• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers' Great Terry Bradshaw Shares Absolutely Painful Wish "I Know I Don't Deserve This"

You know if I could talk to Bradshaw for a few minutes I'd tell him that time is short and he should get involved with his former teammates more. That FOX crap should be secondary. Don't use it as an excuse to forgo special events with your brothers. It will be the best free therapy you could ever have.

Most definitely. It is why I click. Hopefully a few that write the articles perhaps can take a little criticism and learn from it. When you scroll down over half an article to get to the meat on every article it gets old. Most of it is fluff they throw in when all I am looking for is based off the title of the article. It is what it is at the moment.

You should google SEO and do some research on it. What it means, all of the things that are required for it. Part of the stuff that Google looks for when it posts things onto their search results is how long did users spend on a page, did the user do an action on the page. That means for example did the user scroll down, did they click a link, etc. So the meat of a story isn't going to be the first sentence of the page. It's always going to be the second or third paragraph.

I don't expect any of you to understand any of this. It isn't your lifes work. But to come on here and say clickbait and all that other garbage that isn't true really upsets me. I take that personal.

You should google SEO and do some research on it. What it means, all of the things that are required for it. Part of the stuff that Google looks for when it posts things onto their search results is how long did users spend on a page, did the user do an action on the page. That means for example did the user scroll down, did they click a link, etc. So the meat of a story isn't going to be the first sentence of the page. It's always going to be the second or third paragraph.

I don't expect any of you to understand any of this. It isn't your lifes work. But to come on here and say clickbait and all that other garbage that isn't true really upsets me. I take that personal.
So if I understand now. Apparently articles have to be a certain length. And to get to that length for advertisement reasons a bunch of stuff that I deem nonsense is added in as a filler. To be honest with you. I get it now and will look at the articles in a different light going forward.

As far as the click bait angle. So say sources are saying that we are interested in signing Cook and Young is laughable. We are set at RB. At LBer we have Watt and are looking to sign Highsmith long term. We just added a backup LBer also. So what is one to think if these are not click bait articles? I click on them to see if they perhaps have any inside info that is reliable. I can't say I see any though. I guess from here on out I will keep my opinions myself. That should help the writers get better. Constructive criticism is the way of the past.

As far as the click bait angle. So say sources are saying that we are interested in signing Cook and Young is laughable. We are set at RB. At LBer we have Watt and are looking to sign Highsmith long term. We just added a backup LBer also. So what is one to think if these are not click bait articles? I click on them to see if they perhaps have any inside info that is reliable. I can't say I see any though. I guess from here on out I will keep my opinions myself. That should help the writers get better. Constructive criticism is the way of the past.
That's really not what either article was about. Cook was in regards to Joy Taylor suggesting the Steelers would be a good match for Cook and Young connecting the dots with Tomlin's interest back when Young came out and the need to add pass rushers--you can never have enough. Since then, another writer has a source saying the Steelers are indeed interested in Young. Other than that, it's the offseason and all you have is speculation or scenarios to consider.

So if I understand now. Apparently articles have to be a certain length. And to get to that length for advertisement reasons a bunch of stuff that I deem nonsense is added in as a filler. To be honest with you. I get it now and will look at the articles in a different light going forward.
It isn't for advertisements. It's for Google. When you search Steelers on Google we (SN) want to come up at the top of the results. To do that you have to do everything that Google wants you to do. But Google doesn't publicly tell anyone what they look for. So SEO companies get paid tens of thousands of dollars PER month to help sites try to figure it out.

We also have to use words called 'Power Words' in the title. https://rankmath.com/blog/power-words/

It isn't for advertisements. It's for Google. When you search Steelers on Google we (SN) want to come up at the top of the results. To do that you have to do everything that Google wants you to do. But Google doesn't publicly tell anyone what they look for. So SEO companies get paid tens of thousands of dollars PER month to help sites try to figure it out.

We also have to use words called 'Power Words' in the title. https://rankmath.com/blog/power-words/
Thanks for setting it straight for me. I truly am looking at everything in a different light.

Thanks for setting it straight for me. I truly am looking at everything in a different light.

81 makes lotSA sense, he has really made this web-site the absolutely best. He took it from a good solid foundation and turned it into a MOUNTAIN.

Best Steelers site on the web.

STEELERNATION.COM

I thank him and all those whom have helped along the way.

I’ve been here forever (90s) and have seen this site grow a lot, but 81 has brought this place home, tip O’l hat !!!

Salute the nation

I totally understand where you are coming from, but I don’t think you should take offense when people rib you for using clickbait tactics. We all know that the articles are usually good here.

I get it.. it isn’t your fault that google is both a monopoly and utterly ******* stupid.

I totally understand where you are coming from, but I don’t think you should take offense when people rib you for using clickbait tactics. We all know that the articles are usually good here.

I get it.. it isn’t your fault that google is both a monopoly and utterly ******* stupid.
I do take it personally. Especially from you people who are supposed to be my friends, online family, etc. The trolls are one thing, but I'm not going to take it from you all.