• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Have Second Best Odds To Land Deshaun Watson

And that cell phone cameras didn't exist 30 or 40 years ago. :lol:
I've concluded that the Steeler fan base is going to lose their collective **** no matter who the QB is, so I'm not going to worry about it.
Anybody wants my opinion, I'm going to say Rudolph. Doesn't mean I think he's the best choice but knowing the way the team does business I think that's who it's most likely to be.
And I feel for Rudolph or whoever it is. The guy that follows Ben is going to take a lot of **** for not being Ben. Unless he leads the team to a SB win in his first year. The second guy will have it a little easier. But man, that first guy is gonna catch hell.

And I feel for Rudolph or whoever it is. The guy that follows Ben is going to take a lot of **** for not being Ben. Unless he leads the team to a SB win in his first year. The second guy will have it a little easier. But man, that first guy is gonna catch hell.
Correctamundo.
I'm old and remember Bradshaw and the years immediately after he retired.
Mark Malone might have been pretty good but he tore up his knee and missed a year so we got Cliff Stoudt. When Malone came back he wasn't the same player.

And that cell phone cameras didn't exist 30 or 40 years ago. :lol:
I've concluded that the Steeler fan base is going to lose their collective **** no matter who the QB is, so I'm not going to worry about it.
Anybody wants my opinion, I'm going to say Rudolph. Doesn't mean I think he's the best choice but knowing the way the team does business I think that's who it's most likely to be.
****...Like most people didn't have a good one around 2008 or so. And couldn't upload it to wherever. Thankfully, I've gotten smarter. (y)

Correctamundo.
I'm old and remember Bradshaw and the years immediately after he retired.
Mark Malone might have been pretty good but he tore up his knee and missed a year so we got Cliff Stoudt. When Malone came back he wasn't the same player.
I don't think Malone's knee had much to do with the player he did or didn't become. He just wasn't that good. Didn't he catch that 90 yarder from Bradshaw post knee injury?

I don't think Malone's knee had much to do with the player he did or didn't become. He just wasn't that good. Didn't he catch that 90 yarder from Bradshaw post knee injury?
No, that was before he got hurt.

Among his more memorable games in the NFL include becoming the first quarterback in Steeler history to complete over 80% of his passes (minimum 20 attempts) in a game vs. San Diego on November 25, 1984 (18 completions in 22 attempts, 253 yards, 4 touchdowns, 1 interception); won AFC Offensive Player of the Week for his opening day 1985 performance vs. Indianapolis (21 completions in 30 attempts for 287 yards, 5 touchdowns passing, 1 rushing) that included tying Hall of Famer Terry Bradshaw's team record for single game touchdown passes; passed for a career-high 374 yards on 26 completions with three touchdowns vs. Cincinnati on September 30, 1985; was the starting quarterback when Pittsburgh became the first visiting team to beat the Denver Broncos in the post season, leading the Steelers to a come from behind 24–17 victory in the 1984 AFC Divisional Game on December 30, 1984 (overcame two early fumbles to complete 17 of 28 passes for 228 yards and threw the game-tying touchdown pass to Louis Lipps); earned the final victory of his career as a starting quarterback against Pittsburgh, completing 17 of 24 passes, throwing a touchdown and scoring 1 rushing to lead San Diego to a 20–14 win over Pittsburgh on December 11, 1988; set a Steeler post season record (since eclipsed by Neil O'Donnell and Tommy Maddox) for single-game passing-yards for his 336-yard performance vs. Miami in the 1984 AFC Championship Game (completed 20 of 36 passes; threw 3 touchdowns and 3 interceptions).

No. Rog is going to wait until someone signs him, then suspend him for half a season or a whole season.
No point suspending him when he's out of work anyway. His current employer obviously wants him gone.
We have too many other needs, OL and DL, to trade away a bunch of high draft picks on one guy.

Depends on who signs him, if robert hand job kraft's team signs hi it's time served for missing last season but if it's the STEELERS........ 16 game and not PO elgible till '23 season.

Salute the nation

Guess the Steelers must have the best odds for Watson now that Tampa found their quarterback for 2022. I'd trade for him in a heartbeat if the asking price was reasonable, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

sometimes the money is not correct, lol

If the Steelers still need a qb after the season, and they wanted to make a play on Watson, they could hope everyone passes on him now and his price tag comes way down with only one season left… a year or two removed from the allegations might let things settle down more, especially if there is exculpatory evidence that will come to light in any civil trial

If the Steelers still need a qb after the season, and they wanted to make a play on Watson, they could hope everyone passes on him now and his price tag comes way down with only one season left… a year or two removed from the allegations might let things settle down more, especially if there is exculpatory evidence that will come to light in any civil trial
Now that the Criminal phase seems over, Watson's team should be rebuilding his image asap to get just one team in need comfortable with him. Then they should be building the public case for how he was misunderstood, or whatever.......not seeing that happening yet, so this has a longer lifespan.....too bad for him/his football career.

Now that the Criminal phase seems over, Watson's team should be rebuilding his image asap to get just one team in need comfortable with him. Then they should be building the public case for how he was misunderstood, or whatever.......not seeing that happening yet, so this has a longer lifespan.....too bad for him/his football career.
Some people are just their own worst enemies

Watson is meeting with the Browns today. Seems like it's a three team race to land him. Saints and Panthers the others.