• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers bringing back LB Tyler Matakevich on a 1 year contract

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:

Jalen Elliott was waived (S) to make room…​

This could be the end for Mark Robinson. This is the end, my only friend. The end.
Yeah I think the new ST emphasis will be his undoing. Of course he can always camp out on the PS…

Dirty Red! I hollered that down to him in the players parking lot after the Cleveland game in ‘19 and he smiled and waved back at me. Solid dude and a solid player. Good signing.

I don't see how the numbers work but welcome back. How many off ball linebackers are your going to keep? Three starting capable 4 if Holcomb is healthy.

Trust in the front office, but he wasn’t really that good here on his first stint.

I’d think special teams is a factor.

Now that he is back and a STEELERS player, i wish him nothing but the best and to be over productive as well.

Salute the nation

Trust in the front office, but he wasn’t really that good here on his first stint.

I’d think special teams is a factor.

Now that he is back and a STEELERS player, i wish him nothing but the best and to be over productive as well.

Salute the nation
Makes me think Holcomb may be farther away from health than expected. Solidified STs for the 🐐 ST coach and add insurance/depth behind Queen and Roberts. You and I both know Shades doesn’t like to rely on rookies, especially at ILB.

Makes me think Holcomb may be farther away from health than expected. Solidified STs for the 🐐 ST coach and add insurance/depth behind Queen and Roberts. You and I both know Shades doesn’t like to rely on rookies, especially at ILB.

GOAT ST‘s Bubbles :ROFLMAO::sick::eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Fiji Mariner, thanks for all your great and humorous (i hope you are not serious at times:) Post(s) along the way.

Salute the nation

Here is the thing… I like the pick up but it does come with concerns. Dirty Red’s ST tackles have decreased recently. So is he that same caliber ST performer? Training camp will answer that but I wouldn’t lock him in just yet.

Here is the thing… I like the pick up but it does come with concerns. Dirty Red’s ST tackles have decreased recently. So is he that same caliber ST performer? Training camp will answer that but I wouldn’t lock him in just yet.
I was just thinking the same thing. Is he still a capable ST performer or is he on the downside of his career? Either way, not a bad option to have this type of veteran depth in training camp.

I was just thinking the same thing. Is he still a capable ST performer or is he on the downside of his career? Either way, not a bad option to have this type of veteran depth in training camp.
He'll be turning 32 in December, so yeah, he may not be so special on special teams anymore.

This is a depth signing in case of injury. Id say he has a ratger small chance of makingbtge actual roster without injury concerns or if ST needs more depth

If you are not making changes, you aren’t moving forward

I use this one all the time———

If you’re not moving forward,….. then you are going backwards.

Salute the natiobn

It's a " comfort signing" for Tomlin. At 32 he likely has little left. But Tomlin knows him. 2nd highest paid coach. Looky there!