• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Dallas injury updates:

The line is what it is. Same line for every back on the team. When there is a runway big enough for Harris to get up to speed he's a beast. But in the NFL most often the back has to be able to use vision and athleticism to find an opening. Which is not Harris strong suit.
Najee just hasn't improved even facing some bad run defenses like the colts. Mixon and Jacob's go 150 plus vs colts and Harris goes 19 yds out of the teams 130+ rushing vs colts. 3.4 YPC on the season is Inexcusable for any starting Nfl RB.

Harris is a big part of the reason the offensive has lacked explosion for years, all his numbers are purely a product of availability and being a high usage back.

Conservative coach
Previous poor OCs
Previous poor QBs
And a RB that consistently puts the offense behind the sticks

It’s no mystery scoring 21+ is a challenge

Now having a decent OC
An improving QB
More talent on the OL (when not all hurt)

It’s time to add a few playmakers
Go grab a solid vet RB, or two this offseason, and draft a WR early to pair with GP

It’s time to move on from the disappointing wasted first round pick

It seems our line is still getting familiar with this scheme.

I watched most of it and Harris had absolutely nowhere to run. No holes, nothing.

Then at 11:00 when Patterson got the carry, there was a hole big enough to drive a truck though!

Makes no sense. The only explanation I can think of is that the opposing D keys on Harris like it's nobody's business.
You stop Harris, you stop the Steelers is the mindset defenders may have.

Any other back and they don't get the same respect.

I watched most of it and Harris had absolutely nowhere to run. No holes, nothing.

Then at 11:00 when Patterson got the carry, there was a hole big enough to drive a truck though!

Makes no sense. The only explanation I can think of is that the opposing D keys on Harris like it's nobody's business.
You stop Harris, you stop the Steelers is the mindset defenders may have.

Any other back and they don't get the same respect.
Watching that I’m seeing a little meat on the bones, not much but a little is there. Definitely not the gaping holes that’s for sure.

While the OL isn’t doing him too many favors he does consistently seem to make poor down and distance decisions…imo likely a combination of his lack of vision and burst. On the 4th down play if he doesn’t make the jump cut and simply leans into a power game (which he should have) looks like an easy first is available by simply diving through the gap right in front of his face…instead he does a jump cut loses forward momentum and an easy stop for the D. He doesn’t seem to do too many things great other than be available.

And if any other back simply doesn’t get the respect and can make something out of the same OL vs the D matchup why spend a first round pick on a guy that yields worse results than when any other back is in there?

I see one consistent issue and it’s a large portion of the offense going through one player that frequently gives less than stellar returns for his usage…square peg into round hole

Maybe they should try using the pass to open up the run with Najee if they are going to continue to feed such a percentage of the offense to him.
Start by chipping and releasing to flats and then once they respect the pass (and the edge of the D he can’t get to rushing) maybe he can do what every other RB is doing behind the OL

I’m not holding my breath tho as 3.25 years in he’s still an under 4ypc back
That’s a fairly large sample size

Harris is simply a step or two too slow on most plays and does way too many jump cuts when a big guy like him could benefit from not killing the little momentum his minimal burst produces and lean into positive yardage presented to him.

Last edited:
Watching that I’m seeing a little meat on the bones, not much but a little is there. Definitely not the gaping holes that’s for sure.

While the OL isn’t doing him too many favors he does consistently seem to make poor down and distance decisions…imo likely a combination of his lack of vision and burst. On the 4th down play if he doesn’t make the jump cut and simply leans into a power game (which he should have) looks like an easy first is available by simply diving through the gap right in front of his face…instead he does a jump cut loses forward momentum and an easy stop for the D. He doesn’t seem to do too many things great other than be available.

And if any other back simply doesn’t get the respect and can make something out of the same OL vs the D matchup why spend a first round pick on a guy that yields worse results than when any other back is in there?

I see one consistent issue and it’s a large portion of the offense going through one player that frequently gives less than stellar returns for his usage…square peg into round hole

Maybe they should try using the pass to open up the run with Najee if they are going to continue to feed such a percentage of the offense to him.
Start by chipping and releasing to flats and then once they respect the pass (and the edge of the D he can’t get to rushing) maybe he can do what every other RB is doing behind the OL

I’m not holding my breath tho as 3.25 years in he’s still an under 4ypc back
That’s a fairly large sample size

Harris is simply a step or two too slow on most plays and does way too many jump cuts when a big guy like him could benefit from not killing the little momentum his minimal burst produces and lean into positive yardage presented to him.
Not a bad idea.