• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Are Now Releasing Safety Keanu Neal After A Failed Physical

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers front office hasn't been playing around during the 2024 offseason, as Omar Khan and company just released their fifth player in Keanu Neal since the 2023 season ended. Neal joins Mason Cole, Mitch Trubisky, Chukwuma Okorafor and Pressley Harvin as players released so far in the 2024 offseason. Neal produced for Pittsburgh when he was on the field, but he missed the last nine weeks of the season due to injury.

READ MORE

Oh well! Can’t pass a physical then it’s time to move on.
I’m more concerned with moving on from dead wood like Allan Robinson and Patrick Peterson.
From what I heard both likely are going to be renegotiated and brought back for leadership and mentoring purposes..

Another hole to fill, wonder what the cap savings is from the cut…

From what I heard both likely are going to be renegotiated and brought back for leadership and mentoring purposes..
Robinson can't play, 34 catches, 280 yards. If his leadership was so important why not have Hines Ward on the roster? Because he can't play, what's the difference?

Unfortunately he made a crucial mistake taking that INT out of the end zone. He got smashed & injured on his under 20 yard INT return and it cost him his job & possibly his career.

NEVER take an interception out of the end zone

Robinson can't play, 34 catches, 280 yards. If his leadership was so important why not have Hines Ward on the roster? Because he can't play, what's the difference?
They obviously dont agree with that assessment... not saying it is incorrect, just they dont think that is true

Leadership and mentoring! Oh jeez! I thought the HC would supply that,
I’ll tell you what, it shouldn’t be any more than for veteran minimum if that’s why shades wants them.

Unfortunately he made a crucial mistake taking that INT out of the end zone. He got smashed & injured on his under 20 yard INT return and it cost him his job & possibly his career.

NEVER take an interception out of the end zone

Neal was decent in run support but not so much as a pass defender. We need a true SS that can support the run AND be somewhat effective at coverage. We really haven't had that since Troy. We must get Minkah back at the FS spot instead of having a nickel safety, we should employ a nickel LB that has coverage ability. Kazee is playing split/deep safety while Minkah plays up. Kazee plays way above his weight (174#) but he is not the answer either, imo.