• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Conducting GM Interviews

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers have announced that they’ve interviewed three outside candidates for their soon to be opening at General Manager.

We interviewed the following candidates for our General Manager position this week:

• Ryan Cowden (Tennessee Titans)
• Ed Dodds (Indianapolis Colts)
• JoJo Wooden (Los Angeles Chargers)

— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) February 4, 2022

Ryan Cowden (Tennessee Titans)
Ed Dodds (Indianapolis Colts)
JoJo Wooden (Los Angeles Chargers)

Cowden, 42, just concluded his 22nd season in the NFL and 6th with the Titans. He was promoted to Vice President of Player Personnel in 2018. He spent 16 years in scouting with the Carolina Panthers before heading to Tennessee.

Dodds, 41, is the assistant General Manager in Indianapolis. He came into the league as a Pro Personnel Intern with the Raiders before spending ten years with the Seahawks. He was elevated to Senior Personnel Executive in his last two years with Seattle.

Wooden, has already interviewed with the Bears for their General Manager position this off-season. He spent 16 years with the Jets in various roles before heading to the Chargers in 2013. He’s currently the Director of Player Personnel for the Chargers.

Steelers have already interviewed in-house candidates Omar Khan, and Brandon Hunt. Reports indicate that Mike Tomlin, Kevin Colbert, and Art Rooney are split on who they believe should take over for Colbert when he retires following the Draft.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Not overly enthused about a man that had a long tenure with the Jets. The other two sure green light it.

Flip a coin, draw straws, play rock, paper, scissors...just get it done

They better be very careful in who they select here for a very critical position. The wrong selection could have dire consequences and set us back years.
I’m actually ok with Omar or Brandon for the job.
I don’t want anyone who worked for the Jets.

They better be very careful in who they select here for a very critical position. The wrong selection could have dire consequences and set us back years.
Not sure Omar is the right man for the job. I rather he just stay as the cap guru.

I wonder if Cooch drove up to the interview in his luxury vehicle?
He is waiting until after the draft so he can tell them who he would have picked.

I hear you and agree. But I remember thinking “why the **** are we hiring a GM who worked for the Lions” when we got Colbert.

I hear you and agree. But I remember thinking “why the **** are we hiring a GM who worked for the Lions” when we got Colbert.
Depends does the Jets have a pipeline of decent talent he helped bring in? I had that feeling about Colbert in that the Lions despite being a substandard team had some decent talent. At least that was my impression at the time.

Tomlin wants Hunt.
Colbert wants Omar.
Art wants to hire someone outside the organization.
There really shouldn't be a "split" opinion on this. It's Art's money. So he should tell them "We're going with the best we can find that isn't already here. We've interviewed the in-house guys and they're not doing it for me."
That's how it "should" go. So, who gets the job; Omar or Hunt? :ROFLMAO:

Not overly enthused about a man that had a long tenure with the Jets. The other two sure green light it.

I seen that as well but also alarming in the article is "Tomlin & Colbert" are split with Rooney on whot he next GM should be ? Puppet vs actual GM ?

I'm in favor of outside organization hire.

Salute the nation

I wonder if Cooch drove up to the interview in his luxury vehicle?

I siphoned a little out of the LUXURY S10 and sent it to him................. he does get great gas mileage !!!

Salute the nation

That guy left the Jets in 2013 and is with the Chargers since then. Seems they are building in the right direction. The drafted a pretty good QB if I recall.

That guy left the Jets in 2013 and is with the Chargers since then. Seems they are building in the right direction. The drafted a pretty good QB if I recall.
Colbert also came from the Lions, so you can get quality football minds from bad teams. On the surface, it appears as though the Steelers have interviewed quality candidates.

Steelers to interview Louis Riddick for GM.
Hillarious! All these minority candidates. It's like ARll reads this forum and is trolling some of the posters like M.I.A. (Man In The Arena) who are most vocal about the Rooney Rule. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

*Just an observation. No need for those same posters to get all upset and shoot the messenger. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think Riddick knows football really well and is highly respected. I'm concerned how long he's been out of the game. Worth an interview given he was a Pitt guy.