• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Jagoffs game thread.

Etienne absolutely could not be stopped in college & was on the board when we took Najee 3.9 Harris in the first ...
Unless Najee changes something really fast this will have proven to be a mistake. Again not sure if it’s fair to compare yet with our offensive ineptness for the last 2 years.

Pads in tonight’s practice…..

Salute the nation

Tomlin is hereby requiring that that the players wear pads 24/7 for the next month. In response, the players are demanding the coaches and owners wear pads as well. But Tampax can't make enough pads for our coaches and owners.

Love the hate for Mitch he drove down the field and got your TD what exactly did Kenny do and he came off the bench to do it. Kenny would have had int but Jacksonville dropped two, so come on . This team has more problems than to call out Mitch.

He makes very poor decisions. Calls a time out with 8 seconds on the play clock, on 2nd and 3. Comes back in and throws into triple coverage for the INT.

I mean his first throw of the game is 10 yards short into double coverage. On the 4th and 16, clean pocket to step up into, spins outside INTO pressure for the dump off pass. And then the confused look, like he didn't know it was 4th down.

Constantly checking down within 2 seconds. Under throwing Pickens, nearly throwing a 3rd INT. His foot work is a mess, throws off his back foot way too much. He even threw the hail marry too early and way short. Didn't even give our guys a chance to get down there.

Pickett missed an easy TD for sure, the play calling on the two plays prior were HORRIBLE. He was hitting DJ quite well until he was driven into the turf.

He makes very poor decisions. Calls a time out with 8 seconds on the play clock, on 2nd and 3. Comes back in and throws into triple coverage for the INT.

I mean his first throw of the game is 10 yards short into double coverage. On the 4th and 16, clean pocket to step up into, spins outside INTO pressure for the dump off pass. And then the confused look, like he didn't know it was 4th down.

Constantly checking down within 2 seconds. Under throwing Pickens, nearly throwing a 3rd INT. His foot work is a mess, throws off his back foot way too much. He even threw the hail marry too early and way short. Didn't even give our guys a chance to get down there.

Pickett missed an easy TD for sure, the play calling on the two plays prior were HORRIBLE. He was hitting DJ quite well until he was driven into the turf.

Got it

So much to blame this loss on..

This is a .500 team or worse when the smoke clears.

Watch other games.. watch how WRs make catches. Watch how DBs play tight to WRs and not give 5+ yard cushions and then hope to make a tackle. Watch how plays are called to move the ball down the field and not 3 yards on 3rd and 11. Watch other coaches use the timeouts and clock effectively.

We have a coach that is good at press conferences and that’s it.

This team has sucked for three years now. And not one damn noteworthy thing has changed. It is the same junk every freaking week.

So much to blame this loss on..

This is a .500 team or worse when the smoke clears.

Watch other games.. watch how WRs make catches. Watch how DBs play tight to WRs and not give 5+ yard cushions and then hope to make a tackle. Watch how plays are called to move the ball down the field and not 3 yards on 3rd and 11. Watch other coaches use the timeouts and clock effectively.

We have a coach that is good at press conferences and that’s it.
First the O just isn't good enough. The refs did a heavy assist in this game but the O isn't good enough to overcome obstacles.

Canada isn't good enough. The scheme isn't good enough.

All I have..

@Steeltime I think I ALSO will be hitting up Costco

Best thing I did today.

Lol you guys. Costco on a Sunday. Oh joy. 🙂

Steelmann, we are doing that rather than watching the Tomlin/Canada/Austin coached Steelers. The list of things preferable to watching this team is nearly infinite and includes root canal, getting audited, watching The View, talking to some lady in the Philippines about a prescription, and picking up somebody at the airport.

Best thing I did today.

Steelmann, we are doing that rather than watching the Tomlin/Canada/Austin coached Steelers. The list of things preferable to watching this team is nearly infinite and includes root canal, getting audited, watching The View, talking to some lady in the Philippines about a prescription, and picking up somebody at the airport.
I think jail time for serial rapists should include 20 hours a day of watching the view at 100% volume in solitary. If that doesn’t turn you off sex with woman,nothing will. Of course ,you might turn into a serial killer.

Tomlin is hereby requiring that that the players wear pads 24/7 for the next month. In response, the players are demanding the coaches and owners wear pads as well. But Tampax can't make enough pads for our coaches and owners.
Coming from a guy that was in the Feminine Care manufacturing business for years...

Tampax is not a "pad" product but actually a tampon...

But I heard ya....
:)

Yes, you believe it because you're hopeful that it comes to fruition.

I’m hoping this doesn’t turn into a hopeful flirtatious fruition.!

Salute the nation