• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers and Melvin Ingram Appear Ready to Split

The Steelers traded away their 4th, 5th, and 6th picks next year. I believe they have two in the 7th and are predicted to get a 3rd and 5th comp pick next year. Given the likely QB change next year, they probably want as many draft assets as possible to continue to rebuild the roster. They also have to be realistic that they aren't winning a championship this year. Try to max out of the value of a part-time player if you can.
I get that. But if we lose him as a free agent. We will get a comp pick for him

So off recent memories this has happened with blount, Harrison, burrnett, now ingram and maybe Ebron… anyone else I’m missing?
Yeah, but Tomlin is a "player's coach."

Bell and Brown were not exactly the same type of situations, but I'd throw them in there, too. Players just love playing for Tomlin. Until they don't.

Yeah, but Tomlin is a "player's coach."

Bell and Brown were not exactly the same type of situations, but I'd throw them in there, too. Players just love playing for Tomlin. Until they don't.
Yea, they were such great players for their coaches after they left here. At least Tomlin got them to produce.

What are you smoking. He can't even get a game day hat.
There is a technical reason to that… he doesn’t play special teams. The guy is just a backup outside corner back with deep speed … most of our guys aren’t going to cover down the field.. like norwood isn’t going to run step for step deep with a guy…

If something happens to Sutton haden or pierre then witherspoon plays… layne plays st

I get that. But if we lose him as a free agent. We will get a comp pick for him

Are you sure as I think we signed him only to a one year deal, faded memory fault possibility.

ATE y last two fresh out of garden toatoes yesterday, been on counter for nearly two weeks waiting to ripe.

Salute the nation

There is a technical reason to that… he doesn’t play special teams. The guy is just a backup outside corner back with deep speed … most of our guys aren’t going to cover down the field.. like norwood isn’t going to run step for step deep with a guy…

If something happens to Sutton haden or pierre then witherspoon plays… layne plays st
I will be shocked if Witherspoon is on this roster next fall.

Yea, they were such great players for their coaches after they left here. At least Tomlin got them to produce.
Yea, great point. AB has done nothing for Tampa.

Never mind that touchdown catch in the Super Bowl win last year, or the fact that he has 5 games with 90+ yards and 8 TDs in his last 9 regular season contests for the Bucs.