• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers All-Pro Snub Team

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
With the 2021-2022 All-Pro NFL teams being announced Friday, we are going to take a deep dive into a few players for the Pittsburgh Steelers that were snubbed of an All-Pro selection. Only two Steelers took home All-Pro honors this year with TJ Watt being selected as a unanimous First-Team All-Pro and Cam Heyward being voted as a First-Team All-Pro for the third time in his illustrious career. Below are three players that should have gotten more recognition than they were given:

1) Chris Boswell

Boswell consistently gets snubbed every year when it comes to post-season awards. Boswell’s numbers are always top two to three in the league, yet he never gets the respect he deserves. Since his down season in 2018, Boswell has a 92.3% accuracy on field goals which is second in the league. Over the course of Boswell’s six-year career, he has kicked at just under 90% accuracy which places him fourth all-time on the NFL career accuracy list. Yes, Justin Tucker is a machine and is deserving of the accolades he has earned, but the fact that Boswell did not get one single All-Pro vote is ludicrous. Boswell has been the second best kicker over the past six years in the entire league and has just one Pro Bowl nod over that time. The disrespect for the Wizard of Boz needs to stop.

2) Diontae Johnson

Johnson finally solidified himself as a WR1 over the course of the 2021-2022 season. The third-year pro turned in his best season to date reeling in 107 catches for 1,161 yards and 8 touchdowns. Johnson finished top 5 in catches, top 10 in yards and top 15 in touchdowns. However, even with all of that production, Johnson did not receive a single All-Pro vote. Johnson, who saw his production slip over the past couple games of the season, should have at least received some votes and certainly should have been a Pro Bowler. There were some spectacular seasons put together by receivers this year, but Johnson had a top five season this year among receivers and should have garnered more consideration from voters.

3) Najee Harris

The Steelers could not have asked for more from their first-round pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. Harris, a rookie from the University of Alabama, stepped in and made an immediate impact for the Steelers throughout the 2021-2022 season. Harris finished top 5 in rushing yards, top 15 in rushing touchdowns, top 2 in all-purpose yards from a running back, top 2 in receiving yards from a running back and first in receptions by a running back. However, even with all those statistics, did not receive a single vote for All-Pro. Harris, who dealt with a revolving door of average offensive line play, made the most of what he had and also was second in the league in broken tackles with 30. He also finished third with 675 yards after contact, which accounted for over half of his rushing yards. Harris solidified himself as a top tier running back this season and has a very bright career ahead of him that should include multiple All-Pro selections.

What were your biggest All-Pro snubs for the Steelers? Sound off in the comments below!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Zach, the title was a little mis-direction but the article brought it together very well. Thank You

I think minkah fitzpatric was the biggest snub of the entire NFL.

The BOZ will always be battling Tucker's leg stregnth. Najee will be overlooked until this offense becomes relevant but should get OROTY, wait and see.

Salute the nation

The BOZ will always be battling Tucker's leg stregnth. Najee will be overlooked until this offense becomes relevant but should get OROTY, wait and see.

On Boz and Najee I could not agree more. Boz will always be overshadowed by Tucker. That being said, not too shabby when the only person overshadowing you may be the best kicker in history. On Najee, Steelers fans can see each week the real talent he has and how well he has really done all things considered (i.e. the line and playing calling). The folks not watching the games (ever sports commentator), they just aren't going to know how good Najee is or give him enough credit until this offense rights itself and gets in the spotlight.

On Minkah, I am surprised he did not make it. He has had some consistency issues this year but still heads and tails above many of the others.

Zach, the title was a little mis-direction but the article brought it together very well. Thank You

Salute the nation
J Chase will likely take OROTY

DJ has the tools but he also has to overcome a lot before he arrives to a PB let alone All Pro selection

Naj had a decent year behind this thing we call an OH..line ..... truthfully I expected more ..... being a hardline Bama critic.... 0 fumbles is my favourite stat

If not for injury D Henry would have outclassed the field

Najee is all rookie. Bos would be all pro but it's impossible to dispute the Ravens kicker. Kind of a joke he wasn't second team. No one else is close. If I was picking it would be TJ and Heyward which it was.

Harris didn’t deserve any all pro this season… maybe next…

dionte is a top ten wr but for all pro you probably need to be top five

Boswell is the second best kicker but the issue is he is behind a divisional foe and because of personal biases its really hard to get enough all pro votes against a guy in your own division …. It was like how Farrior would get shunned despite great seasons because Ray Ray was in the division so urlacher or someone would have a lesser season yet get more votes from nfc writers…