• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steeler Nation Vidcast: Draft Discussion

For me it would have to be a 2nd in this thick draft, and I take it in a heartbeat.
for MIN to trade with us, it would cost their first and third. they don't have a second round pick. so we'd essentially drop back six spots and pick up a third.

Let's say we do that.

I would then package that 3rd from Minnesota - valued at 155 with the 32nd pick (top of the 2nd) valued at 590 and offer it to New Orleans for their first. Which would give NO four picks in Rounds 2 and 3 combined. You would "overpay" in terms of draft capital, but come out ahead in contracts.

Remember, 1st round picks are signed to a longer contract than other rounds. So, if I can trade down and get Deonte Banks at 23, then add Anton Harrison at 29, you've locked those dudes in for five years.

And the way Khan and Tomlin got giddy in the press conference when asked about picking first on Day 2, they are expecting a stupid draft value trade for that spot by a QB needy team. a 2nd, next year's 1st and other picks possibly. I've been calling this for 4 months, and I fully expect a trade down on day 2.

Also if we trade up in the 1st, you can be certain the #32 pick will not be part of it. They will use it to get picks back.

And the way Khan and Tomlin got giddy in the press conference when asked about picking first on Day 2, they are expecting a stupid draft value trade for that spot by a QB needy team. a 2nd, next year's 1st and other picks possibly. I've been calling this for 4 months, and I fully expect a trade down on day 2.

Also if we trade up in the 1st, you can be certain the #32 pick will not be part of it. They will use it to get picks back.
Hopefully this will happen with pick 32. But if there’s a great player sitting,let’s hope they stay put.

My 2 cents say that if there is a QB needy team,Philadelphia or KC are in a better position to trade than us. Someone swooping back into the first round for that 5 year contract. Either way it’s going to be interesting.

I think this is two fold. If say the Steelers trade up for a T, I think it is just short of a lock that 32 gets traded. If they don't they still might want to make up for missing a 5th and 6th. I want to say the odds of the team not making a trade this draft is in the slim area, and the odds of that 32nd pick being used even slimmer.

I think he quit. I also heard Berm signed on to consume what he isn't drinking per day.

I was mocking him on the drunk now comment HHaahhaaa

Now the berm taking over the consumption duty would be some very serious stuff !!

When you add drunk Cope’s consumption to an already existing “super human / tolerance” consumption total,………. I think Cope is going to have to kick in some $$$denar$$$ so berm can even afford it with out having to hit his great granpa’s trust fund (He’s been saving that for if by chance the LUXURY S10 comes up for sale).

Salute the nation