• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers' Najee Harris Agitated Over Matt Canada Hate "That's Just Stupid What Y'all Are Doing"

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers are near or at the bottom of the league in practically every single offensive category, something that has pitchforks raised and Matt Canada on the hot seat in 2023. Throughout 2022, a year where the offense struggled to produce on a weekly basis as well, Canada's job was questioned, and now that has risen to a full-throated roar. There is someone who doesn't see things that way, though, Steelers starting running back, Najee Harris.

READ MORE

Unfortunately, the team sports social structure of this country makes sure that players are conditioned to not question the coaches and always say we have to play better..

Its almost cultish…

99% of players don’t know ****. Unfortunately they don’t know what they don’t know…

Props to him for trying to defend the coaching staff… but he is utterly wrong…

Star players have the ability to criticize coaches because 99% of the time fans will side with the players over the coaches. Of course if the players execute every play they'll be successful. This staff is just making it very difficult for this group to be successful.

Look at how they neutralize their own players. George Pickens doesn't get any deep shots. Freiermuth is ignored over the middle of the field. They didn't develop a power blocking scheme for the offensive line. Seumalo was a very good guard in Philadelphia and all of a sudden he struggles in Pittsburgh. Diontae Johnson would put up huge numbers with a team like San Francisco and he didn't score a TD here last season. This offense plays like they're in the stone age.

I'm going to take this a different way. It's Najee trying to rally better effort from his teammates knowing damn well that they are being handicapped by the coaching/coordinator. I mean, if he says "Canada sucks", etc., he'll be labeled as a malcontent and excuse maker. Plus, he's right in acknowledging that the players have also played like ****.

Star players have the ability to criticize coaches because 99% of the time fans will side with the players over the coaches. Of course if the players execute every play they'll be successful. This staff is just making it very difficult for this group to be successful.

Look at how they neutralize their own players. George Pickens doesn't get any deep shots. Freiermuth is ignored over the middle of the field. They didn't develop a power blocking scheme for the offensive line. Seumalo was a very good guard in Philadelphia and all of a sudden he struggles in Pittsburgh. Diontae Johnson would put up huge numbers with a team like San Francisco and he didn't score a TD here last season. This offense plays like they're in the stone age.
But, do a majority of fans really view Najee as a star? Or, as soon as Najee opens his mouth to criticize would we be quick to point out what we view as his personal shortcomings this season? Personally, I believe it would be the latter.

But, do a majority of fans really view Najee as a star? Or, as soon as Najee opens his mouth to criticize would we be quick to point out what we view as his personal shortcomings this season? Personally, I believe it would be the latter.
I think they do. He's a fan favorite even though he hasn't produced like a star and the local media is scared to death to criticize him so he gets a free pass on anything he says. Najee, Cam, TJ, Minkah, and even Kenny could say whatever they wanted.

So I finished watching 4 seasons of the Netflix series, Friday Night Lights. Yeah, yeah, it's from 2006, whatever. I didn't have Netflix back then. How does this relate to the topic at hand? The vaunted coach in that series did three things: Yelled at players, went for 2 rather than for a tie, and relied on desperation last-second drives to win games. He never did any actual coaching. He never gave constructive criticism. He just yelled at receivers who dropped the ball, yelled at his QB for an errant throw, but never once actually said something to the players about how to get better at the sport of football.

Mike Tomlin is that guy.

Najee says don't blame Canada, then he's effectively saying his OL sucks. If it's not the coaching then it's the players, right?

What would you expect Najee to say? If Harris had condemned Canada, Tomlin would give Jaylen Warren more carries. A one-way ticket to the doghouse. Guaranteed.

You can execute the plays but if the other team knows what plays you are running or if the plays just make no sense for the situation, something has to give. I think the people outside the clubhouse know a lot more than you think, Naj.

The Pittsburgh Steelers are near or at the bottom of the league in practically every single offensive category, something that has pitchforks raised and Matt Canada on the hot seat in 2023. Throughout 2022, a year where the offense struggled to produce on a weekly basis as well, Canada's job was questioned, and now that has risen to a full-throated roar. There is someone who doesn't see things that way, though, Steelers starting running back, Najee Harris.

READ MORE
Newsflash Najee is a YES man

So does he have no guts/freedom, have his nuts been chopped off??? Or is he just a blind moron??? Maybe a combination of both

Nobody ever accused those Bama boys of being smart, team players certainly, but smart???? Lmao Naj…sure Canada is great!!! So is your dude Tomlin, obviously setting an easy standard for the players

What would you expect Najee to say? If Harris had condemned Canada, Tomlin would give Jaylen Warren more carries. A one-way ticket to the doghouse. Guaranteed.
I would expect him to say ..."I dont get into all that stuff, that's not what I'm focused on.... I just worry about my game and how I can get better"....

So I finished watching 4 seasons of the Netflix series, Friday Night Lights. Yeah, yeah, it's from 2006, whatever. I didn't have Netflix back then. How does this relate to the topic at hand? The vaunted coach in that series did three things: Yelled at players, went for 2 rather than for a tie, and relied on desperation last-second drives to win games. He never did any actual coaching. He never gave constructive criticism. He just yelled at receivers who dropped the ball, yelled at his QB for an errant throw, but never once actually said something to the players about how to get better at the sport of football.

Mike Tomlin is that guy.
The greatest show of all time especially first 2 seasons 🙂

your correct...but its not just Najee, its all players should be more concerned about their own game and not the "swirl" that they cannot control.

As Coach Hoodie like to say.... "Do your job!"

Newsflash Najee is a YES man

So does he have no guts/freedom, have his nuts been chopped off??? Or is he just a blind moron??? Maybe a combination of both

Nobody ever accused those Bama boys of being smart, team players certainly, but smart???? Lmao Naj…sure Canada is great!!! So is your dude Tomlin, obviously setting an easy standard for the players
We know he can't see the field why would the film room be any different?
Canada was the one that was so adamant preseason about Najee being "the guy" People really expect him to throw the coaches under the bus??
95% of fans, talking heads, fantasy football world even former players have questioned Najee being the starter, think Jalen should get the job.
Coaches are the only ones that believe in him.

I would expect him to say ..."I dont get into all that stuff, that's not what I'm focused on.... I just worry about my game and how I can get better"....
Yeah, he needs to focus more on breaking those 2 or 3 tackles with defenders right on top of him in the backfield almost every time he gets the ball.

Well Naj I got news for you. It's the calls and coaching. It's the oline......or it's you. Dealers choice.

Steelers better watch it or they will he a prime candidate for Hard Knocks next summer. Lots of drama not much production.

I have literally been saying Matt Canada isn't anything better than Fichtner since September of 2021. He is an average coach. I also have mentioned we aren't going to get better by firing another coordinator like Fichtner, Butler, Haley, LeBeau, Arians unless Art and Tomlin go. So, what Harris is saying is right. Coaches coach and players play. But when you have mediocre players listening to mediocre coaches you get a mediocre team.

I have literally been saying Matt Canada isn't anything better than Fichtner since September of 2021. He is an average coach. I also have mentioned we aren't going to get better by firing another coordinator like Fichtner, Butler, Haley, LeBeau, Arians unless Art and Tomlin go. So, what Harris is saying is right. Coaches coach and players play. But when you have mediocre players listening to mediocre coaches you get a mediocre team.
The 2023 Steelers are in a chicken or the egg scenario with the coaches and talent of the players. I say its alot of both being subpar.