• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers brass impressed with Malik Willis

I’m just not sold on any of these QBs for us in the first round. Build the OL and the DL first. I’m for going out in FA and getting a QB to compete with the two we already have. You guys know who I’ve been pumping, old Mitch. He would beat these two out and think he’d do a nice job with the skill guys we already have. We still need a #1 receiver. Someone with lots of speed.
My fear is they will panic like they’ve done with guys like Burns and Uncle Jarvis. and jump on a Malik Willis or Sam Howell which sets us back even further by delaying adding immediate OL or DL talent in the first.
I’d rather we wait in drafting our QB at least another year,

I’m just not sold on any of these QBs for us in the first round. Build the OL and the DL first. I’m for going out in FA and getting a QB to compete with the two we already have. You guys know who I’ve been pumping, old Mitch. He would beat these two out and think he’d do a nice job with the skill guys we already have. We still need a #1 receiver. Someone with lots of speed.
My fear is they will panic like they’ve done with guys like Burns and Uncle Jarvis. and jump on a Malik Willis or Sam Howell which sets us back even further by delaying adding immediate OL or DL talent in the first.
I’d rather we wait in drafting our QB at least another year,
I can talk myself into Pickett, Corral and Ridder as guys that might be ten year starters in the league… but Willis is going to be a huge hit or miss type… and howell is basically going to be baker 2.0… strong is a pure pocket passer and they don’t want that for whatever reason lol

If you looking for a Quarterback HOW THE **** could you be impressed with this kid as a NFL Caliber QB? He's a tremendous athelete but this guy has some of the worst mechanics I've ever seen from a QB. He will be nothing at an NFL level and whoever drafts this kid will waste the talent around him for years while they hope to develop him into a NFL QB when he basically checks none of the boxes of what you look for in a NFL QB.

If you looking for a Quarterback HOW THE **** could you be impressed with this kid as a NFL Caliber QB? He's a tremendous athelete but this guy has some of the worst mechanics I've ever seen from a QB. He will be nothing at an NFL level and whoever drafts this kid will waste the talent around him for years while they hope to develop him into a NFL QB when he basically checks none of the boxes of what you look for in a NFL QB.
So your saying he is Lamar Jackson?

He won't be. Not with a plethora of starving teams in need of a QB.
2. Detroit - needs a QB, just can't see them passing on an elite pass rusher. They have the Rams 1st-rounder as well.

3. Houston - like Detroit, I don't think they'll pass on a higher-rated talent. The team is a mess and Davis Mills will probably get a shot at the job.

5. New York Giants - New coach and GM. Will they try with Daniel Jones or move in a different direction?

6. Carolina - They've already tried the mediocre QB projects. It doesn't work. They need to swing big or draft a QB. This is the first spot I could see one getting drafted. Tepper is a Pittsburgh guy.

7. Giants - Here is the spot for the Giants to take a QB.

9. Denver - They'll make a huge push for a talented veteran QB. If that fails, this is another potential QB needy team.

11. Washington - I don't see them making an offseason splash, so drafting a QB makes sense.

On the low end I expect two to go, with upwards of four. I'd guess Willis and Pickett are probably at the top of most draft boards. Pickett is the most pro ready and Willis has the highest upside.

2. Detroit - needs a QB, just can't see them passing on an elite pass rusher. They have the Rams 1st-rounder as well.

3. Houston - like Detroit, I don't think they'll pass on a higher-rated talent. The team is a mess and Davis Mills will probably get a shot at the job.

5. New York Giants - New coach and GM. Will they try with Daniel Jones or move in a different direction?

6. Carolina - They've already tried the mediocre QB projects. It doesn't work. They need to swing big or draft a QB. This is the first spot I could see one getting drafted. Tepper is a Pittsburgh guy.

7. Giants - Here is the spot for the Giants to take a QB.

9. Denver - They'll make a huge push for a talented veteran QB. If that fails, this is another potential QB needy team.

11. Washington - I don't see them making an offseason splash, so drafting a QB makes sense.

On the low end I expect two to go, with upwards of four. I'd guess Willis and Pickett are probably at the top of most draft boards. Pickett is the most pro ready and Willis has the highest upside.
Biggest thing with that group will be Free Agency and Trades prior to draft

At least Tomlin didn't spend his time with the punters.