• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Go Defense Early and Offense Late in this Post Combine Mock

I know! With that Watson deal I feel they’re stuck between a rock and a hard place. Pay a QB who’s regressed every season and crazy amount of money and handcuff your team for 5+ years. Or trade him and piss off your simpleton fan base.

Now it’s time for the bunglas to bungle and everything will be right with the AFC North.

Love that last line, akes you know what the last 20 years have been in the AFC North

Salute the nation

The Steelers have stated publicly they want a mobile QB. I have stated publicly they are trying to fit a narrative. I’ll leave it at that.

But mobile QBs are not the wave of the future. The mobile QB is cyclical as the NFL gets enamored with them every 10-15 years or so. It’s fun to watch but they don’t win any championships. Then the defenses adjust and they start winning less games. You will always need a pass first QB. If they can scramble after the play breaks down that’s a bonus. Mahomes and Allen are pass first QB’s with the ability to scramble. Kelley is in a lesser extent that same mold.
I always took it as they want a QB with the ability to extend plays with his legs, basically just as Roethlisberger did in his younger days.

I always took it as they want a QB with the ability to extend plays with his legs, basically just as Roethlisberger did in his younger days.

Ben extended plays his entire carrer, just way more effective the first 3/4 of it.

Salute the nation

Mock the mock

20. Derek Stingley, CB, LSU
-I know the game is won in the trenches and Stingley is a boom/bust type player, I just don't want to pass up a potentially elite player at a premium position.

52. Travis Jones, IDL, UConn
-From everything I've read, Jones projects to be a pretty good player at the NFL level.

84. George Pickens, WR, Georgia
-Moore is the safe pick here, I'm swinging for the fences with Pickens.

138. Sean Rhyan, OL, UCLA
-Trying to find a quality developmental OL with guard/tackle ability.

208. Darrian Beavers, ILB, Cincinnati
-For a position that constantly seems to struggle with depth, here's another attempt at it.

225. Bo Melton, WR, Rutgers
-I want the Steelers to add speed to the position. Melton has it.

241. Damarri Mathis, CB, Pitt
-I didn't plan to double down on cornerback, but realized Mathis was still available and he's an absolute steal at this point of the draft.
I also like Melton as a late round sleeper at WR..

Yep. A qb that can extend and keep his eyes down field and when everything breaks down run for a few yards. Allen and Mahomes are perfect examples.

I like Cole Kelley from the little I saw of him in the NFLPA game ...

Oh come on, dino, you want the Steelers to spend a valuable 7th round pick on a developmental small college QB who has not shown he can produce against big-time college competition? Pfffft, no way.

Now Malik Willis, he is the guy, since he is a developmental small college QB ...

Wait ...