred.

Tepper’s wife has the chops for executive work, she’s a brilliant marketer from what I’ve been told. She’s had more involvement since the bad press Tepper got for shelving the Rock Hill development, which in itself was a pretty nasty divorce.

Morgan is a child of the franchise. Tepper better not **** on him for no reason or the fan base will turn on him like Dan Snyder.

Well if you are there too you’ve got all the access. That proud fan base is just getting dumped on by Tepper’s ego and ineptitude. What I want to know, and no one seems to want to answer is, after Rhule was canned did Fitterer back Steve Wilks or did Tepper just cut bait altogether. Most of the vets wanted Wilks to be given a shot, but a complete reset occurred.

Tepper’s wife has the chops for executive work, she’s a brilliant marketer from what I’ve been told. She’s had more involvement since the bad press Tepper got for shelving the Rock Hill development, which in itself was a pretty nasty divorce.

Morgan is a child of the franchise. Tepper better not **** on him for no reason or the fan base will turn on him like Dan Snyder.
Fan base has indeed already turned on him
Nobody respects the meddler
I go to games occasionally (like to root against the Bengals) when free tix or under $20 tix are available…which aren’t too hard to find down here.

Tep said he was a football guy, turns out he’s a futbol guy🤦🏻‍♂️

Wilkes definitely should have got a shot, I don’t know who made the call on that. Seemed like consensus to bring in an offensive minded coach to pair with an early QB pick and they filled the staff with a bunch of random has beens with deer in headlights Frank at the helm. That was a mess.

The appropriate move would’ve been to let the culture builder Wilkes, who had the guys in the locker room playing, have a shot on a 2-3 year deal and bring in an offensive minded coordinator
to run the Xs and Os.

Rock Hill was indeed a mess, another billionaire that doesn’t want to pay bills🤦🏻‍♂️
The only good thing that came from Rock Hill is Mason Rudolph 🤣

Oddly had they kept Wilkes, not traded all that away for Bryce they’d likely still have their playmakers as they wouldn’t have need to recoup draft collateral and could’ve slapped the pride of Rock Hill Mason Rudolph in as a starter and been serviceable in that weak division.

The combo of a GM that wanted in on every deal and a meddling owner started a raging dumpster fire.

Steelers were down 17-0 last week and almost won. That would not have happened the last several years.
2024 steelers are getting better.
But are we good enough for KC and buffalo........

Fan base has indeed already turned on him
Nobody respects the meddler
I go to games occasionally (like to root against the Bengals) when free tix or under $20 tix are available…which aren’t too hard to find down here.

Tep said he was a football guy, turns out he’s a futbol guy🤦🏻‍♂️

Wilkes definitely should have got a shot, I don’t know who made the call on that. Seemed like consensus to bring in an offensive minded coach to pair with an early QB pick and they filled the staff with a bunch of random has beens with deer in headlights Frank at the helm. That was a mess.

The appropriate move would’ve been to let the culture builder Wilkes, who had the guys in the locker room playing, have a shot on a 2-3 year deal and bring in an offensive minded coordinator
to run the Xs and Os.

Rock Hill was indeed a mess, another billionaire that doesn’t want to pay bills🤦🏻‍♂️
The only good thing that came from Rock Hill is Mason Rudolph 🤣

Oddly had they kept Wilkes, not traded all that away for Bryce they’d likely still have their playmakers as they wouldn’t have need to recoup draft collateral and could’ve slapped the pride of Rock Hill Mason Rudolph in as a starter and been serviceable in that weak division.

The combo of a GM that wanted in on every deal and a meddling owner started a raging dumpster fire.

So glad Art2 gave him the smackdown when Tepper said he would like to be involved in the football ops, since he was part of the ownership. Thought his Carnegie connections would mean anything. Art2 is more low key than his father was, but I would have loved to have been a fly on wall to see Tepper walk in to Dan Rooney’s office and say he should be allowed some input in football ops being a part owner. Dan, in his ever matter of fact tone, saying “you are a minority owner. You have the benefit of just receiving a nice dividend check while sitting in your private skybox.Thats all the input your going to give.”