• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Dallas injury updates:

More carries for Najee. An analysts was talking about Najee needing to make quicker decisions and how he'd break bigger runs in Smith's zone scheme.
You might see a decent amount of the rookie RB.

But after Harris gets angry he usually follows it up with a better performance. So just maybe…

Warren and Patterson out.

And Parsons,Cooks.and Lawrence out.
I tell ya….they are pretty well last or close to it in run defense. With Parsons and Lawrence out,if the Steelers can’t run on them and control the clock this game…..I won’t know what to think. It’s time for Naj to actually do something. They have to keep the ball out of Dak’s hands.
Trevon Diggs one of the top CB’s in the league has a really banged up ankle. Our OC will have a big influence on this game.

Indy had a bad run defense but they stacked the box and we stupidly ran into it. Hopefully they learned
I think Smith wants badly to be a play action pass team. But our RB has to run well for that to be effective.

A lot of things falling in place for a beat down. I hope the focus is more intense and the "jacked" is left for nighttime dreams.........

Salute the nation

Don't forget
Highsmith too !!! He's out

Salute the nation
Yeah I don’t think their threat to run in this one is as great. Dallas is more of a passing team. So Watt and Herbig should be able to pin their ears back in this one…

You might see a decent amount of the rookie RB.

But after Harris gets angry he usually follows it up with a better performance. So just maybe…
Hard to do much worse than the pathetic slow jogging display he put forth last week, I’d call it a pathetic running display but he’d have to go quite a bit quicker for me to categorize what he was doing as running

Maybe he’ll do more than 1 good catch this week and his 1.6ypc, maybe since he’s pissed.

I honestly don’t think Harris is being used properly, his “skill set” has FB written all over it in the NFL.

No burst-put him closer to the line of scrimmage.
No vision- give him a 1 gap assignment to dive through on short yardage plays
Good blocker ✔️
Mean streak ✔️
Decent pass catcher ✔️

As a FB he’d still get his 2 ypc he was almost averaging last week and could chip a rusher then slip into the flat creating space for him to operate as he doesn’t have the speed, burst or vision to get there otherwise. Get him his 10 touches (5 short yardage rushes and 5 catches) and use him as a rotational player at FB

Just need Warren and CP to get healthy

He just isn’t being used properly as his skill set was decent when his OL was all blue chip prospects playing inferior opponents at Bama, but he simply isn’t someone to run the offense through at the NFL level imho.

So glad they didn’t use the 5th year option.

Maybe the Bears could send Swift over, he seems to fit AS running scheme better and has been underperforming as a Bear, and Khan is great at fleecing them 🤔

Hard to do much worse than the pathetic slow jogging display he put forth last week, I’d call it a pathetic running display but he’d have to go quite a bit quicker for me to categorize what he was doing as running

Maybe he’ll do more than 1 good catch this week and his 1.6ypc, maybe since he’s pissed.

I honestly don’t think Harris is being used properly, his “skill set” has FB written all over it in the NFL.

Good blocker ✔️
Mean streak ✔️
Decent pass catcher ✔️

As a FB he’d still get his 2 ypc he was almost averaging last week and could chip a rusher then slip into the flat creating space for him to operate as he doesn’t have the speed, burst or vision to get there otherwise. Get him his 10 touches (5 short yardage rushes and 5 catches) and use him as a rotational player at FB

He just isn’t being used properly as his skill set was decent when his OL was all blue chip prospects playing inferior opponents at Bama, but he simply isn’t someone to run the offense through at the NFL level imho.

Maybe the Bears could send Swift over, he seems to fit AS running scheme better and has been underperforming as a Bear, and Khan is great at fleecing them 🤔
with the Warren injury I can’t help to wonder if the room will be totally revamped next year. I like him but we need productive and healthy backs…

with the Warren injury I can’t help to wonder if the room will be totally revamped next year. I like him but we need productive and healthy backs…
You’d hope they go into the game with a better plan than just Najee and Shemp…is Ward next guy up off practice squad?

I’d snatch Milton back from the Bengals PS for depth behind them (and to prep for them with a little inside info never hurts)

You’d hope they go into the game with a better plan than just Najee and Shemp…is Ward next guy up off practice squad?

I’d snatch Milton back from the Bengals PS for depth behind them (and to prep for them with a little inside info never hurts)
They added Perine back in the PS so Ward or him could be brought up. I would presume Ward…

Good blocker ✔️
Mean streak ✔️
Decent pass catcher ✔️

Taylor ?

Salute the nation

Was Harris always this slow at Bama? Or did they just have a better OLine and coaching?

I would have expected a first round RB to have better production

I would be shocked if practice squad Shampklin doesn't look like an upgrade. You could literally pull guys out of the stands that could get you 18 yards on 13 carries

Was Harris always this slow at Bama? Or did they just have a better OLine and coaching?

I would have expected a first round RB to have better production
He also fit their run scheme well. I thought he'd fit the zone scheme of Smith well but he just don't get there quick enough.