• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers' Mike Tomlin Gives Desperate Answer Regarding Kenny Pickett's Lack Of Clutch Play Earlier In Games

What plays out of the fertile mind of Matt Canada would he be allowed to audible too? I don't have much confidence the choices would be any better than the original play.

I can't recall one time in all the years with Ben, regardless of the coordinator, that a big play happened off of when we all knew he was audibling.
Some good points made. I wasn't so much talking about a big play happening, but rather not losing 5-10 yds when it's apparent the play called by Duh is doomed before the ball is snapped. Like seeing an obvious minefield, but choosing to walk through it anyway. But, that's what happens when the playbook is the size of a single page in a pocket notebook.

"Coaches avoid this dump like the plague, least ways career minded coaches."

Can't speak to how accurate it is or not, but I saw an interview with Warren Zapp where he said he spoke directly to gruden about the possibility of gruden coming to Pittsburgh and essentially gruden said "Oh f*** no!"

If you’re taking the time to use my line, give me credit in the quote—————- sayiN it for a friend

Salute the nation