• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Announce Release Of Big 2023 Disappointments Mitch Trubisky, Pressley Harvin, And Chuks Okorafor

Harvin will probably sign with a new team and be a pro bowl punter next year. The curse of Tomlin

Started dieting the very same day as cut, thought Coach Tomlin was telling him to cut some weight, then he found out what happened.

Salute the nation

Never a losing season.
Greatest backup QB, punter, and OL ever.
How can they be cut?

As a punter you have zero excuse to not be in shape and not be on the top of your game. You have one simple ******* job. Kick the ball. You don't need anyone to train with, just a bunch of footballs.

Mitch was a no brainer

As a punter you have zero excuse to not be in shape and not be on the top of your game. You have one simple ******* job. Kick the ball. You don't need anyone to train with, just a bunch of footballs.

Mitch & HARVIN were both no brainers

Just clearing thinags up a bit.

Salute the nation

It’s almost as if the HC said if they need coaching up, we can’t help them.

This is a big part of it. Get some damn coaches that are great teachers. It benefits everyone. The players produce at a high level, which earns them big $$$ and the team reaps the rewards of you know maybe winning at the next level again.

They're certainly not going to win any championships with this current set up, you're not going to luck your way into beating the best teams who are operating like a well oiled machine.

If players would just come here as a polished Pro Bowl type players I’m certain Tomlin would then be able to misuse them properly
The killer B's just might agree...

I think it was more of a symbolic event to made Mason and his agent pay attention.
Mason is not that important in the big picture. It was two games against average opponents where he looked OK. He is what he is...what he always has been with slight improvement and can be replaced. His only advantage was his familiarity with the system but that is about to go out the window with Smith as OC. They will bring in a big/semi big name.

They will bring in a big/semi big name.
One can only hope.
Again---if we want to become somewhat relevant again...

One of 2 things must happen:
1. We sign Russell Wilson
2. Kenny blossoms and becomes a legit young franchise QB.

Which one is more likely to happen?
If you say neither---then its more of the same boys.

One can only hope.

Keep building the trenches until you make a move for rhe right QB if Pickett fails.

Will our new OC have a new playbook or will he have to use Tomlins playbook? If it's Tomlin playbook I don't think it matters who the players are.

Does anyone know anything about these 3 new coaches we have? I hope they have some chops and aren't just Tomlin family and friends.

We need 5 arms for camp. One udfa likely and a ufl arm. The others...who knows.

Will our new OC have a new playbook or will he have to use Tomlins playbook? If it's Tomlin playbook I don't think it matters who the players are.

Does anyone know anything about these 3 new coaches we have? I hope they have some chops and aren't just Tomlin family and friends.

The guy signed after his first interview, doubt he would sign that fast if he will be nothing but another Muppet for Tomlin. He should have a real voice in the O.

One can only hope.

Yeah, I mean it's a crap shoot at this point. I don't think Kenny is the guy, but I would love to eat a heaping helping of crow and dude becomes a legit franchise guy.

You would think they would give Smith a long leash as far as scheme and play calling, but if Mr. Rooney truly is as hands off as he claims when it comes to Tomlin then don't be surprised if we're served more of the same ol same ol. Rooney needed to lay down some ground rules as far as the OC's role and his level of control over the O.

You would think they would give Smith a long leash as far as scheme and play calling, but if Mr. Rooney truly is as hands off as he claims when it comes to Tomlin then don't be surprised if we're served more of the same ol same ol. Rooney needed to lay down some ground rules as far as the OC's role and his level of control over the O.
Being an ex head coach I think he will have total control over the O.

One can only hope.

Dude can scoot when he breaks the pocket and has some serious zip on the ball unlike Mason and baby hands.