• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Absolutely Continue To Eye Punter Trade To Eagles After Keeping Two Punters On 53 Man Roster

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
Perhaps a bit under the radar, the Pittsburgh Steelers have had an ongoing punting competition this summer. Pressley Harvin III has manned the position for two seasons now, but it's come with plenty of inconsistencies. Because of that, the team brought in some legitimate competition to face him. That would be Braden Mann, who spent the first three years of his career punting for the New York Jets.

READ MORE

First thing I thought of when I saw Harvin and Mann on the final 53. Obvious that Eagles and maybe another team or two is waiting to see who's available. We'll see who blinks first (not literally MT).

First thing I thought of when I saw Harvin and Mann on the final 53. Obvious that Eagles and maybe another team or two is waiting to see who's available. We'll see who blinks first (not literally MT).
its possible the team asked us to hold him till tomorrow… i speculated that Gentry might not be subject to waivers so we might be pulling the old cut a vet and have him resign the next day move

I have been impressed by preseason Khan. I agree there’s an angle on the 2 punters. I don’t think Khan is done making moves up until the home opener

Harvin has been very unimpressive, but has had a good preseason. I hope that he is able to do it when it counts. On the other hand maybe we won't punt this year so it doesn't matter

Harvin has been very unimpressive, but has had a good preseason. I hope that he is able to do it when it counts. On the other hand maybe we won't punt this year so it doesn't matter

That’s my concern with Presley, how will he do when the “punts” actually count.

I think he will step it up just enough to say he is doing better, but there is better out there to replace him. We know what we’ve got and don’t want to take the chance of bringing in a worse punter.

That said, I hope PH3 will perform like he needs to, in order to keep his job.

Salute the nation

Punters take years to perfect there craft. Many don't make teams right out of college. He earned his spot this year. I will give him a chance he is just now entering the year most start to get it.